Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 68

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: ShenZhou and INTZ have won the wildcard vote!

  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    318
    I wish i could have voted at all

    But yeah, apparently my android device was too out-dated for this, i need a new phone

  2. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by GodlyMortal View Post
    “Other sports do it” is not an argument, it’s a fallacy. Every single team should have to earn their spot. Any system where popularity plays a role is inherently flawed.
    I'm not a fan of the voting method either, but Supercell announced 6 months ago that was the route they were taking. Any vote based on majority with over 2 choices is flawed anyways. It allows for an overall 3rd choice to be selected when the majority is split between 2 favorites, either of which would have crushed the 3rd choice if going head to head. Now, I'm not saying that happened here, but it can happen.

    Also, I'd rather see clans getting in that deserve to be there rather than being voted in. My argument is that INTZ does deserve to be there. Every clan had the same number of chances to make it to Poland. So INTZ making it there 4 times tells me they are consistent. Just because they didn't win a qualifier in Poland doesn't mean they don't deserve to be in Germany. They beat plenty of clans on their route to Poland and putting in a clan that hasn't performed as well as they have would seem wrong to me as I previously stated.

    Quote Originally Posted by zank44 View Post
    What other team would you put in for INTZ? I don't know of any other clan that had as good a showing as they did. They made it to Poland 4 times and were in the finals twice. That tells me they are consistantly good and deserve to be going to the world finals. I'm glad they are going over clans that never made it to Poland in the first place (they also failed to make it on their "own" merit as you say).

    And any clan that didn't make it to Poland isn't clutch from the comfort of their own home by that logic.
    To which you replied.

    Quote Originally Posted by GodlyMortal View Post
    Well I mean there’s a reason they’ve failed more times than any other clan: they simply are not good enough at this level of competition and that’s been shown time and time again. The idea of a wildcard (especially for a world championship) is dumb to begin with. Clans should have to earn their spot, not win a likeability contest or a popularity contest. I couldn’t care if everyone wanted a clan to go, if they aren’t good enough then they should not have a chance.
    So you're argument seems to me that the wildcards should be done away with for this competition. You say you want clans to go to Germany on their own merit. For sake of argument, which clan do you feel is more deserving than INTZ to be in Germany?

    I agree that it would have been nice to have 8 months of qualifiers, but that just didn't happen. First, 2 more months of qualifiers would mean the Germany finals would be happening in December. That means no major updates this year because of Supercell not wanting to interrupt the finals. Also, that means a 33% increase in expense (travel, lodging, streaming) to ESL (from 6 up to 8) which is a substantial increase. It'd also be a 33% increase to the qualifier payouts meaning a lower prize pool for the finals.

    Money aside, my understanding is there's more going on at ESL 1 than just Clash of Clans. If that's correct, then we're trying to make a certain date. And once all the details go hashed out there's only so many offline opportunities that could be created. Introducing wildcard participants is a better solution than just leaving the competition at 6 teams for the finals. I was greatly disappointed that one month only had 7 teams trying to qualify and wouldn't feel good about a finals with only 6 teams.

    So I think I'm mostly on the same page as you are. I'd prefer it if all 8 spots could have been filled with offline qualifiers. I'd prefer it if there wasn't a vote and instead there was a way to rank the teams that weren't able to qualify based on their performances. But in the system that we were given I'm glad that INTZ is going to Germany. In a game where sometimes 1 attack can be the difference (look at Tribe Gaming in the first month needing a triple in their last attack in war 1 just to make it to the best of 3 finals), a team that consistently made it to the qualifiers deserves a shot in the finals in my opinion.

  3. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by zank44 View Post

    Money aside, my understanding is there's more going on at ESL 1 than just Clash of Clans. If that's correct, then we're trying to make a certain date. And once all the details go hashed out there's only so many offline opportunities that could be created. Introducing wildcard participants is a better solution than just leaving the competition at 6 teams for the finals. I was greatly disappointed that one month only had 7 teams trying to qualify and wouldn't feel good about a finals with only 6 teams.
    There's gonna be a DOTA 2 tournament going on at ESL Hamburg.
    Clash is like a few hours in the morning and then DOTA all day after that.

  4. #54
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,164
    I don't like the vote-in for this. I'm not sure what the point is of having a supposedly merit-based system partially decided due to popularity. Lol, also a bit unfortunate for Tribe that they have to face the strongest of the wildcards due to the format.

  5. #55
    Congratulations and good luck to all clans participating in the wars. To make it more interesting, players should have to pull a wildcard before they attack. Wildcards would be attack with no heroes or no spells or use a certain troop set up. Then we could see who really is the best.

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by MACnificent View Post
    Congratulations and good luck to all clans participating in the wars. To make it more interesting, players should have to pull a wildcard before they attack. Wildcards would be attack with no heroes or no spells or use a certain troop set up. Then we could see who really is the best.
    But it would be best at attacking in a way we don't ever do any other time. I think it makes more sense to have them try to figure out which team is best at attacking similar to how we war now.

    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

  7. #57
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtom4prez View Post
    I think this vote shows the "serious" players demographics around the world.

    Most casual players don't even click on the News tab. I had to tell my clan there is a vote for any one to bother to look at the News tab.
    True I sent out clan mail telling everyone in my clan to vote for INTZ and where to go for it

  8. #58
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaSalmon View Post
    they should have had the wild card teams play off. this voting system was really lame and heavily effected by population. Also letting lower town halls vote meaning the largest population of players can create new acc for free votes. Shenzhou is easily the worst team in the world championship and will likely go out early. Intz congrats!!!🎉
    Had to be at least th8 or higher to vote

  9. #59
    Pro Member Electrifyingankur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    715
    Quote Originally Posted by DJluv2013 View Post
    Had to be at least th8 or higher to vote
    Agree. 10 agrees. Maybe they should think over this and carry out voting again 🤔considering robot accounts specially made in order to vote etc.
    Last edited by Electrifyingankur; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:05 AM.

  10. #60
    Millennial Club Call me H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    KillerEliteUK, SniperEliteUK, VoodooEliteUK
    Posts
    1,019
    That % is like a rigged election in a third world country.. very suspicious.....




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •