Thread: Math of the valley gems

Centennial Club

Math of the valley gems

I guess I have a "positive problem" for this valley season as I have 5 permits in the shop and all requiring each gem evenly. In addition, I'd like to buy the boat decoration from the special shop. So, I was wondering would I have enough gems for all of these and I created some kind of formula to calculate how many gems one can earn.

First variable, number of spins (x). I usually have 5 spins.
    0 sun points => x=1
    20 => x=2
    50 => x=3
    100 => x=4
    200 => x=5
    550 => x=6

Second variable, how many "free" building visits you can make per day by not moving at all (one in each 4 hour). So 6 is maximum, but for me it's 3 or 4. Let's say 4 for me and use letter (y) for this.

Then we have constants. 7.5 gas per spin in average (gs). Round 20 gems per building visit (gb). And perhaps the most difficult one, how many gas one uses per building visit. I'd say something between 2 and 3, depending if you are doing daily tasks etc. I'd say somethink like 2.3 for me (gv). Mostly 2 but there are times that I have to use 3.

So the formula would be:
    gs = gas per spin
    x = spins per day
    gv = gas per visit
    y = free visits
    gb = gems per building

((gs * x) / gv + y) x gb = gems per day
    ((7.5 * 5) / 2.3 + 4) x 20 = 406 gems in total or 135 of each gem.

If valley season is 21 days, then I should make some enough gems for my needs. But let's see.

Any comments?
    Last edited by zetis; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:01 AM.

SuperCell kindly thanks you for your effort and thinks we the player are earning way too many token. Nerf needed.
    /sarcasm off.
    I never (yet) earned all the token i "needed". Not by a mile two miles long.
    On a serious note, my usual limit is 200 sun threshold, except if i get carrots or wheat.
    Sun crops hamper my wheating for that day and missing up to 40ish extras per hour hurts.
    Last edited by BULIGO; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:22 PM.

zetis,

Your hypothesis are based on "not moving at all" and roughly "20 tokens per building", which I think is not the best way to maximize token, especially if you can reach 5 spins (thus plenty of fuel).

In my experience (lv 134, 5 spins most of the time as well, occasionnaly 6th):
    - buildings offer from 15 to 34 tokens, group task can go up to 40 tokens (token offers is a little higher this time)
    - by moving out of your current place, you unlock new order request from further building with a chance for higher token offer. Well, if you have fuel, why not using them ?

My approach to token problem is different. I calculate the total token needed, the average per day and keep track of how many I made each day. Therefore I can adjust the next day and still be sure to reach the goal without too much stress. My goal in Season 3 is 8200 (~372 tokens per day, 22 days of Season).

If I take some of your parameters:
    - 5 spins, 7.5 fuel per spin -> 37.5 fuel units
    - 372 tokens needed, 20 tokens per buildings, 2.3 fuel units per building -> 19 request to complete per day ; 43.7 fuel units
    - 372 tokens needed, 25 tokens per buildings, 2.3 fuel units per building -> 15 request to complete per day ; 34.5 fuel units
    - 372 tokens needed, 30 tokens per buildings, 2.3 fuel units per building -> 13 request to complete per day ; 29.9 fuel units

On average, I would need to complete between 13 to 19 requests per day, needing about 30 to 44 units.

As for to keep them evenly, I simply go full force in the first 10 days and will adjust later (being picky) on the rest of the Season.

Centennial Club
    Hi meonhoc,

I'm not saying that one shouldn't move at all, just saying that one get a "free" building every 4 hour that doesn't require any fuel. You can move as much as you want but when you stop, stop at a building and stop at least for 4 hours.

I still think that there are a lot of prizes of 15 or 16 tokens, but sure, I haven't made any real statistics. I usually think it's worth of trip if I get 10 tokens/fuel unit.

If you only look those high prizes, then you probably need to use 3 or 4 fuels more often.

-zetis/lvl167
    Last edited by zetis; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:45 PM.

Oh, Valley surely is fun at your level when there is crop task.

I'm sure you will get the items you wanted this Season. have fun!