Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Anyone else getting sick of cc hounds in every cc now??

Centennial Club

Anyone else getting sick of cc hounds in every cc now??

In hovering around 5500 trophies in legends and in cwl we are in champs 3... facing champs 2 and 3 clans in normal war mostly...

And every cc I mean every one... is now a cc hound .. itís been a week since I have seen anything other than a hound in cc now.. every war... top to bottom itís a hound.... every legends hit... its a hound..

#sigh

If it is getting to you, it is working as they intended? Lol...

In CWL M3, it is useless to put a hound in the cc as the majority of attackers use mass e drags.

I know some use a Lava Hound for defense as majority of other troops can be taken out fairly quickly with a strong Posion spell before those troops can cause real damage.

Using an air army will not trigger the Lava Hound to leave the Clan Castle. Something you can try if they are being a nuisance.

Centennial Club
    Firstly edrags arenít a great 3 star strat at th12... sure they can be effective but are very base dependant.

Itís not that itís annoying... is that itís becoming boring.. no need to scout cc in war anymore.. you know itís a hound.. can they cause issues with attacks? Sure... Iím not here to complain about that. Iím complaining that itís not good for the game. If everyone is pretty much using hounds for defense cc then there is clearly an issue with defensive cc balance.. either the hound offers too much or the other options donít offer enough.
    And comparing masters 3 to champs 3... itís night and day difference. Bases are far more complex in champs... attacks are much much better. In fact just the difference between masters 1 and champs 3 is very significant

Forum Legend
    If you KNOW the content of a CC, then prepare for it.

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats

Ppl also got sick when IG was the superhero among def. CC

Btw having Hound in CC (with Bdrag) is actually an advantage when you do sui lalo or hogs lol Hound becomes completely useless when u don't let it pop

as a queen walk miners attacker i dont care whats in cc. only in rare cases when there is a lot of dmg on queen AND cc is 3 witches it can slow her down and force second rage on healers. all the rest handled quickly and almost effortlessly.
    Leader of Drunken.Hog (#2C2GPL99) friendly fast growing clan.
    Some members have their kids here too, hope we are not too old
    Clan is open 2 days a week, visit us

Centennial Club
    Most people seem to miss the actual point of op which is that there is something wrong with balancing if only one cc option is found to be viable and is in most ccs. This is caused by a couple of things: aq charges and pekka smash being strong and used a lot and poison being too strong against weaker units.

They used to ve my most feared cc, now its meh.

Missing 2 witches with a poison, that gets old fast.
    Im actually tempted to try a golem now, mix it up and hope no drag attacks
    Come see me for seige machines: #28Y8QVG2V
    My sunscreen business is thriving since SC removed the clouds
    #​MAGA

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Realtruth View Post
    Firstly edrags aren’t a great 3 star strat at th12... sure they can be effective but are very base dependant.

It’s not that it’s annoying... is that it’s becoming boring.. no need to scout cc in war anymore.. you know it’s a hound.. can they cause issues with attacks? Sure... I’m not here to complain about that. I’m complaining that it’s not good for the game. If everyone is pretty much using hounds for defense cc then there is clearly an issue with defensive cc balance.. either the hound offers too much or the other options don’t offer enough.
    And comparing masters 3 to champs 3... it’s night and day difference. Bases are far more complex in champs... attacks are much much better. In fact just the difference between masters 1 and champs 3 is very significant
    In my experience, there are often these trends which keep rearing their head, basically for the most part I keep running into replica base designs for most of my attacks, it would seem to me that a fairly large proportion of the player base isn't all that good at coming up with something original of their own and would rather simply copy something that they think is good, because that's what everyone else is saying is the best. So it's not that there is an imbalance there is a perception that they are better.

The same applies to CC's, so this month it's hounds next month it's witches, then it'll be loons. Unfortunately this isn't even just the nature of the game, it's the nature of people.

Personally I don't think there is a best troop, or best design out there. The best chance you have at doing well is to surprise your attacker with something they weren't expecting. There is little room for recovery if things go horribly wrong, so mixing it up is preferable. The fact that people don't actually do what's best for them, well that's just human nature.