Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The Legend trophy system -- can it be improved?

The Legend trophy system -- can it be improved?

I really don't know how I feel about the Legend trophy system. Yes, I love the rework and the fact that the annoying clouds are now gone. But I do not like that it is pretty much impossible to progress in trophies beyond a certain point. What I have noticed about me and my clan mates is that, during the first few days of the season, we reach a certain trophy count (5200 trophies, or 5300, or 5400, something like that) and then... stagnation! We make no further progress.

I fully understand that this is how the current trophy system works: as I climb trophies, I compete against better attackers who average more trophies per day, so once their average matches my average, trophy equilibrium is achieved. My complaint is that this equilibrium is too close to 5000 trophies for most players.

So, I started considering options that would reward other aspects of skillful attacking. These would be bonus trophies a player could earn by exhibiting extraordinary skill in some sense, and would be awarded to a player without being deducted from another player. This would allow for more steady trophy progress.

For example, let us assume that you do all of your 8 attacks for the day and you consistently get 2 stars in each one of them. The game could reward you for being a consistently good attacker, and give you 20 (or 30, or 40...) extra trophies at the end of the day. Even better, if you get 3 stars in each attack, you would get an even higher bonus, say 100 trophies.

On the flip side, you should be rewarded for being a consistent defender too. Say that all of your 8 defenses yielded no more than 1 stars each. Again, you deserve a reward of, say, 100 points (I believe defense rewards should be higher, as this is much harder to achieve than score 2 stars in each of your 8 attacks).

Similar rewards can also be awarded per attack. Did you get a 70% 2 star or higher without using a hero? You get 5 extra trophies for each hero not used. Did you not use any spells at all? You get 15 extra trophies for that.

So I hope you see what I am trying to suggest here. Such bonus trophies will allow players to climb the trophy ladder easier, and skillful players will, of course, climb faster.
    CoC: Co-Leader in war clan Greece #JJ2C28G. Always recruiting Greek-speaking warriors!
    CR: Elder in Greece elite #28P09JY
    BB: Member in Greece #GVQRY2

I agree. LL right now is awesome. The only thing that I wish it would be changed was to make it possible for us averge players to reach 6k while current players who are at 6k could reach 7k. Once I reach 5400, I can't climb anymore
    Last edited by DrinCoC; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:58 AM.
    Drin | Reddit Zulu

Forum Veteran
    Why should an average player get more trophys than average?
    I used to be sarcastic when I was younger ...... Now it turned to solid cynicism.

Quote Originally Posted by MiCra View Post
    Why should an average player get more trophys than average?
    An average player would still get the average number of trophies, except that this average number of trophies would now move slightly higher, and hopefully keep moving higher throughout the season.
    CoC: Co-Leader in war clan Greece #JJ2C28G. Always recruiting Greek-speaking warriors!
    CR: Elder in Greece elite #28P09JY
    BB: Member in Greece #GVQRY2

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrakakis View Post
    An average player would still get the average number of trophies, except that this average number of trophies would now move slightly higher, and hopefully keep moving higher throughout the season.
    What should be the point in it?
    We have a world wide competition. The top 10 is over 6000, 5800 will be good for the top 200, with 5300 you are just around the top 100 000 today. So if you get 5800 as one of 100 000, where should the top 10 be? The number is completely pointless as long as it reflectes the level of skill.
    I used to be sarcastic when I was younger ...... Now it turned to solid cynicism.

I don't think that being 5400 or 5800 will make any difference for the players.For me the problem is that this system favours weak players who play with one army composition no matter what base they have to hit.In war they are almost useless , but here in the legens i see many of them go higher than skilled players.

Quote Originally Posted by Misho12 View Post
    I don't think that being 5400 or 5800 will make any difference for the players.For me the problem is that this system favours weak players who play with one army composition no matter what base they have to hit.In war they are almost useless , but here in the legens i see many of them go higher than skilled players.
    I myself have concluded, after years on these forums, that many use the term "skilled" to mean "what I myself do and support", and "unskilled" to mean "what others do which I do not support".

Yes "skill" can be applied to "give them a Swiss Army Knife (multiple armies to select from) and see if they have the skill to select the best one for the particular job" . But, "skill" can also be applied to "give them one tool to use (one army) and see if they have the skill to figure out how to use it under all conditions". (Like the show Naked and Afraid. The contestants can take only one item with them).

So may I ask you, when someone hits you in Legends, how do you know what they use for their war attacks??? Like you, they had to select some army in advance, correct? So like you also probably do, they select an army that offers greater trophies on average.
    Last edited by rowman; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:20 PM.

Forum Veteran
    You can add all the bonuses you like but it wont make a difference. All you would be doing is making the average number slightly higher. it wont change the ranking of anyone 8n the world. Why does it matter if the average is 5300 or 5800? What purpose does changing it higher or lower have for you aside from being something you would like?

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #9

So I hope you see what I am trying to suggest here. Such bonus trophies will allow players to climb the trophy ladder easier, and skillful players will, of course, climb faster.
    I think the "benefit" of your proposal is justavryslightly better "feelgood factor". You still all finish up at an equilibrium point which will be very similar in relation to other players.

And it is exceedingly complex for such a small benefit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)