Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Sunsetting Global Chat Channel in the October Update

Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    Very same experience here. 6 years+ of recruiting almost exclusively from global, never been banned from it, having made many friends (that I still remember now...), etc. Sad, to me, that SC choses the ‘easy’ path to fixing players behavior (that actually will remain in other ways of communication... Expect the end of clan chat, clan mail, clan profile? That’d be the next step into no moderation...

I’ll be also sad to see the chats with clanless players (aka loners) going away.

There’s some worries to have if the ‘finding a clan’ feature/concept is used to ‘recruit players’
    Agreed. I frankly can't think of a way to have decent recruiting without discussion. I sure hope SC has thought of something I haven't.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Hope we see TH13 or something new in the next update.. Because it's already 3 months since last update... But the next update on next month..

Got a few clan mates over the years through global. While it is a toxic place, it has been useful. All the hate is hilarious since you just didn’t have to click on the tab and open it if you didn’t like it. Understand the money suck it became for SC.

Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    Very same experience here. 6 years+ of recruiting almost exclusively from global, never been banned from it, having made many friends (that I still remember now...), etc. Sad, to me, that SC choses the ‘easy’ path to fixing players behavior (that actually will remain in other ways of communication... Expect the end of clan chat, clan mail, clan profile? That’d be the next step into no moderation...

I’ll be also sad to see the chats with clanless players (aka loners) going away.

There’s some worries to have if the ‘finding a clan’ feature/concept is used to ‘recruit players’
    agreed for all my accounts and our clans

First time I am Happy for something getting removed from the game !!

Forum Veteran
    I guess it will also lead to a drastic decrease of the poplation in some regions .....where should the guys get girlfriends from now?

You take away the largest dating platform of middle and far east.
    I used to be sarcastic when I was younger ...... Now it turned to solid cynicism.

Pro Member
    I can't imagine the new way of recluting, but at this point it looks like the worse decision made by SC.

Seriously if you don't like global chat, don't enter. Why do you have to? For nothing.
    Can't scr*d? Learn your lesson. SC doesn't need to spend any resources over there. Just leave it as is. It's a place to waste time while waiting.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by MiCra View Post
    I guess it will also lead to a drastic decrease of the poplation in some regions .....where should the guys get girlfriends from now?

You take away the largest dating platform of middle and far east.

Well, we're not a dating app... :-P
    AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett

I can understand why SC might be happy to remove it since it will save them a lot of work, but I don't understand why players are saying they are happy since they could always just avoid it. 7 years, 49 players, we recruited exclusively from global. I was on global every day pretty much for those 7 years and it was pretty easy to avoid the toxicty. Report, mute and move on.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Salamamanteri View Post
    This kind of saddens me a little bit. I agree the change is good, but so many good memories were created in Norsk global chat.
    People in Norsk chat were the most elitist people I’ve ever seen in my life. Not to mention the fact that they invaded a foreign global chat just to get away from the “peasants” of regular English chat.