Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Anyone else getting sick of cc hounds in every cc now??

Quote Originally Posted by Darkpye View Post
    In my experience, there are often these trends which keep rearing their head, basically for the most part I keep running into replica base designs for most of my attacks, it would seem to me that a fairly large proportion of the player base isn't all that good at coming up with something original of their own and would rather simply copy something that they think is good, because that's what everyone else is saying is the best. So it's not that there is an imbalance there is a perception that they are better.

The same applies to CC's, so this month it's hounds next month it's witches, then it'll be loons. Unfortunately this isn't even just the nature of the game, it's the nature of people.

Personally I don't think there is a best troop, or best design out there. The best chance you have at doing well is to surprise your attacker with something they weren't expecting. There is little room for recovery if things go horribly wrong, so mixing it up is preferable. The fact that people don't actually do what's best for them, well that's just human nature.

I am recently guilty of copying a base that I face 3 or 4 times a day in low legends. I used to enjoy base building and was once proud of my original bases, that joy was lost for some reason when I hit th12, too many variables Iím not sure but now it just gives me a headache.
    Iím not inclined to put a hound in my cc though as I usually get attacked by air 50% of the time in low legends. Itís true mindlessly copy and paste isnít always the best option.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Realtruth View Post
    Firstly edrags aren’t a great 3 star strat at th12... sure they can be effective but are very base dependant.

It’s not that it’s annoying... is that it’s becoming boring.. no need to scout cc in war anymore.. you know it’s a hound.. can they cause issues with attacks? Sure... I’m not here to complain about that. I’m complaining that it’s not good for the game. If everyone is pretty much using hounds for defense cc then there is clearly an issue with defensive cc balance.. either the hound offers too much or the other options don’t offer enough.
    And comparing masters 3 to champs 3... it’s night and day difference. Bases are far more complex in champs... attacks are much much better. In fact just the difference between masters 1 and champs 3 is very significant
    Actually, it is more about the fact that at that level, almost all attacks start with a Quen charge, and hounds are the most effective way of slowing that down.

If there was morevariety in the start of attacks, you wouldn't find many hounds, because they are not that effective against anytbing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefenclog42 View Post
    I am recently guilty of copying a base that I face 3 or 4 times a day in low legends. I used to enjoy base building and was once proud of my original bases, that joy was lost for some reason when I hit th12, too many variables I’m not sure but now it just gives me a headache.
    I’m not inclined to put a hound in my cc though as I usually get attacked by air 50% of the time in low legends. It’s true mindlessly copy and paste isn’t always the best option.
    It's all about having fun, and if not having to think about what the best solution is, and simply using a generic tested design means you can get on with the part of the game you do like then power to you. And yes designing a TH12 base from the ground up can be a daunting task.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Actually, it is more about the fact that at that level, almost all attacks start with a Quen charge, and hounds are the most effective way of slowing that down.

If there was morevariety in the start of attacks, you wouldn't find many hounds, because they are not that effective against anytbing else.
    This. Hounds were popular before ice golems came onto the scene, and are again after the defensive ig nerf. It isnít new as itís always been the preferred method to slow a queen charge. As Ajax noted, drop below the very top level of play and hound laden ccs are a rarity. Hounds havenít changed, queen charges are just much more popular at that level.

TH12...level 242...65/65/40...gg 2 bil...ee 2 bil...hh 35 mil...atb 6032

While I use a lava hound in my CC, I don't recall the last time I went against one in my daily attacks (sitting around 5200 trophies). I'm typically seeing 2 drags, IG and Pekka, or Baby drag/witches.

I have experimented with different war CCs. I just find the the hound is the best for my current layout. As others have mentioned, it comes with risks though, specifically against certain types of attacks.

Everyone seems to carry a poison to each attack, so it makes a lot of alternatives useless. Maybe the poison is too strong?

OP You commented about a post about the same topic 4 weeks ago. Do we really need this brought up each month?

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by STRIKER44 View Post
    OP You commented about a post about the same topic 4 weeks ago. Do we really need this brought up each month?
    .. he still hasn't figured out how to prepare for all the Hounds he see in CC's all the time..

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats

Pro Member
    My clan is in Masters 1 and don't remember the last time I saw a hound...... but I wouldn't care about them (and I attack with ground troops)

Millennial Club
    I don't know the last time I saw a hound...but if I recall I laughed as it chased my hogs around the base. When you use hogs and air hounds don't really bother you.

One thing I find is that in Legends changing defensive CC requires an extra request. So I need to request my defensive CC troops, change my Legend defensive CC troops to use the new combination, then re-request for attacking CC again. This means that since my hound def cc is doing pretty good I don't see a need to change it up. Now if I could request new troops right from the Legend Defense tab and not mess up my attacking CC that'd make it easier to swap out and try more combinations. Maybe a quality of life change that could be added in the future.