Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: gold/silver pass, CWL and heros dont mix

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    Well...for example with a hero book? Every month, there is a BoH in the silver pass as a bonus. It is also quite common to have a BoH in CG, which are nearly at the end of month.
    Just...don´t use those items randomly and instead save them for occasions like this.
    It´s not that hard, really.
    The problem with describing all the hero books available is that they are not available at the right time.

You can store only one book of heroes at a time. One. If three books were available from gold pass, CG, events etc. You can still never have more than one in the bank when that mass of DE drops.

And the only way to store it is not to use it. I finished 3 silver passes yesterday, and collected a BoH on each. As I was sitting on 240k DE, I used it immediately on all 3 accounts. The suggestion that sitting on a book and max DE for two weeks is good "resource management" is absurd.

If you use the book when you get it, you can spend your DE down before receiving the lump sum of DE from season bank. If you "save" the book by not using it and sitting on 240k DE, you now have 490k DE, and still just one book. You can now spend the same 240k that you could have spent one to two weeks prior, and have the same season bank sitting there.

This is not resource management.

Darian has said only that because CWL comes once a month, it must start on the first. I find this line of logic to be non sequitur. If CWL started on the 20th of every month, it would still fall once a month. You could move CG to the first and the whole schedule would be much friendlier from a QoL point of view.

ESL? The 20th is ten days earlier than the 1st, which provides MORE time for teams to arrange passports, visas and travel.

But this is all theory. Let's talk real world for a second. In a week I will ask my clan to vote on CWL. 30v or 15v. They will vote 30v for max medals. Then when CWL starts, 3 to 5 people will post "Opting out to upgrade King (or Queen) for first five wars. Will be available for wars 6 an 7." And I will manage around the missing players with weaker town halls and engineered fillers.
    I truly believe the recruitment tool will improve over time. Please read my posts on this topic not as complaints, but as a polite request for improvement. Often I include a suggestion, or an observation of an existing function that could make the tool function.
    Before we throw the baby out with the bath, I would like to remind you that recruiting in global was no picnic either. Mostly hoppers, very few serious players.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    And the only way to store it is not to use it. I finished 3 silver passes yesterday, and collected a BoH on each. As I was sitting on 240k DE, I used it immediately on all 3 accounts. The suggestion that sitting on a book and max DE for two weeks is good "resource management" is absurd.
    Why did you use all your BoH when you clearly had a builder available? You could empty your storage and save your BoH at the same time. There are no major events coming up, which would require all of your heroes to be up. At least not in the rest of September.

Look, I also love to use these items instantly. I hate when my Q (Thankfully soon to be max) is down as I love Queen walks/charges. And of course, there will always be some inconvenience, because otherwise SC wouldn´t make any money.

However, you can ask yourself a question: Is it more inconvenient to not have your Q/BK/GW up during no-event days OR is it more inconvenient to not have them up during CWL?

And because my personal answer is the latter, I simply save up the last free book for this exact occasion.

Pro Member
    These threads are popping up every month now. Either save your books, buy a book, or plan to keep full storages. People don't plan to fail. They fail to plan.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #14
    <snip>
    This is not resource management.
    <snip>
    There are most certainly a lot of ways a player can manage their resources and with resource management I mean books, runes and such things are forms of resources as well. You’re also skipping a few steps here as to what players options are to juggle these resources.

Yes like you said you can only hold on to one book at a time however they don’t spoil, go bad or expire so indeed you can hold off on spending them a little while. That’s one side.
    You can also hold off on collecting the book from the seasonal rewards track so it doesn’t block your free spot. But make sure to collect it before the end of the month, however not collecting it until you must allows you to have flexibility for buying a BoH from the trader if you choose to or getting a BoH from another event in case there is one. Because with those books you often don’t have that much time to get and collect them.

You mentioned the seasonal bank pay out of 250k DE which is a gold pass perk. Regularly the gold pass offers a second BoH in the gold pass rewards. It may also include a Book of Fighting and or spells. DE can also be used in the lab for troop and spell upgrades. Anything is better then letting the DE waste away if you have uses for it. But with gold pass and all the rewards there is a bit more flexibility to actually spend that bankroll if planned for.

Clan games nowadays have moved towards the end of the month and end a few days before CWL. They often (yet not always) have a BoH in the rewards which can be claimed usually just a few days before the SB is supposed to pay out.

So combining all these things and with thorough planning then there certainly is a lot a player can do to manage the spending of the SB resources. That being said the SB is only one of the many many rewards in a whole package that makes the gold pass.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

I feel your pain OP. Which is why we just don't take CWL as serious as our normal wars and allow hero upgrading during it. We don't have all th12s in our clan, so making a th 12 sit while upgrading hurts our defenses anyway. Yes the medals are nice, but alot of our matchs have been crazy, so we just said heck with it.

You can store only one book of heroes at a time. One. If three books were available from gold pass, CG, events etc. You can still never have more than one in the bank when that mass of DE drops.
    In a previous month, we received 2 BoH from the Gold Pass (one early, one at the end), then CG gave a BoH. There are 7 days to collect the CG rewards which overlapped the end of the season. I used BoH #1 just before the end of the season when I could afford a hero upgrade. Then I collected BoH #2, the season ended, I received 250 kDE from the bank, used BoH #2. Then I collected the BoH #3 from Clan Games and used it on the warden with the elixir from the season bank. So even though I can "store" only one BoH at a time, I was able to use 3 within a 24 hour period. Easy.

What!?! Why on earth would you use all the BoHs right now? You don't have to sit on books and max DE for 2 weeks!! Yes, I agree that would be absurd. Spend your max DE by putting your Heroes down and waiting out the upgrade time normally. Sit on your book to use after you collect your season bank and before you start CWL.

Like all of you we used to put heroes down for 7 days at a time. War once a week. Make your two attacks as soon as battle day started, then put the king to bed, knowing he would wake up during battle day next week.

Ah, nostalgia.

For purposes of this thread it might be useful to confine our discussion to the way the game is played today.
    I truly believe the recruitment tool will improve over time. Please read my posts on this topic not as complaints, but as a polite request for improvement. Often I include a suggestion, or an observation of an existing function that could make the tool function.
    Before we throw the baby out with the bath, I would like to remind you that recruiting in global was no picnic either. Mostly hoppers, very few serious players.

Like all of you we used to put heroes down for 7 days at a time. War once a week. Make your two attacks as soon as battle day started, then put the king to bed, knowing he would wake up during battle day next week.

Ah, nostalgia.

For purposes of this thread it might be useful to confine our discussion to the way the game is played today.
    That is still how many of us play the game. There arent enough books and hammers to do every upgrade. Discussing doing some upgrades the old fashioned way is valid for the current game.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Ah, nostalgia.

What would change then if CWL is moved to later in the month? Either in the middle of the month you put your heroes to sleep for a week "like old times" and save your book for CWL, or you move CWL to mid month and then put heroes down for a week after the season bank is collected. In each case you still have a time where you will have to wait for heroes.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #20

Ah, nostalgia.

Eh ?
    I very much did the last rounds on hero upgrades when books already were a thing and the last round we also had seasonal challenges and CWL for some of my hero upgrades.

My hero upgrades went a little slower because I don’t like to have heroes down. I used books on AQ only for the first time being and let king upgrade, I used gems I had stockpiled on buying an occasional book from the trader and yes I planned my free books properly.
    And that all within the game as it is today. That I did my first 40-50 odd levels before these things made it in the game is hardly relevant.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG