Thread: View battle log in legends

View battle log in legends

What are the chances of being able to view the battle log of your clan mates in legends? Would be nice to know your true position throughout the day. As it stands we have to wait until the start of a new day to see a glimpse of our new position.

You can always ask them if you're so curious. They are your clanmates, probably gonna tell ya?

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughterer View Post
    What are the chances of being able to view the battle log of your clan mates in legends? Would be nice to know your true position throughout the day. As it stands we have to wait until the start of a new day to see a glimpse of our new position.
    I think there are none.

Forum Veteran
    Looks a bit like Stalkerer
    I used to be sarcastic when I was younger ...... Now it turned to solid cynicism.

Quote Originally Posted by MyH4oBG View Post
    You can always ask them if you're so curious. They are your clanmates, probably gonna tell ya?
    I’m sure they would tell me, but we don’t want to fill up chat asking each other how we are getting on throughout the day.

Forum Veteran
    Why would filling your chat with discussion that shows either genuine concern for others or good hearted rivalry not be a good thing for chat? To me, that would reflect a vibrant, active clan and since you are chatting anyways, this would include other non LL related items to be discussed.
    Last edited by Tosti111; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:59 PM.

I get it. You are in friendly competition with others whom are also within Legends. Like any competition, we want to know at all times during the "race" how we stand against the other competitors.

But the question then becomes, what should be forced public, as opposed to be able to remain private? Why single out Legends? If the community agrees that my own Battle Log should be made public, why not all Attack and Defend Logs, regardless of Trophy Tier?

As for myself, I have no desire for them opening the logs up, I vote keep them private. In reality in that respect the new Legends is like the old. In the old, I too could only see what trophies you have at some moment. It did not tell me where you would be at when the day ended, nor at seasons end. Was the person shielded and not intending to attack anymore today? Are they planning to boost and do a final hour push? All guesses under the old unless you asked the player themselves. Same as today.

If you are in a friendly competition, does the number of attacks remaining for the others even matter? I assume that your own goal is to maximize your own net gain for they day. If you had one attack remaining for the day, and you saw they had 2 remaining, what would you do differently?

How I equate the current Legends .... to a multi stage road rally. Each day of the season is a leg, or stage. Each leg has a staggered start, 15 minutes apart. One contestant goes, next 15 minutes later, and so on. At the end of each day, you have no idea how you did, or where you stand overall until the very last contestant checks in at the days end. All you can do is achieve your best possible score each day, blind to the competition, and hope you did well enough.
    Last edited by rowman; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    I get it. You are in friendly competition with others whom are also within Legends. Like any competition, we want to know at all times during the "race" how we stand against the other competitors.

But the question then becomes, what should be forced public, as opposed to be able to remain private? Why single out Legends? If the community agrees that my own Battle Log should be made public, why not all Attack and Defend Logs, regardless of Trophy Tier?

As for myself, I have no desire for them opening the logs up, I vote keep them private. In reality in that respect the new Legends is like the old. In the old, I too could only see what trophies you have at some moment. It did not tell me where you would be at when the day ended, nor at seasons end. Was the person shielded and not intending to attack anymore today? Are they planning to boost and do a final hour push? All guesses under the old unless you asked the player themselves. Same as today.

If you are in a friendly competition, does the number of attacks remaining for the others even matter? I assume that your own goal is to maximize your own net gain for they day. If you had one attack remaining for the day, and you saw they had 2 remaining, what would you do differently?

How I equate the current Legends .... to a multi stage road rally. Each day of the season is a leg, or stage. Each leg has a staggered start, 15 minutes apart. One contestant goes, next 15 minutes later, and so on. At the end of each day, you have no idea how you did, or where you stand overall until the very last contestant checks in at the days end. All you can do is achieve your best possible score each day, blind to the competition, and hope you did well enough.
    I see your point but by the same token, golf is a game with a staggered start with players starting at different times throughout the day. Would you rather have a leader board displayed with everybody’s standings on it, or would you rather just find out who won at the end of the day? It wont make you play golf any better, but which would you prefer?

As it stands in legends you have no idea how their game is going, are they strong or weak in defence? Are they strong or weak in attack, no one has a clue. Most sports and games give you loads of statistics, wise people tend to copy the tactics of the players with the best statistics, in the hope of becoming as good as them.
    I’d prefer more stats on players rather than keeping it secret squirrels.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughterer View Post
    I see your point but by the same token, golf is a game with a staggered start with players starting at different times throughout the day. Would you rather have a leader board displayed with everybody’s standings on it, or would you rather just find out who won at the end of the day? It wont make you play golf any better, but which would you prefer?

As it stands in legends you have no idea how their game is going, are they strong or weak in defence? Are they strong or weak in attack, no one has a clue. Most sports and games give you loads of statistics, wise people tend to copy the tactics of the players with the best statistics, in the hope of becoming as good as them.
    I’d prefer more stats on players rather than keeping it secret squirrels.
    It all depends on how we each decide to equate it. As I noted, I myself see each particular day as a "stage" in a month long tounament, as a checkpoint in a rally race. So in my own mind, each day is "one hole of golf" equivalent. I will see your results for a particular hole after you finish that particular hole.

We often use analogies to convey ideas. But in reality, Clash is an enity in own right, neither a golf match nor a rally race. So it all comes down to what we each feel should be shown. I am content with a daily checkpoint, each and every day I get feedback to how I am progressing in a 4 week race, one of 28 checkpoints to tell me how I am faring against the opposition so far.
    Last edited by rowman; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:01 PM.