Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: gold/silver pass, CWL and heros dont mix

Quote Originally Posted by zank44 View Post
    What would change then if CWL is moved to later in the month? Either in the middle of the month you put your heroes to sleep for a week "like old times" and save your book for CWL, or you move CWL to mid month and then put heroes down for a week after the season bank is collected. In each case you still have a time where you will have to wait for heroes.
    Thank you for asking.

If the CWL fell in the middle of the month, it would also fall mid-season. There would be no deadline to collect your book from silver (or gold) pass or lose it forever, making it a real QoL improvement for players who want to play in CWL and upgrade heroes.

There would still be a DE dump on the first of each month but it is less stressful to do CG with a sleeping hero than CWL.

I have picked up some useful hints from this thread on some tactics people are using to cope, primarily delaying the collection of the CG rewards, buying a shield, and signing up late for CWL to get 3 day opportunity for the trader to come through with a book (two signup days and one prep day). These can mitigate, but not completely solve the problem.

I truly believe swapping CG and CWL could benefit the majority of the player pool. I believe it would not negatively affect any portion of the player pool.

My thanks to all who have weighed in on this, even those whose opinions differ from my own. I do read and respect you, and when you check other threads you will find we agree on far more topics than not.

I believe I have voiced my suggestion enough times, and I am anxious to hear other suggestions. I do believe we can improve the current situation.
    I truly believe the recruitment tool will improve over time. Please read my posts on this topic not as complaints, but as a polite request for improvement. Often I include a suggestion, or an observation of an existing function that could make the tool function.
    Before we throw the baby out with the bath, I would like to remind you that recruiting in global was no picnic either. Mostly hoppers, very few serious players.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    Thank you for asking.

If the CWL fell in the middle of the month, it would also fall mid-season. There would be no deadline to collect your book from silver (or gold) pass or lose it forever, making it a real QoL improvement for players who want to play in CWL and upgrade heroes.

There would still be a DE dump on the first of each month but it is less stressful to do CG with a sleeping hero than CWL.

I have picked up some useful hints from this thread on some tactics people are using to cope, primarily delaying the collection of the CG rewards, buying a shield, and signing up late for CWL to get 3 day opportunity for the trader to come through with a book (two signup days and one prep day). These can mitigate, but not completely solve the problem.

I truly believe swapping CG and CWL could benefit the majority of the player pool. I believe it would not negatively affect any portion of the player pool.

My thanks to all who have weighed in on this, even those whose opinions differ from my own. I do read and respect you, and when you check other threads you will find we agree on far more topics than not.

I believe I have voiced my suggestion enough times, and I am anxious to hear other suggestions. I do believe we can improve the current situation.
    I really dont see a significant difference. Either way I'd be planning when to use books to burn resources. Personally, I like the current cadence. It works well for me. It's not a problem that needs solving. I love the buzz from a big burst of upgrades at season end. But, we've both presented our position papers and I dont see either of us convincing the other. Maybe I'll change my mind when i switch the pass to my mini th9. Its cwl last resort base though, so not for a while at least.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

I use it in lab or with a side of BoH. Which is mighty conveniently located at the end of the river with the gold pass, and the only time your de will overflow is with the gold pass. IMAGINE.

Im super proud to boast this awesome pic! Thanks TullSadum for signing me up and DragonX101 for the sig pic!

Quote Originally Posted by Petgoat View Post
    You need to plan in advance. Clash of clans is a strategy game. That involves planning and setting priorities to maximise your progression.

There are numerous ways you can obtain a book of hero:
    - Silver pass
    - Hero hunting event coming up
    - Special offer - There is an offer for 2 books (But hurry the offer will end in 5 hours!)
    Also , the trader shop . The best 500 gems i get to spend .

