Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The real issue with golems is not their hitpoints or their dps

I’ve been using golems in place of giants while I have 3 barracks upgrading. The struggle is real....
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    Part of Sheepdogs - woof!
    TH11 - LOJY8UUP9

I've tried to work them into my troop mix to see if I could make them work, my consensus is that 2 Ice Golem > 1 Golem

They need a better ability. Possibly, kill off the useless 750 damage when destroyed on the main golem (face it - he is stuck on a 10,000 HP wall 99.9999% if the time he gets destroyed). Or keep it, but if targeting a wall, the damage is 15x - enough to break it on destruction). Or, add some level of wall breaking ability to to each golemite on destruction.

Or, some iteration of that to help an attack progress through a base. As other have mentioned, they are just entirely too slow and usually end up getting stuck somewhere in the base because other troops progress much quicker and continue to take out anything the golem/golemites are targeting before they can even get through the wall. Before you know it, you have a tank troop hitting a wall trying to get to a defense that is 2-3 compartments away now.

If the goal of this balance was to truly make less used troops more viable, than you actually have to make them more viable. Adding more HP does not make them more viable, when they become a useless tank stuck in the middle of a base.
    Last edited by Spartan1; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:45 PM.

As I see it, the golem is simply not worth the housing space. Other troops are more effective given the same amount of space. A 50% reduction of housing space would be a good start if the goal is to make them more useful.

Millennial Club
    At th12 with almost full map of building there's no place for golem at 30 hs with little damage
    At 25 hs pekka is still a better choice
    At 20 hs maybe I'll throw some time to practice with the big rock

i find them useful with KS hogs

| GFX Group |Clan| Forum achievements |
    |*Click here*If you want a cool forum signature|

Pro Member
    With the recent change Ive been useing golem And baby drag in cc for defence

Quote Originally Posted by Realtruth View Post
    Golems will steal healers almost every time. There is too much of a risk of this happening so this alone is enough not to use them
    I gave the shot because of the events and that is exactly what happened.
    Every single attack my Queen died because healers were stealled by golems and they end up hitting walls.

They lived till the end of the attack but all other troops were dead.
    SuperCell, an 2 stars attack company.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperR0ck View Post
    Every single attack my Queen died because healers were stealled by golems and they end up hitting walls.

This stopped me from using them long ago. Might find an isolated use for one now and then, but unless youíre running an old school gowipe or gowiwi, thereís usually better options. At 30 spaces per, just donít see it.

TH12...level 242...65/65/40...gg 2 bil...ee 2 bil...hh 35 mil...atb 6032

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperR0ck View Post

Why are you using a golem to tank for a troop that also has healers on it? This seems redundant.

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronjs View Post
    Why are you using a golem to tank for a troop that also has healers on it? This seems redundant.
    Ever tried QW?