Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bring Operation Blue Skies to Titan League

When you get to the root cause of clouds the situation is quite simple:
    There are too many folks willing to attack vs. too few villages being unshielded to be attacked.
    This means that the protection of 12 hours - meant to protect your resources or trophies - seems to be too long.
    SC took the way of pre-selecting the opponents and by that eliminating any delay for a search.
    But there is another option possible - which is a slight deviation:
    Take away the shield completely but do not allow to get attacked more than x times per day.
    And x is also used for limiting the number of attacks you are allowed to carry out.
    The idea behind is: When I expect others to be available for attacks, I also have to present my village to them.
    This value of x should be modifiable by the chief itself. A change of it would be allowed after a cooldown period of - let's say - 3 days.
    So the chief can decide to go into attacks more often but that bares the risk of being attacked by the same amount.
    And I think that this could also be rolled out for lower leagues as a chief can decide to go for that option.
    I would give it a try - maybe SC can simulate that on their development infrastructure.
    Last edited by NordPohl; September 16th, 2019 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maplebar View Post
    ...After 6 years of playing I finally went to Legends League in August after OBS started...
    This entire thread is based on the single premise that there are clouds in Titan I. There are no clouds for the vast majority of players, so there is no problem. (Check your devices and internet connection and/or change the times you attack.) The OP stated that they had not entered Legend until after OBS was implemented. That tells me that he/she doesn’t know what real clouds are and is proposing a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist.
    Last edited by LeethalForce; September 16th, 2019 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeethalForce View Post
    This entire thread is based on the single premise that there are clouds in Titan I. There are no clouds for the vast majority of players, so there is no problem. (Check your devices and internet connection and/or change the times you attack.) The OP stated that they had not entered Legend until after OBS was implemented. That tells me that he/she doesn’t know what real clouds are and is proposing a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist.
    Very true. The reason legend league even got OBS is because of the excessively long cloud times, building up to an entire day for a single attack, making clash about who has the most free time on their hands, making 3 year olds more likely to reach legends than someone who played clash since it came out, with a maxed base. In Titans the worst I heard of is 30 seconds. You cannot even microwave a hot dog in that time, it's THAT tiny compared to old legends. This is a problem that barely even exists, let alone needs an immediate drastic change to the battle system

Quote Originally Posted by LeethalForce View Post
    OP, if you’re seeing clouds in Titans, then change the time of your attacks. I’m Titan I in the 4700-4950 range and seeing only 1-15 seconds of clouds, which aren’t clouds at all.

If Titans is turned into an OBS League, then JusMe is correct....
    That is exactly what I love about OBS, I can attack anytime I want. It doesn't matter if other people have broken shield or are sleeping through the night on a 9 hour shield. There is no reason to time your attacks to lineup with an active guard. I just think it is a much better mechanic for attacking and matchmaking than current shield and guard system.

Reading some of the other comments I recognize that clouds are not bad in Titan's. I want to be playing my game not waiting while CoC is Searching and Supercell has demonstrated the new matchmaking option that is much better.

What I originally wanted was to choose 4 - 8 attacks per day, but I see that has already been ruled out. So my second thought is that bringing OBS to Titan's. Titan's always had some clouds it has actually gotten better since OBS because bases are not being taken by people in legends. There are some many bases available in Champions I really doubt this would bring clouds to that league.

There could be another option besides 8 attacks per day in Titan's league. At the start of every day each base in Titan's league becomes available for 1 defense. Each time you attack your base is added to the defense pool one more time. This way you can attack as much as you want.
    Last edited by maplebar; September 16th, 2019 at 09:33 PM.

That is exactly what I love about OBS, I can attack anytime I want. It doesn't matter if other people have broken shield or are sleeping through the night on a 9 hour shield. There is no reason to time your attacks to lineup with an active guard. I just think it is a much better mechanic for attacking and matchmaking than current shield and guard system.
    This was your initial premise: OBS is good but not 8 attacks. You can’t stay in LL because you can only do 2-4 attacks. So you go to Titans. Clouds are bad in Titans so you want to still do 2-4 attacks in Titans so you want Titans tailored to some sort of OBS.

Reading some of the other comments I recognize that clouds are not bad in Titan's.
    But now you realize that clouds aren’t bad in Titans so my question to you is, so why fix what isn’t broken?

Just because LL doesn’t work for you, you want to bring something similar to Titans that will work, so you propose a system that appears in first light to work on the basis that the fewer attacks people make in a day, the fewer defences they’ll have to face. I don’t think anyone needs a crystal ball to see that this isn’t going to make bases more available, and will open the game to potential abuse because a great defense and one or two attacks by great players will secure a base for the entire day. Some people would pay to have that.
    Last edited by LeethalForce; September 16th, 2019 at 11:11 PM.