Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: ShenZhou and INTZ have won the wildcard vote!

Quote Originally Posted by Rst View Post
    If the competition was the clan that made the most visits to Poland then INTZ wins hands down.

If they were as good as you say, they would only have had to go once.
    The qualification rounds lasted for 6 months, to have even brackets you need 8 clans, how would you to propose to selected 2 more clans to round out the even brackets?
    Level: 256 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5376 | Donations: 1.26 million | Hero Levels: 170
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

Quote Originally Posted by zank44 View Post
    Wildcards are used in quite a few professional sports. They go to teams that couldn't quite win their division/conference, but have a better record than other teams that didn't win.

but they’re not voted in...... by getting voted in, it comes down to popularity nothing more......

SC should release how many votes were tallied in total

Join us for the biggest yearly event! Forum Elite, more info here

Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    but they’re not voted in...... by getting voted in, it comes down to popularity nothing more......

SC should release how many votes were tallied in total
    True, but people have been arguing that INTZ wasn't good enough to make it. I'm wondering which other clan has had as good a showing as they have and would be more deserving of a spot in Germany?

I agree the total number of votes would be nice to know.

Centennial Club
    INTZ nailed it but the percentage gap are high...Goodluck to SHENZHOU AND INTZ
    I cant wait for the FINAL...Clash On!!!!

I still don’t think shenzou got half the vote. They were first on the list so I imagine they got at least 37% of the vote just by people hitting them as first on the list. This is why government ballot papers are so carefully designed.

it would have been better to provide a random shuffle across the whole in game player base. That way it would have normalised the vote of those who got an opportunity but had payed no attention at all to the actual championship. It was also biased to actually publish the in game vote outcome as a progressive total.

For me, while they may have been as worthy as the others, shenzou is an absolute statistical outlier and should have been better managed.
    Last edited by Mynameisnotjimmy; September 17th, 2019 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynameisnotjimmy View Post
    I still don’t think shenzou got half the vote. They were first on the list so I imagine they got at least 37% of the vote just by people hitting them as first on the list. This is why government ballot papers are so carefully designed.

it would have been better to provide a random shuffle across the whole in game player base. That way it would have normalised the vote of those who got an opportunity but had payed no attention at all to the actual championship. It was also biased to actually publish the in game vote outcome as a progressive total.

For me, while they may have been as worthy as the others, shenzou is an absolute statistical outlier and should have been better managed.
    They were listed alphabetically on the first day of voting so with an S, they were actually pretty far down the list initially. They did surge to the 1st place on the 2nd day of voting and have maintained the lead ever since.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by zank44 View Post
    So your issue is there should either be only 6 teams going to Germany or there should have been 8 qualifiers?

Wildcards are used in quite a few professional sports. They go to teams that couldn't quite win their division/conference, but have a better record than other teams that didn't win. To me that fits INTZ perfectly. Sure they didn't win any individual qualifier, but they were their 4 times. Other clans that were trying to bet there either fell short of making it to Poland or weren't able to get there as many times.

I didn't vote for INTZ, but I'm happy to see them going to the finals. With all the backlash these wildcards are getting I will be rooting for them.

Edit: I wanted to add that there were 6 months of qualifiers. So any clan that didn't win one of these failed 6 times. So all clans were equal in this regard. Saying INTZ failed more just doesn't make sense.
    “Other sports do it” is not an argument, it’s a fallacy. Every single team should have to earn their spot. Any system where popularity plays a role is inherently flawed.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    The qualification rounds lasted for 6 months, to have even brackets you need 8 clans, how would you to propose to selected 2 more clans to round out the even brackets?
    Have 8 months of qualifiers.

Divide the qualifying rounds up so that 8 rounds can be played in 6 months.

Have the runners up from each qualifier go into a play off with each other so best 2 runner up teams get through.

Wild cards seem to be common in North American Sports but not so much elsewhere. I can see that it may make sense commercially to get the popular/ fan favourite teams in but I see it as watering down the competitive side to the tournament.

I think that teams that cannot win their division/ qualifier should not be put in just to make up the numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by kajid View Post
    Loot difficulty has gone up again today by 2.5% Why do they keep increasing the loot difficulty this makes the game not worth playing and before you all say there is more inactive bases and less active players it still shouldn't be a 2.5% increase in difficulty.

Millennial Club
    I've a post some times back where this 8 clan should battle each other for the last 2 spot this month
    Based in fact of performance from qualifier INTZ is the most deserve for wild card spot
    So in other words it's a crime for them if they don't get wild card ticket
    Thankfully they got it

At long last for a better discuss
    ESL set the rule for the first of this championship
    (.......)
    Hopes the rule get better for the next year

Quote Originally Posted by Rst View Post
    Have 8 months of qualifiers.

Divide the qualifying rounds up so that 8 rounds can be played in 6 months.

Have the runners up from each qualifier go into a play off with each other so best 2 runner up teams get through.

Wild cards seem to be common in North American Sports but not so much elsewhere. I can see that it may make sense commercially to get the popular/ fan favourite teams in but I see it as watering down the competitive side to the tournament.

I think that teams that cannot win their division/ qualifier should not be put in just to make up the numbers.
    8 months of qualifying would be the optimal solution, but now you need to factor in the cost and the extended time needed.
    Would 2 extra months cause interference with a possible major update? Did the budget for the tournament allow 2 extra months of travel expenses for 8 teams?

And this format does not take away the chance for any clans to get a seat in the finals, and if the wildcard clans are not skilled enough they will not win. It takes away nothing from those who earned a seat at the monthly qualifiers.
    Level: 256 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5376 | Donations: 1.26 million | Hero Levels: 170
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h