Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Whelp, just got back to 5k

  1. #1
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,164

    Whelp, just got back to 5k

    So I know we bring it up all the time, but I really wish they didn't drop us down to 4k each reset. It always takes me somewhere around 2-3 weeks to get back up to 5k. Got there yesterday on one account and will get there tomorrow on the other account. If they're going to force us to go through this each month, I wouldn't mind 8 attacks a day like we get in legends league so we could separate the skill levels more quickly.

  2. #2
    Forum Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Water Seems Safe
    Posts
    8,750
    There is no limit to the number of attacks you can do for trophies. There is only a limit to the number of attacks you can do for loot.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

  3. #3
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Klavious View Post
    There is no limit to the number of attacks you can do for trophies. There is only a limit to the number of attacks you can do for loot.
    I am aware of that. Gamemakers are also aware of the underlying psychology of grinding in games and how the potential for reward motivates people.

  4. #4
    Forum Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    9,838
    I think the skill (and dedication) levels separate quite nicely under the current system.

    I do seem to have noticed quite a few players above 5K, within the first days of the season, so having to spend 2-3 weeks on that climb is on you.

    /Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats

  5. #5
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    I think the skill (and dedication) levels separate quite nicely under the current system.

    I do seem to have noticed quite a few players above 5K, within the first days of the season, so having to spend 2-3 weeks on that climb is on you.

    /Affront

    I never claimed to be in the mix for a top player in the world. However, I was hovering around 200 in the US and 2500 for the world which seems pretty good to me. Assuming that accurately matches my skill level and that I never lost on purpose, then it does mean that I spent 2/3 of the month inappropriately ranked in an elo system (or 3/5ths I guess).

  6. #6
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,894
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgson View Post
    I am aware of that. Gamemakers are also aware of the underlying psychology of grinding in games and how the potential for reward motivates people.
    This is irrelevant. Nothing is stopping you from attacking 8 times a day. Or 16 times a day. This is just an excuse.

  7. #7
    Now that there are prestige trophies, it probably would help to think of it like I think of legends trophies: how many trophies am I adding to my total. I’m not losing trophies at the end of the month, I’m adding trophies to my profile total.

    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •