Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reduce battle time please

Forum Legend
    So you want to nerf an attack you rarely ever see that never beats your base by reducing the timer?
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Centennial Club
    Omg I am not asking for nerf. If you need 3 full minutes for a BB base attack, by all means use it. Also it's a nerf for each and every troop as the timer affects everything.
    Last edited by Postal; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:07 PM.

Forum Legend
    My own attacks rarely go over 2 minutes. But sometimes like the posters above I’ve gotten triples with less than 10 seconds on the clock. At times like those, I’m happy for the 3 minute timer.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Klavious View Post
    My own attacks rarely go over 2 minutes. But sometimes like the posters above I’ve gotten triples with less than 10 seconds on the clock. At times like those, I’m happy for the 3 minute timer.
    I respect that and good point. That's what I'm here for to discuss and that's what forums are for. Please don't misunderstand that I'm asking for a nerf for archers , timer affects all troops , if I ask for a archer specific nerf I would've asked to reduce archer's special ability duration not for entire timer lol. Fine more people need 3 minutes and happy with it , I'm ok with it.

In any cases, a decreased timer would kill my army. I revolve a lot on opening Walls, setting up the main attack, then use a clean up squad. Basically a multi-stage attack. And with the addition of the Lava Launcher, it takes a whole lot longer because I have to wait for the pit to end so that my troops in the main attack do not suffee unecessary damage.

Forum Legend
    A reduction to Battle Time is certainly NOT needed, just to satisfy some players "need" to finish their 3 daily wins quicker.

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats

Quote Originally Posted by Postal View Post
    I don't really understand where you got the first part of your reply from my post. I don't recall asking for nerf or buff . I only mentioned about timer.
    The first part was meant as more of a joke - but a timer change would effectively be a nerf to the archers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexcrush View Post
    This is totally disgusting and disappointing TOO. Nothing new content, nothing new news. Gave a big DISLIKE

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    The first part was meant as more of a joke - but a timer change would effectively be a nerf to the archers.
    Actually, reducing battle time would be a buff to Archers as their cloak would last longer in relation to the battle time :-)

BUT, of course that's not the case.

A reduction of Battle Time would encourage people to revert to back to back spam attacks as THAT would be the only way to attack.

No armies would include DropShips, SuperPekka or anything else that moves at a slower rate to compensate for the extra strength the troop has. (Imagine how OP'ed the SuperPekka would be, if it moved and attacked at the speed of a raged Barbarian)

The troop and defense stats all take battle time into consideration, at some level and adjusting battle time is effectively a nerf to ALL troops, even the ones that move reasonably fast.

Also, there is a certain simplicity in keeping the battle timer and point system (3 stars: 1 for 50%, 1 for the hall, 1 for 100%) the same across the two parts of the game.

Anyhu .. a reduction of battle time would lead to spam attacks and though I spam DropMinions as well as the next guy, there are other strategies needed at the higher trophy levels.. and they take a bit more time to pull off.

Mass Archers, or any army that includes bombers or pekkas will use up the full battle time once in a while. Luckily, we are all bound by the exact same timer and we all have the exact same troops ..

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats

On the surface, a reduction of the time allowed in a PVP would have the same impact for all involved. In reality, there are a few attack strategies this would eliminate. This would significantly alter the game and require a reworking of the mechanics of certain troops to make them viable and may require a change to the defenses as well to have an appropriate balance between troop strengths, defense strength and the clock. I am confident that if needed, the SC could redesign the game around a shorter clock. I can't imagine how much effort in development this would take. Effort I'd personally rather see them use on other things than trimming down the clock in the builder base.