Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has the game become more... restrictive?

Has the game become more... restrictive?

I feel like newer updates are restricting the ways to play the game. They severely limit the challenging parts of it. For example, the nerf to engineering that happened a year ago with the Town Hall 12 update. The change itself was actually pretty good. But it really limits how much I could challenge the game. Other things like the Personal Break also limit how much you can grind in the game. I really feel like the game follows a single route without a lot of escapes from it. Do you find the game too restrictive?

Worship the 9 Titans
    (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgakis View Post
    I feel like newer updates are restricting the ways to play the game. They severely limit the challenging parts of it. For example, the nerf to engineering that happened a year ago with the Town Hall 12 update. The change itself was actually pretty good. But it really limits how much I could challenge the game. Other things like the Personal Break also limit how much you can grind in the game. I really feel like the game follows a single route without a lot of escapes from it. Do you find the game too restrictive?
    I guess I don't understand what you mean by restrictive. I wasn't around for the TH12 update, can you please expand on that. But, I do remember when the personal break was implemented, but I feel like it's a good idea and I have yet to hit it myself since returning.
    TROLL CAPTAIN & SUPERCELL FANBOY CLUB PRESIDENT
    Account #1
    : Town Hall 9 / LVL 100 GG: 207M EE: 237M HH: 515K Top Trophies: 2379
    Account #2: Town Hall 5 / LVL 19 GG: 894kEE: 1.06M HH: ---K
    Top Trophies: 761
    Both accounts are in Bruins Hockey

Pro Member
    No I dont. There are still lots of avenues to choose from and many ways to do it. War, cwl, farming, managing magical items, builder base, loads and loads of mini accounts. I have a main account, dono account, spies, rogues, and pawns. Lots of different ways to play the game.

I have a th3 account that I put a max valk in and see how many defenses it can win before having to replace it. The most so far is 7.

Still love to kill defending cc troops and leave the base without a shield sometimes too.

The Personal Break was implemented to prevent people staying online 24x7 in order to stay always shielded. (The Jorge Yao reign, for example). The PB may be annoying when it pops up, but not restrictive. All it ask is that if you have not been attacked and re-shielded 4 hours after your last shield, then take a break so that you can be attacked. How often is that? People tend only to notice it at all when either within Titans I (only because of having a 4 hour Guard post shield, which then exactly coincides with PB), or when in lower leagues as a high TH (because everyone next you, so you are never re-shielded to fully reset PB).

As far as "engineering" goes, well yes it was an added restriction, by requiring placement of defenses. But the game is full of such "retrictions". Have to up my storages before I can perform most expensive upgrades. I cannot have DE troops until I build a DE Barracks, cannot unlock new troops until I upgrade those Barracks. My Lab level is restricted by my TH level. Etc., etc., etc.. All they did was add another prerequisite into a game full of prerequisits.
    Last edited by rowman; September 17th, 2019 at 08:22 PM.

Honestly, I think the game has become less linear, and less restrictive. CWL has made strategic rushing a viable strategy, where before it really handicapped you. Even extreme rushing is possible, though difficult. If you don't want to play regular war, you can skip it for CWL. Or if you still want to engineer and be a hardcore war clan, you can skip CWL and war all the time. If you only want to farm, join FWA. Or, avoid wars if you like - the potions and magic items from clan games will help you progress faster than war loot ever did. Don't like clan games? Individual season challenges can give you rewards as well. Getting bored from the game? There's a whole side game available, just cross the lake (or river, or ocean, or whatever that body of water is).

When I first started, there was only raids and war (and some of you started before clan wars even existed). For farming, there was only loot and gems and one or two pathways to get either.

I disagree, OP, I think the game has become far more open.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexcrush View Post
    This is totally disgusting and disappointing TOO. Nothing new content, nothing new news. Gave a big DISLIKE

There are still paths to engineering, but you have to adapt.

I have toyed with the idea of starting a new base and keeping mortars and IT at level 1. It is a long path, and I don't have the patience right now. But someday I may max out a couple of accounts and need a new challenge.

Check back with me in 5 years. I will still be here.
    I truly believe the recruitment tool will improve over time. Please read my posts on this topic not as complaints, but as a polite request for improvement. Often I include a suggestion, or an observation of an existing function that could make the tool function.
    Before we throw the baby out with the bath, I would like to remind you that recruiting in global was no picnic either. Mostly hoppers, very few serious players.

Pro Member
    There will always be buffs and nerfs to the game for balancing like the double nerf to the bat spells. Despite all the changes you can still 3* max TH12 with skill and practice. Personal break has been around before TH12 was implemented and you're more likely to hit that chatting in global/clan chat than attacking for 4 hours without a 15 min break. None of these changes have limited my mini from farming over 146 million gold/elixir and 1 million DE this season. There is still 12d left and I can still farm 200-300 million without feeling restricted.
    Last edited by KrazyDawg; September 17th, 2019 at 09:29 PM.

I disagree, there are more ways to play than ever before, so it is less restrictive. As for the two examples you gave, I don't think either of those are evidence of what you indicate. The personal break that has existed a long time simply requires you to take a defense rather than sit online all day long. That is making it more challenging, not less, since prior to that players could have a device keep them online all day. As for engineering, it still happens successfully, just not as easily, so I'd say is more of a challenge now, not less.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

How about finishing every wall, every hero before upgrading, or do it without removing a single obstacle, or without spending a single gem (unless you’re required in the tutorial). I got a million of them!

Im super proud to boast this awesome pic! Thanks TullSadum for signing me up and DragonX101 for the sig pic!

No Iíd ont think of it being restrictive .

Everything that has been changed is done in the reason because that was never the way clash meant to play .

Townhall sniping - used to help people to push , without any skills and offer free shield to everyone

Engineering- used to affect war match making . It is still not better but hey , you canít find a th12 with no infernos and eagle .

Personal breaks - I donít know how they did it , but heard few players were online 24*7 making it impossible for them to lose loot or trophies . How would you ever attack a player or replace the top player who is never offline ?

Magic items - helps people progress faster and match people who have been playing for years now . Helps people who donít want to spend real money in game but still want to progress .

Gold pass / silver pass - provides for faster progression , gives tons of freebies , provides a mini game in coc universe .

Builder base - though people hate it , still itís a side game that I go to when my army is training.

Otto - helps people get a 6th builder .. again faster progression .

Clan games - another mini game that the whole clan gets to play . Builds team work . Faster progression , freebies

In game events - another mini game , freebies . Faster progression , new army training and tactics

CWL - Another clan building event , gives medals for buying magic items , helps progression , helps people master attacks to get the most out of it . Still gives maximum medals as soon as you reach 8 stars . Good for shuffling . Well balanced .

Explain to me ... how the game is restrictive compared to what it was few years back

Edit - I can go on and on . Am a very old player and remember the time when heroís were not used often due to long regen time , when training troops like golem and dragons were pain in *** .
    Last edited by Anvesh0611; September 18th, 2019 at 03:53 AM.