Thread: Order of builder usage

Order of builder usage

Just unlocked otto. I moved master builder over to main. Started an upgrade which left me with one free. Started an upgrade with otto on bh. Noticed this left master builder Freetown float back and forth to clear obstacles on bh and do walls on main. My question is whether otto or master builder would be used first if both were in the builder base. Any ideas? And I guess this could be in bh forum but it impacts both bases if master builder is always last one chosen.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Just unlocked otto. I moved master builder over to main. Started an upgrade which left me with one free. Started an upgrade with otto on bh. Noticed this left master builder Freetown float back and forth to clear obstacles on bh and do walls on main. My question is whether otto or master builder would be used first if both were in the builder base. Any ideas? And I guess this could be in bh forum but it impacts both bases if master builder is always last one chosen.
    Otto is used before the master builder every time. If both the master builder and Otto are working on an upgrade in the builder base and Otto finishes first then Otto will take over the upgrade that the master builder is working on so that he is free to travel to the main village if need be.

Similarly in the main village if the master builder and the 5 normal builders are busy and one of your normal builders finishes first then that normal builder will take over the upgrade that the master builder was working on so that he is again free to travel between villages.

Long story short the master builder will only be upgrading something when every builder is also upgrading something in the village he is working in.
    Last edited by Phoenix1027; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:45 AM.
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH12 | BK 50 | AQ 52 | GW 20 |

In summary, the MB is lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by MacCoinnich View Post
    In summary, the MB is lazy.
    Perfectly said. He can only be bothered to upgrade something when everyone else is upgrading something.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    Otto is used before the master builder every time. If both the master builder and Otto are working on an upgrade in the builder base and Otto finishes first then Otto will take over the upgrade that the master builder is working on so that he is free to travel to the main village if need be.

Similarly in the main village if the master builder and the 5 normal builders are busy and one of your normal builders finishes first then that normal builder will take over the upgrade that the master builder was working on so that he is again free to travel between villages.

Long story short the master builder will only be upgrading something when every builder is also upgrading something in the village he is working in.
    Awesome. Thx!
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Awesome. Thx!
    No problem. For reference it can also be found under OTTO's clash of clans wiki page:

Last edited by Phoenix1027; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:15 AM.

Pro Member
    Still searching for the hog rider in BB...
    Perfectly normal, master builders have shown their diligence and have trained to the point that they allow others to do the hard physical stuff, while they supervise to make sure it is up to quality standards etc.

Standard business practice, or how many CEOs get on the factory floor to do the hard work when they have workers to do that?