Page 2 of 133 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Sunsetting Global Chat Channel in the October Update

Pro Member
    Seeing how this is the only sc game with a global chat, i take it no other sc game will ever have it.

Mixed feelings. Need to see the new player recruitment before I make my decision.

Krakurskull Clan Tag - 2PV8LV0J
    Forum - https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...vel-8-War-Clan

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragonD View Post
    Probably best news related to CoC this month
    ....if not, ever.
    I used to be sarcastic when I was younger ...... Now it turned to solid cynicism.

I hope the recruitment part does get better as they claim now.
    Vague explanations are worse than no explanation so would love to hear some real explanation on what are they planning to use those resources to improve the game experience

Quote Originally Posted by DJluv2013 View Post
    I get that you plan on "improving the Clan recruitment functionality, making it easier than ever for Clans to find new members and for players to find Clans that best suit their play style." I still heavily recruit on global, so I guess it will depend on how this will actually work to see if the recruitment process for our clan will actually go down.
    That goes for us too. Any details on how the recruitment will be improved? Because just improving filters or recommendations is still very impersonal.
    Despite it's problems my clan has done fine recruiting mostly from global. The fact we passed 700 wins some months ago shows just how durable this method of recruitment has been.
    Various data posts: Who plays what? CWL data 1 (stars), 2 (3* rates), 3 (rosters), 4 (start times and other) Data at end of old Legends And (non-data) how max bases are ordered in war
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefistace01 View Post
    I hope the recruitment part does get better as they claim now.
    Vague explanations are worse than no explanation so would love to hear some real explanation on what are they planning to use those resources to improve the game experience
    While I'm sure you would love to glean some explanations, but how we allocate resources is proprietary. Sorry.
    AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett

Banned
    Good riddance! What a toxic place it was. No I still dont want to go out with you.

I can't think of another announcement more disappointing than this one for me. We recruit from global, period. I don't invite anyone without a discussion first. If the new recruitment method includes the ability to have a discussion and chat, then I will be pleasantly surprised, but that then is just another global so I suspect not. Without discussion this is a huge blow to recruiting. Even the good hint that there is an "October update" is overshadowed by my worry about this.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Will miss the global chat fun although nowadays it adds no real value - at least the chat servers I get connected to!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    That goes for us too. Any details on how the recruitment will be improved? Because just improving filters or recommendations is still very impersonal.
    Despite it's problems my clan has done fine recruiting mostly from global. The fact we passed 700 wins some months ago shows just how durable this method of recruitment has been.
    Very same experience here. 6 years+ of recruiting almost exclusively from global, never been banned from it, having made many friends (that I still remember now...), etc. Sad, to me, that SC choses the ‘easy’ path to fixing players behavior (that actually will remain in other ways of communication... Expect the end of clan chat, clan mail, clan profile? That’d be the next step into no moderation...

I’ll be also sad to see the chats with clanless players (aka loners) going away.

There’s some worries to have if the ‘finding a clan’ feature/concept is used to ‘recruit players’