Thread: Proud to have achieved the 5 year milestone of a clan

KillerEliteUK, SniperEliteUK, VoodooEliteUK

Proud to have achieved the 5 year milestone of a clan

Just wanted to share what I consider to be a great achievement.

On September 18th 2014 I pressed the button and created a clan called KillerEliteUK and I am proud to stay the clan is still going strong. We now are a level 20 war clan currently residing in CWL Champs 3.

So much has changed in the 5 years and we have seen many players come and go but due to an ethos that is embedded within the clan we continue to evolve with the game.

When the clan was started clans had no level attached to them and was mainly based upon how you performed in war. These days it seems much harder to create a clan due to levels and players already having home clans.

I just wanted to share some of my thoughts regarding keeping a clan active.

A clan is about chatting.. A key to an active clan is the chatting.. it is imperative for a clan to communicate and have fun on chat. Chat should never just be a place to request troops! Over the years we have forged links with members and know who they are as people. Chat should be sharing real life stuff as well as in game activity!

Always say please and thank you.. Manners cost nothing! if someone is kind enough to donate you troops then a simple thanks in chat.

Encourage players to get better.. I always work to a rule.. "no one does a poor attack on purpose". The last thing anyone wants is criticism on chat after they have done a poor attack in war. They know they have performed badly and the last they need is the barrage of criticism. Find ways to support players, share strats, give ideas, and always say unlucky or well done.

Communicate effectively.. Members need to know whats going on so use emails effectively to let everyone know. we have discord but its very rarely used. we use in game chat for members and elders and the Co's communicate through messenger.

Progression in rank is open to everyone.. Be clear about what it takes to get promotions. People will be active, donate, get better if they can see what they need to do to get promotions. It is also worth mention that people can have rank removed if they become non active, especially at co level.

Keep an eye-out for leaches.. Never let donations get out of hand! players that continually request but never donate generally cause a lack of harmony in the clans. it will lead to people saying why should i bother.

Stamp out problems before they become issues.. Never let things stew and become a big issue for the clan. Hit these head on and show leadership.

Be all inclusive.. this was a big thing when CWL was introduced. lots of players across the game became unsettled as the clan they were in had lots of higher players and concerns were raised about CWL involvement. We said from day 1 that every member (every level) would have a place in CWL if they wanted it. This has meant typically 3 cwl's every season across our 3 clans.

Decide on what the clans direction is.. What do you want the clan to be and remember to evolve with the game.

Be brave.. make big decisions and focus on whats right for the clan. if this means kicking players and even co's and it is needed then it has to be done.

Longevity.. have players that stay and support the clan. Give them the above and they will stay. We have players that have been with us for over 4 years and i would say 60-70% have been with us for around 2-3 years.

Take an interest in people.. Ask how people are, how was work/school.. did you have a good weekend etc...

I could keep typing but above is my first brain dump!

Anyway.. what do others feel make a strong and active clan.

Thanks to all members of KillerEliteUK.. past and present for making the clashing so much fun..

Congrats! Your headings are a sign of a great leader. Hopefully, others will practice them as well. Great advice and continued success!
    Thank you TerMinus for the awesome Sig!

Belgium, a beautiful town. Here, you can find the best Fries, chocolate, beer and waffles ever!
    Our clan (not mine), Icedogs At War just became 5 years old too🙂.

Yes, it's a great achievement, congrats!

Congrats guys. It is indeed a great achievement!
    Keep going 👏🏻👍🏻

Congrats OP ....

Want a Forum Signature? or Forum Avatar? or want a Christmas themed Signature or Avatar
    *Click here-> GFX Shop TerMinus Prime*
    GFX group| Clan | Forum achievements

Congrats! That is a recipe for a successful and long lasting clan right there. We are also into our 5th year... CoC is probably the longest game I've played.

My clan hit the 5 year mark this month too. I joined about 5 years ago today, give or take a day or two. Clan had been running strong two weeks before my arrival as a th4. I agree with every thing you say and we operate in much the same way you do. The only thing I would add is be yourself and encourage others to do the same. In most ways our clan convo is similar to what I would expect out of a group of my buddies bending elbows at the local pub. Helps me to get over the fact that I do not get to bend elbows at the local pub nearly enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    If they could implement a family clan feature, allowing movement between2 clans without the leave and get accepted system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    We WOULD like to create some kind of "social network" to provide support systems to Clan families. It's been something on the discussion table before, but hasn't really moved beyond that.

Congrats H, Killer Elite sounds like a great clan, and 5 years is a fantastic achievement!

South West is nearly 7, about as old as my daughter!!! Scary stuff!

Good luck to you!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 16 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : Early TH12.

If only I had that kind of patience lol

Just a lowly th11 who really wants them to be leaders?

Im super proud to boast this awesome pic! Thanks TullSadum for signing me up and DragonX101 for the sig pic!