Another thing , if you canít use your dark on heroís , use it on lab ... they are also equally important and take a lot of time and resources

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jduncan1234 View Post
    a recurring issue (at least for my clan its annoying) is the fact that right after gold/silver pass ends and you have all that lovely wonderful achingly sweet dark elixir witch is perfect for enjoying a little dark elixir smoothie with your heros... so your just about to hit the upgrade button when u see your suddenly in CWL!!! like seriously supercell? cant u give us at least a week or two to upgrade heros before launching cwl at us? it be very helpful....seriously!!! how am i supposed to enjoy that dark elixir smoothie!!!
    You are putting too much importance into Clan War and not enough importance int Clan War League.

Plan ahead and make sure that you have a Book of Heroes AND a Book of Fighting/Book of Spells at the start of each season.

Prefer Clan War League over Clan War .. the rewards are better and it will not hurt you to sit out of traditional war for a season or two.

People have this idea, that the heroes need to be upgraded one at the time, 5 levels at the time. This is one way of looking at it; I have another perspective.

If you are going to sit out of war anyway, why not try to put both Royals down for upgrades at the same time?

It is possible to get 3 hero levels done ON EACH HERO from the end of the CWL until the start of the next one, without spending books and gems. In fact, with the Gold Pass, it's even possible to squeeze in an additional hero level on each hero, if a few gems/medals are used on Builder Potions.

The cost, of course, is: no Clan War for you for a month .. but each of your heroes will be 4-5 levels stronger by the end of the month.

Don't spend a Book, unless you have enough resources to start the next upgrade. Book a DE troop, then start an Elixir troop upgrade. Book the Warden, then put the Queen down.. The use of a book is always part of a plan.

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats

Pro Member
    Planning is Everything

"Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell]"
    When we introduced the Clan War Leagues, we hadn't even started development on the Season Challenges yet. We knew early on that we wanted to War Leagues to start on the first day of every month, as it was easier to manage in our internal game calendar, especially so when we coordinated with ESL for their qualifiers leading up to the World Finals.

However, when we developed the Season Challenges, given that they last an entire calendar month, it's kind of unavoidable at this point as we're not likely to change the War Leagues start date. While the goal wasn't to leave you with resources you had to sit on and not use while the Leagues are running, we do put in Book of Heroes in order to help mitigate that overflow a bit.

One of the objectives with the Season Challenges was to allow players to carefully plan out how they utilized the items they received, whether they're on a Gold or Silver Pass.
    I read this in another thread, but I scratch my head... tens of thousands of players have to plan a workaround so that it is easier for SC to manage their internal game calendar. How about SC swap the dates and manage their internal game calendar so that tens of thousands of players can enjoy an easier time managing their resources?

Don't get me wrong, I manage my resources just fine. I'm just the kind of person... if 1 man taking 100 steps can save 100 men taking 1 step each, I prefer that 1 man to take 100 steps to save the inconvenience of the other 100 men.

Forum Elder
    the game is so easy to the point that i convert all items to gems. there is no real need to use them. i even spend all my league medals on decorations because i never needed those items on league shop..

you can probably upgrade 9 heroes at a time on 3 different accounts these days..

Save your hero book. This is not a game of instant gratification no matter how much easier SC makes it.

This isn't the first time this has been brought up and I am certain it won't be the last.

The issue has and always will be that players who fail to think ahead find that all of a sudden they are inconvenienced by the fact that they can't make the best use of the situation. This is despite the fact that all these things run on a fair, well advertised schedule. At any time you know exactly when the season will end, CWL is in the event calendar weeks in advance.

But it's always the same, after failing to do a little bit of planning up front the first resort is to come on the forums and complain that the game is broken and needs to be fixed.

Just because half your clan can't get it right doesn't make it any less PEBKAC.

It is astounding to see how the suggestions as to how, in opinion, it would be 'easier' if they moved it around to a different part of the month because of x,y,z. What makes anyone think that if they couldn't make it work under the current situation they would be any better at actually making it work under a different one. The truth is, there needs to be some self reflection. There are ways an means of dealing with the situation the way it is now, and there will be different ways and means of dealing with it if it's changed, but the same principles will always apply, so for me, I really don't care when it's going to end in relation to CWL just so long as I have fair warning.

There are genuine issues with the game, but this isn't one of them.