Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: gold/silver pass, CWL and heros dont mix

gold/silver pass, CWL and heros dont mix

a recurring issue (at least for my clan its annoying) is the fact that right after gold/silver pass ends and you have all that lovely wonderful achingly sweet dark elixir witch is perfect for enjoying a little dark elixir smoothie with your heros... so your just about to hit the upgrade button when u see your suddenly in CWL!!! like seriously supercell? cant u give us at least a week or two to upgrade heros before launching cwl at us? it be very helpful....seriously!!! how am i supposed to enjoy that dark elixir smoothie!!!😭😭😭

Centennial Club
    Plan around it... that's why I don't have that problem.

Forum Elder
    yeah mate. It is a problem many are facing.
    Season pass lasts a month, and runs concurrent with the calendar.
    CWL is planned to fit in with ESL, and the world Championships, which makes running it first week of the month.

The timing of the season bank isnt great, but obviously cant be maximised unless a book was held back.. That is the usual copy and paste answer nowadays to these threads..
    The reality of this, of course, is that you would need to suspend using that book in order for it to be at hand for the overflow.. Even if you had the resources at hand to use it earlier.

So, I guess, think of the season pass, with its goodies and discounts, as the main meal.. And just consume as much of that smoothie as you can..
    It is a bonus, so what you cant use simply goes back into the economy.. I have my doubts anything is going to change any time soon.. Everybody is in the same boat, so management decisions need to be made on the players part.

Your frustration is one of self infliction.

The schedule is known the entire time and isn't changing.

In fact it's actually to Supercell's advantage that it remain the way it is currently.

Level 18
    - 9,363/18,500| Master I
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 206] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by jduncan1234 View Post
    how am i supposed to enjoy that dark elixir smoothie!!!
    Well...for example with a hero book? Every month, there is a BoH in the silver pass as a bonus. It is also quite common to have a BoH in CG, which are nearly at the end of month.
    Just...donīt use those items randomly and instead save them for occasions like this.
    Itīs not that hard, really.

Quote Originally Posted by jduncan1234 View Post
    a recurring issue (at least for my clan its annoying) is the fact that right after gold/silver pass ends and you have all that lovely wonderful achingly sweet dark elixir witch is perfect for enjoying a little dark elixir smoothie with your heros... so your just about to hit the upgrade button when u see your suddenly in CWL!!! like seriously supercell? cant u give us at least a week or two to upgrade heros before launching cwl at us? it be very helpful....seriously!!! how am i supposed to enjoy that dark elixir smoothie!!!😭😭😭

You need to plan in advance. Clash of clans is a strategy game. That involves planning and setting priorities to maximise your progression.

There are numerous ways you can obtain a book of hero:
    - Silver pass
    - Hero hunting event coming up
    - Special offer - There is an offer for 2 books (But hurry the offer will end in 5 hours!)

Centennial Club R3stl3SSW4rr1or's Avatar
    Do it like me. Don't give. I loot as much as I can - I am full of dark constantly. When I get a book - I level my heroes (now I just got 10 levels of king to do for TH11 before I go up to TH12).

And for all the "plan around" and "it's not hard really": How can you not be full of dark? One or two days after I use 200'000 dark I'm full again...
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:30 AM.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by R3stl3SSW4rr1or View Post
    And for all the "plan around" and "it's not hard really": How can you not be full of dark? One or two days after I use 200'000 dark I'm full again...
    Man, I need your DE storage which fills itself in one day!

Anyway, not everyone does 20-40 attacks or so per day. (Assuming you get 5k DE from every single attack)
    I call it a good day when I get five attacks in.

Sure, if the OP does x attacks per day, there is no way for him to skip upgrade times as his book storage wonīt keep up even if he buys all special offers containing BoH.

If he plays more casually, it is easy to plan for it. The same goes for his clanmates. I highly doubt that everyone from his clan loots 3 - 6M DE every month.

Centennial Club R3stl3SSW4rr1or's Avatar
    I tend to exaggerate

I calculated it. I need 7 days to fill it with dark. But I would say I'm just that slow because I don't need dark for the moment. My average dark per raid is about 4k, I choose bases with high gold and lix - not dark. If I'd change that I will be faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    If he plays more casually, it is easy to plan for it. The same goes for his clanmates. I highly doubt that everyone from his clan loots 3 - 6M DE every month.

Forum Legend
    Upgrade heroes naturally the week before CWL. Save the last book of heroes from Gold/Silver tract and use it Day 1 of the new month before CWL
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.