Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: That evil eye...

Centennial Club
    I don't care about the eye in clan wars or CWL since these 2 play modes are meant to be team work, so I feel it is normal and legitimate that everyone can watch others attacks since the result will impact the whole clan.

Yet, I don't like at all to see the eye in multiplayer or BB, since those are solo game modes. In Multiplayer and especially when playing the BB (since it's more annoying), if I see that the opponent (or anyone else) is watching, I keep one archer of minion and let the clock run to the end of the 3-4 minutes. After all I didn't invite the guy to come and stare at my attack... If he insist in watching the show I cant guarantee him that it will not be a boring show. he is doing it without my permission and curiosity kills the cat ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by J4sonA View Post
    I don't care about the eye in clan wars or CWL since these 2 play modes are meant to be team work, so I feel it is normal and legitimate that everyone can watch others attacks since the result will impact the whole clan.

Yet, I don't like at all to see the eye in multiplayer or BB, since those are solo game modes. In Multiplayer and especially when playing the BB (since it's more annoying), if I see that the opponent (or anyone else) is watching, I keep one archer of minion and let the clock run to the end of the 3-4 minutes. After all I didn't invite the guy to come and stare at my attack... If he insist in watching the show I cant guarantee him that it will not be a boring show. he is doing it without my permission and curiosity kills the cat ;-)
    Lol, I am the opposite if I see the eye in BB I am quick to end the match because I feel guilty that I might be wasting someone’s boost. Win or lose doesn’t concern me because it all evens out at the end of the day

There are some interesting points being brought up. Personally, I do not enjoy seeing the eyes when I play. It is an unnecessary distraction, and can sometimes affect my game play. That is why I started this topic to have a better understanding of how others feel about it. I've always preferred the ability to make choices, so having the option to mute them seems reasonable to me. From some of the posts here, it seems that there is some form of interaction whenever there are spectators. Things like deliberately delaying an attack in BB (can be fun, can be annoying, depending on which spectrum you are at). The ability to add more interactions like tossing confetti while spectating can be fun too. More comments are welcomed if any.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    There are some interesting points being brought up. Personally, I do not enjoy seeing the eyes when I play. It is an unnecessary distraction, and can sometimes affect my game play. That is why I started this topic to have a better understanding of how others feel about it. I've always preferred the ability to make choices, so having the option to mute them seems reasonable to me. From some of the posts here, it seems that there is some form of interaction whenever there are spectators. Things like deliberately delaying an attack in BB (can be fun, can be annoying, depending on which spectrum you are at). The ability to add more interactions like tossing confetti while spectating can be fun too. More comments are welcomed if any.
    It is probably more to do with ones own confidence, ability, and self esteem.
    Good players, or anyone attacking a base they will smash, would love an audience.. We are social, yet competitive creatures after all.
    Those that simply dont care.. people that know its simply a game, will shrug it off.. They know it isnt a true reflection of their worth in society.

But then there are those that beat themselves up.. Those that blow a gasket over making mistakes.. or the ones that, try as they might, just cant quite get to grips with it.
    I used to load every device I had at my disposal if I saw those cross swords twitch for an oppo attack.. Nothing like an audience to make the nervous blow up.

As for me.. I shrug.. Love people to watch a tripple, but pre warn potential viewers if they are likely to be disappointed, although i did a war with a couple of the guys from around here couple of days ago, and even tho it was an easy 3, I did feel the nerves a bit on the first phase..
    Dont give a monkeys if the oppo watch.. I dont have to chat with them, and they have no idea whether or not I expected anything from the raid.

As for "extras".. No thx.. Returning to chat after the raid is enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    It is probably more to do with ones own confidence, ability, and self esteem.
    Good players, or anyone attacking a base they will smash, would love an audience.. We are social, yet competitive creatures after all.
    Those that simply dont care.. people that know its simply a game, will shrug it off.. They know it isnt a true reflection of their worth in society.

But then there are those that beat themselves up.. Those that blow a gasket over making mistakes.. or the ones that, try as they might, just cant quite get to grips with it.
    I used to load every device I had at my disposal if I saw those cross swords twitch for an oppo attack.. Nothing like an audience to make the nervous blow up.

As for me.. I shrug.. Love people to watch a tripple, but pre warn potential viewers if they are likely to be disappointed, although i did a war with a couple of the guys from around here couple of days ago, and even tho it was an easy 3, I did feel the nerves a bit on the first phase..
    Dont give a monkeys if the oppo watch.. I dont have to chat with them, and they have no idea whether or not I expected anything from the raid.

As for "extras".. No thx.. Returning to chat after the raid is enough for me.
    Simpler than that. I dont like distractions. Things that change on the screen, eye popping up, number of spectators changing, are a little flicker that catches my eye. The only things I want happening when I attack are things that are part of the base. Couldn't care less if someone is watching, just dont tell me during my attack.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

I don’t mind the eye as much as the anonymity of it. Obviously it shouldn’t invoke hard feelings if it’s a coc friend or clan mate per se, but I would be a huge fan if the names of the spectators were posted on the results screen when the raid is finished. If you wanna nose in on my business I’d like to know who you were...

Same I hate that its anonymous
    Last edited by KatanaMaster12; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    This, right here, is the problem. You know that it could potentially affect your opponent psychologically, so you do what you can to gain an advantage. There's nothing he could do, which a mute button would really help.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Simpler than that. I dont like distractions. Things that change on the screen, eye popping up, number of spectators changing, are a little flicker that catches my eye. The only things I want happening when I attack are things that are part of the base. Couldn't care less if someone is watching, just dont tell me during my attack.
    I'm with Piper on this. You can watch all you want, I don't need to know that you are watching.

Quote Originally Posted by TheClanimals View Post
    I don’t mind the eye as much as the anonymity of it. Obviously it shouldn’t invoke hard feelings if it’s a coc friend or clan mate per se, but I would be a huge fan if the names of the spectators were posted on the results screen when the raid is finished. If you wanna nose in on my business I’d like to know who you were...
    I like this idea lol... screen credits

Screen credits, haha. (:

When I first started playing I didn’t realize others could watch (war) attacks at all. I came back to tell people what happened and they were saying they knew and I kind of freaked out, lol. I’m used to it now and welcome feedback, so the fact that people are watching is fine.

Still, I personally wish the “eye” were gone, or at least able to be turned off. Sometimes it distracts me when it pops up and sometimes I can ignore it, but I know some of my clanmates get nervous. So even I sometimes sit there and wonder whether to watch a clanmate attack (especially if I get there partway through). Like...Have they put most of their troops down by now, can I peek, or should I wait for the replay. Without the visual popup, it wouldn’t be a problem.

I’ve read here of some clans (training clans, maybe?) using it to gauge how many clanmates are really paying attention to war attacks or whatever, so they probably actually use it somehow? (Aside from trying to intimidate opponents, lol.)

As with most things, an option whenever it’s available, is best.

The reactions like in CR and confetti? Heck no. I have a hard enough time seeing what is going where in a sea of activity in order to time troops and spells and enough distraction with the eye & numbers. I don’t need more added, thanks.

Also with the sensitivity of timing in Clash, anything added that takes up more space or might potentially cause lags and whatnot to the game wouldn’t be welcome. Idk whether that would be a problem with this or not, but it crossed my mind.

“They probably think we’re carefully planning attacks with our headphones and professional grade iPads. Then here we are talking about whatever this is.” —FEI

Pro Member
    Can’t say it bothers me but I know a few Clanmates who wait till nobody else is on to Attack