Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: [RANT] Remembering heroes status after upgrades

[RANT] Remembering heroes status after upgrades

I have my heroes always on sleep, because I wanna use them whenever I login. But for some stupid reason, this resets each time you upgrade them. So today, again, I log in to do some battles, just to find out, I gotta wait 30 minutes, because the status resets(Huh?!) and my heroes are down.

I shouldn't have to remember to set it each time, especially when there is 3 of them now. It shouldn't be that hard to code. Pls do it, because it's driving me nuts each time it happens.

Rant off, you can bash on me, but I think I'm not the only one with that attitude as I talked to my clanmates and they also gets annoyed each time.
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:16 PM.
    Level 130, TH9
    Max def, max lab
    Lego: 56,4% Lava: 43,6%
    BK21->22/AQ20 Top Trophy: 3213
    GG: 680M EE: 782M HH: 3M WAR HERO: 635

You know...In all the years I’ve been playing clash, I don't think I’ve ever ever set my hero's to sleep, not even once. I always wanted them to help defend my loot and now that I’m a maxed th12 in legends, I want them to help defend my trophies.

I get where you’re coming from though and it must be annoying. We’ll add this to the long list of things SC needs to fix, lol.

Git ‘er dun SuperCell!
    Leader of Alberta United #9YQYU0P2. Lv18, 709 fair play wins and counting...

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dayone View Post
    You know...In all the years I’ve been playing clash, I don't think I’ve ever ever set my hero's to sleep, not even once. I always wanted them to help defend my loot and now that I’m a maxed th12 in legends, I want them to help defend my trophies.
    You do know that in legends everything is active like a war base regardless of whether you put it to sleep, upgrade a building, or upgrade a hero.

I just get into a habit of remembering to put my heroes back to sleep after it finishes upgrading. It's easier to do with one account but try doing that with multiple accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by klimuszko View Post
    Pls, dear god, do it.

I have my heroes always on sleep, because I wanna use them whenever I login. But for some stupid reason, this resets each time you upgrade them. So today, again, I log in to do some battles, just to find out, I gotta wait 30 minutes, because the status resets(huh?!) and my heroes are down.

I shouldn't have to remember to set it each god damn time, especially when there is 3 of them now. It shouldn't be that hard to code. Pls do it, because it's driving me nuts each time it happens.

Rant off, you can bash on me, but I think I'm not the only one with that attitude as I talked to my clanmates and they also gets annoyed each time.
    No need to bash, but I don't see them adding this as a feature. How often do you check your game, once every couple days, because that should be the only way that your heroes are 'awake' without your knowledge? And as long as you have your notifications on, it will tell you when your hero is done being upgraded.
    Last edited by Ajax; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:40 PM.
    TROLL CAPTAIN & SUPERCELL FANBOY CLUB PRESIDENT
    Account #1
    : Town Hall 9 / LVL 100 GG: 207M EE: 237M HH: 515K Top Trophies: 2379
    Account #2: Town Hall 5 / LVL 19 GG: 894kEE: 1.06M HH: ---K
    Top Trophies: 761
    Both accounts are in Bruins Hockey

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeTheGrate View Post
    No need to bash, but I don't see them adding this as a feature. How often do you check your game, once every couple days, because that should be the only way that your heroes are 'awake' without your knowledge? And as long as you have your notifications on, it will tell you when your hero is done being upgraded.
    Replace "couple of days" with "couple of minutes" and maybe true, but not really even then, unless you are the type who really micromanage your account.

I would imagine that a VERY high proportion of those who normally keep their heroes asleep have found themselves swearing when they log on to attack and find they have to wait 30 minutes because they forgot to set them back to WHAT THEY HAD ALREADY SET THEM TO.

It has happened to me far too often
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Replace "couple of days" with "couple of minutes" and maybe true, but not really even then, unless you are the type who really micromanage your account.

I would imagine that a VERY high proportion of those who normally keep their heroes asleep have found themselves swearing when they log on to attack and find they have to wait 30 minutes because they forgot to set them back to WHAT THEY HAD ALREADY SET THEM TO.

It has happened to me far too often
    I usually keep mine asleep, and always forget after upgrading to put them back to sleep. It doesn't bother me either way, but I'm almost a maxed TH9 and just waiting on heroes and troops to upgrade before I move to TH10. I have a lot of down time. Lol
    TROLL CAPTAIN & SUPERCELL FANBOY CLUB PRESIDENT
    Account #1
    : Town Hall 9 / LVL 100 GG: 207M EE: 237M HH: 515K Top Trophies: 2379
    Account #2: Town Hall 5 / LVL 19 GG: 894kEE: 1.06M HH: ---K
    Top Trophies: 761
    Both accounts are in Bruins Hockey

Quote Originally Posted by klimuszko View Post
    Pls, dear god, do it.

I have my heroes always on sleep, because I wanna use them whenever I login. But for some stupid reason, this resets each time you upgrade them. So today, again, I log in to do some battles, just to find out, I gotta wait 30 minutes, because the status resets(Huh?!) and my heroes are down.

I shouldn't have to remember to set it each god damn time, especially when there is 3 of them now. It shouldn't be that hard to code. Pls do it, because it's driving me nuts each time it happens.

After 100 plus hero upgrades, you still forget the game mechanics and how it works? This is more of an operator error IMO.
    Level: 256 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5376 | Donations: 1.26 million | Hero Levels: 170
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    I actually support this idea, and I think it wouldn’t be that hard to implement.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    After 100 plus hero upgrades, you still forget the game mechanics and how it works? This is more of an operator error IMO.
    While I absolutely agree that a player certainly can prevent all of that and I’m usually all for planning around such things I actually do thing this is a smallish imperfection in the design and as such had this on my list of desired changes a long time.

I’m certainly in that swearing group which Ajax described earlier and logged on to heroes which were just killed a few minutes before because the upgrade finished and I usually keep mine on perma sleep. Of course when it does occur it’s always at the most inconvenient time and as heroes get higher and higher in level their regeneration time gets longer and longer as well. Luckily they don’t take as long now as they once did.

Just like my CC has been on perma sleep ever since that option became available. It just serves my erratic play times better to know I can just log on any time and my stuff is ready for an attack.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

It's the same rationale for having the CC troop sleep function. So if they can do that no reason why they can't add this also.