Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Walls upgrade with respect to possible price reduction

Question Walls upgrade with respect to possible price reduction

Hi,

On all my accounts i have many walls to upgrade and usually i am 2 lvls below max for my th lvl (lava on th12 and so on). Recently i started upgrading those a bit (since we all feel the smell of th13 in the air and i am sure it will come with a wall of its own)

The way i was upgrading walls so far was taking a wall and pushing it to max but now i had a frightening thought, what if they will half the price again?!?!?

Just to make you understand how painful it was for me last time: i finished upgrading all walls to lava for 4Mil each and literally 3 days after last wall piece was done they dropped its price to 2Mil. This was back in th10 days, since then i barely touched walls and now i am maxed th12 (except walls).

And here is the question:
    Assuming there will be reduction in wall prices (as i don't see how one wall can be even more expensive than 5Mil) will it be better to upgrade first the lowest lvl of walls one lvl at a time or continuing to upgrade each wall piece to max lvl as i do now and when done move to next wall piece.

Lets say i have 4Mil+5Mil to do for all walls, should i do all 4 Mil upgrades and then start all 5Mil upgrades?
    Leader of Drunken.Hog (#2C2GPL99) friendly fast growing clan.
    Some members have their kids here too, hope we are not too old
    Clan is open 2 days a week, visit us

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Given that we'd already given walls a massive discount last year (or was it 2017? I can't remember anymore), we're not ready to slash prices just yet. While I understand upgrading walls are a tedious process, it's also a necessary speedbump. That speedbump isn't just to stop players from maxing out too fast, it also slows you down enough in order to help you practice and get in the necessary skills to understand the game deeper.

If we feel that wall prices need to be reduced further, we'll do so.
    AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett

Forum Legend
    Upgrading walls is a long process, so crying over the fact that a reduction in price came 3 days after you finished makes no sense. You enjoyed your upgraded walls along the entire upgrade process, did you not?

As to "is it better to upgrade cheap walls than expensive ones" .. it doesn't matter. Walls should only be upgraded with excess resources anyway, so having several different wall levels to choose from, will give you some added flexibility. If you have 9 million you need to burn, it's mighty nice to have a 5 million wall and a 4 million one, right?

As to the assumption that walls can not be more expensive than 5 million... no, that assumption is flawed.

Many maxed out players (self included) would gladly pay 12 million per wall segment, with no additional benefits, just to be able to burn resources.

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats

Pro Member
    When things in “Real Life” Get Superseeded, the Lesser item is usually Reduced in Price - A Good Example is a Car..

Clash Just follows that logic.

I can’t see that changing anytime soon.

I’ve both Benefited & Been the Victim of this Previously - Such is Life
    Last edited by PabloB; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:05 AM.

Thanks for all the replies, i think i can hear the answer between the lines.
    Leader of Drunken.Hog (#2C2GPL99) friendly fast growing clan.
    Some members have their kids here too, hope we are not too old
    Clan is open 2 days a week, visit us

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragonD View Post
    Assuming there will be reduction in wall prices (as i don't see how one wall can be even more expensive than 5Mil) will it be better to upgrade first the lowest lvl of walls one lvl at a time or continuing to upgrade each wall piece to max lvl as i do now and when done move to next wall piece.

Lets say i have 4Mil+5Mil to do for all walls, should i do all 4 Mil upgrades and then start all 5Mil upgrades?
    Lol, somehow none actually addressed the op's question. It wasn't about demand of further reduction in price.

To OP, yes, it is better to upgrade first the lowest lvl of walls one lvl at a time or continuing to upgrade each wall piece to max lvl as u do now and when done move to next wall piece. I also do same wall piece to 40 and 50 both before moving to next wall piece, although not very strictly. So, u unless you have some OCD, keep doing what you are doing, in order to be at safe side.

Quote Originally Posted by raja1 View Post
    Lol, somehow none actually addressed the op's question. It wasn't about demand of further reduction in price.

To OP, yes, it is better to upgrade first the lowest lvl of walls one lvl at a time or continuing to upgrade each wall piece to max lvl as u do now and when done move to next wall piece. I also do same wall piece to 40 and 50 both before moving to next wall piece, although not very strictly. So, u unless you have some OCD, keep doing what you are doing, in order to be at safe side.
    Good catch and reply 👍🏻.
    OP never asked for wall price reduction but was just asking for a suggestion.

I am also a Th12 with some more lava walls to do.
    I don't have even one piece of maxed wall. I will just try to make all walls white then upgrade each to max level.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by raja1 View Post
    <snip>
    Except, I do actually address this part of OP's question with the correct answer: It doesn't matter + having several different levels gives you flexibility to spend more different amounts.

Having wall segments priced at 3,4,5 million will allow you to spend 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 million (on 1-3 segments)

Having wall segments priced at 5 million will allow you to spend 5 or 10 million.

So .. if you forget the "all levels must be the same"-OCD, you get much more flexibility.

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats

Pro Member
    Still searching for the hog rider in BB...
    OP, it depends on several different things, one of which is base design.
    I try to act on the principle of getting the most bang for my bucks as quickly as possible (or in this case defence for my bucks). So in general it means doing all the cheap walls quickly so I benefit from them while saving for the next level. The only exception I would make is for a ring base, or a base in which the inner walls defend something really important. In that case I might have several rings of different levels. The inner ring should be highest, which means that the attacking troops take even longer to get through the last defensive layer and can be hammered by the remaining defences. Doesn't always work, but it often does

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragonD View Post
    Hi,

On all my accounts i have many walls to upgrade and usually i am 2 lvls below max for my th lvl (lava on th12 and so on). Recently i started upgrading those a bit (since we all feel the smell of th13 in the air and i am sure it will come with a wall of its own)

The way i was upgrading walls so far was taking a wall and pushing it to max but now i had a frightening thought, what if they will half the price again?!?!?

Just to make you understand how painful it was for me last time: i finished upgrading all walls to lava for 4Mil each and literally 3 days after last wall piece was done they dropped its price to 2Mil. This was back in th10 days, since then i barely touched walls and now i am maxed th12 (except walls).

I think it is safe to assume that at some point in the future things will be reduced in price. As a general rule of thumb, things will be most expensive when they first come out. Upgrading all your walls to level 12 before starting the level 13 walls would generally be the best way to work that part of the system.

If your goal is to get the most bang for your buck defense wise, however, you may decide that some walls need more hit points than others in which case, even though you may in the end spend more on your walls, you could end up more effectively defending etc, so it's not a foregone conclusion that you should upgrade a certain way.

But as per your concern written about here, definitely doing all your walls 1 level at a time, would be the consistently logical method.