Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: [Obstacles] Respawn rate and the maximum

[Obstacles] Respawn rate and the maximum

Hi clashers,

I have 2 questions regarding to the obstacles: one is about the obstacles' respawn rate, and the other one is related to the maximum number of obstacles.

According to the wiki page [1]:
    Code:
    1. Your village can have a maximum of 45 obstacles at one time. Gem Box or holiday themed obstacles do not count toward this limit.
    2. Vegetation respawns at a rate of one item per eight hours.
    I would like to ask:

1. Maximum of 45 obstacles here, count toward just the main village, or the total of obstacles in both villages?

2. New obstacle respawns each 8 hours. Does it mean, each 8 hours, an obstacle respawns in either each village or we have 2 distinct respawn circles (each is 8 hours) in 2 villages?

Thank you,
    Mięu.

[1] https://clashofclans.fandom.com/wiki/Obstacles
    Last edited by longpham211; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:38 AM.

Down the road, over the hill, across the lake, through the forest, under da sea, in a Whirlpool ^_^
    1. The 45 limit is just for the main village. Note holiday obstacles allow you to go over 45, but whilst you are over 45 no more standard obstacles will respawn.
    2. Its 1 per 8 hours for the main village. If you are online, it won't spawn until the next 8 hours hits. So the more active you are the less obstacles you get. I do not know what the spawn rate is for BB unfortunately.
    Stalk me on Instagram @Clash.With.Realm (100k+ followers)

level 300 - 31m dark - 45k unbreakable - 13
    k infernos - 26k xbows
    7k eagles - 101/102 achievements - 1.5b spoils - 3.7k stars - Full Stats
    »

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    1. The 45 limit is just for the main village. Note holiday obstacles allow you to go over 45, but whilst you are over 45 no more standard obstacles will respawn.
    2. Its 1 per 8 hours for the main village. If you are online, it won't spawn until the next 8 hours hits. So the more active you are the less obstacles you get. I do not know what the spawn rate is for BB unfortunately.
    I don't belive the second part to be correct, many times in the past I have been online raiding and have had an obstacle spawn while I was online.
    Level: 256 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5376 | Donations: 1.26 million | Hero Levels: 170
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by longpham211 View Post
    Hi clashers,

I have 2 questions regarding to the obstacles: one is about the obstacles' respawn rate, and the other one is related to the maximum number of obstacles.

According to the wiki page [1]:
    Code:
    1. Your village can have a maximum of 45 obstacles at one time. Gem Box or holiday themed obstacles do not count toward this limit.
    2. Vegetation respawns at a rate of one item per eight hours.
    I would like to ask:

1. Maximum of 45 obstacles here, count toward just the main village, or the total of obstacles in both villages?

2. New obstacle respawns each 8 hours. Does it mean, each 8 hours, an obstacle respawns in either each village or we have 2 distinct respawn circles (each is 8 hours) in 2 villages?

Thank you,
    Mięu.

[1] https://clashofclans.fandom.com/wiki/Obstacles
    Technically, the wiki is wrong. Gem boxes and special obstacles do count towards the limit, it just doesn't apply to them. So if you have 45 Main base obstacles IN TOTAL, no more normal ones can spawn, but gem boxes and specials still can.

Main vilkage and Builder base are completely separate so far as obstacles are concerned, I'm not sure whether the limit and spawn rate for BB are the same as for Main Village.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Pro Member
    1 obstacle per 8 hours is not entirely accurate. I have 30 “large trees” and I only spawn 1 obstacle a day on the main village.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronjs View Post
    1 obstacle per 8 hours is not entirely accurate. I have 30 “large trees” and I only spawn 1 obstacle a day on the main village.
    Theres a “spawn instance” and not a guaranteed spawn every 8 hours and if there’s not enough space on the chosen spot then the obstacle will not spawn and will try again later.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Down the road, over the hill, across the lake, through the forest, under da sea, in a Whirlpool ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    I don't belive the second part to be correct, many times in the past I have been online raiding and have had an obstacle spawn while I was online.
    If you are raiding another base this counts as being 'offline' - and during that an obstacle can spawn so its possible after a raid coming back to main base to find a new obstacle.
    Last edited by stevo; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:16 PM.
    Stalk me on Instagram @Clash.With.Realm (100k+ followers)

level 300 - 31m dark - 45k unbreakable - 13
    k infernos - 26k xbows
    7k eagles - 101/102 achievements - 1.5b spoils - 3.7k stars - Full Stats
    »

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    If you are raiding another base this counts as being 'offline' - and during that an obstacle can spawn so its possible after a raid coming back to main base to find a new obstacle.
    Yep, that’s happened to me plenty of times too

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Theres a “spawn instance” and not a guaranteed spawn every 8 hours and if there’s not enough space on the chosen spot then the obstacle will not spawn and will try again later.
    This doesn’t make sense to me. Obstacles won’t spawn where they can’t, but there is literally nothing restricting a 2x2 obstacle from spawning on the edge besides it being full. I don’t have any obstacles except the large trees so there is plenty opportunity for obstacles to spawn every 8 hours. The slowdown literally occurred the day I hit 30 large trees.