Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Engineered account -- advice wanted!

Engineered account -- advice wanted!

Hello everyone!

This is my third account, first is a maxed TH9 besides walls, troops and heroes, second is lost, and the third one I'm trying to engineer for war. I know this is going to get some hate, as I have done a little research and seen peoples opinions concerning this topic. I am looking for any and all advice concerning making an "engineered" account. I'm currently TH5 and I have everything including the Wiz tower and Mortar built, but level one. If I wanted to get to TH11, I know I need to max troops and heroes to provide the best offense, but what do you do to keep your weight down, and still be somewhat protected so you don't constantly lose all your loot.

Thanks in advance,
    JakeTheGrate
    TROLL CAPTAIN & SUPERCELL FANBOY CLUB PRESIDENT
    Account #1
    : Town Hall 9 / LVL 100 GG: 207M EE: 237M HH: 515K Top Trophies: 2379
    Account #2: Town Hall 5 / LVL 19 GG: 894kEE: 1.06M HH: ---K
    Top Trophies: 761
    Both accounts are in Bruins Hockey

Forum Legend
    Engineering was severely nerfed with the release of TH12 as you need to plant all buildings at L1 to upgrade to the next TH. It's believed that a large chuck of the weight of each building is in the planting of such building. But only SC knows for sure.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Of course, and I've done a little research and seen a few threads with people upset over having to place all of the buildings, I just wanted some general advice on how to go about making one. Lol

Edit: Would you max out the defenses, such as EA and Inferno or just leave them as level one?
    Last edited by JakeTheGrate; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:55 PM.
    Account #1

Forum Veteran
    head over to the Clan Wars area, there are lots of decent folks there who will help answer your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    head over to the Clan Wars area, there are lots of decent folks there who will help answer your questions.
    Would you happen to know what sub forum it would need to go in there?
    Account #1

Forum Veteran
    Basically, if u want to engineer, forget about high offense low def thing, it has been totally killed.

max heroes, selected troops and spell upgrade, while maxing all def and walls in a balance built is the right engineering way
    Last edited by samratulangi; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:02 AM.
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...LPP80/members/

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

Where is it going to be, TH wise, relative to other accounts in your clan? If it’s going to be a TH11 of whatever weight in a sea of 10s-7s then it will be the top account and you won’t want it in war. If it’s going to be in the lower half of the war roster then it’s ok.
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    Part of Sheepdogs - woof!
    TH11 - LOJY8UUP9

Forum Elder
    Max what you need, neglect what you dont.. Both for troops and defences. dont drop unnecessary defences till you are ready for the jump. Also, dont unlock any troops unless you need them.
    Idea is to carry as little weight as possible, so big defences also dont get placed until you are ready to jump.

But base engineering is pretty limited, so as a stand alone wont achieve much.
    But a few manicured, along with the right roster, and you wont be at a disadvantage too often..
    Grow the heroes.. Same as with any build type, heroes make the difference (not so important with mass troop spam type raids)..

Quote Originally Posted by Quali View Post
    Where is it going to be, TH wise, relative to other accounts in your clan? If it’s going to be a TH11 of whatever weight in a sea of 10s-7s then it will be the top account and you won’t want it in war. If it’s going to be in the lower half of the war roster then it’s ok.
    Id like it to be a Th11. Our ways usually range from th9-12.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Max what you need, neglect what you dont.. Both for troops and defences. dont drop unnecessary defences till you are ready for the jump. Also, dont unlock any troops unless you need them.
    Idea is to carry as little weight as possible, so big defences also dont get placed until you are ready to jump.

But base engineering is pretty limited, so as a stand alone wont achieve much.
    But a few manicured, along with the right roster, and you wont be at a disadvantage too often..
    Grow the heroes.. Same as with any build type, heroes make the difference (not so important with mass troop spam type raids)..
    I guess I don't exactly know what you mean by jump. Are you referring to upgrading to the next th? And why wouldnt you max barracks for each th? I get not upgrading certain ones to save weight.

Thanks everyone for the awesome info!

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTheGrate View Post
    And why wouldnt you max barracks for each th? I get not upgrading certain ones to save weight.

Thanks everyone for the awesome info!
    Well for example I have a th10 that stops at healers for elixir barracks and goes to witches for dark barracks. I don't need more than that for healer/witch type attacks. The idea is to reduce offensive weight, whether it works or not, I don't know. Sam, who posted above, could answer that better than I can.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.