Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legend league

Legend league

Give us a choice of using 2 armies when attacking,2 armies that we build for attacking.

Can we have multiple armies readily available?
    Not at this time. Part of the risk vs. reward in multiplayer is being able to deal with the Village that's in front of you using the troops you already have trained. This is a different kind of skill set from Clan Warring.

https://clashofclans.com/blog/news/f...-redesign.html

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by IceBird1 View Post
    Can we have multiple armies readily available?
    Not at this time. Part of the risk vs. reward in multiplayer is being able to deal with the Village that's in front of you using the troops you already have trained. This is a different kind of skill set from Clan Warring.

https://clashofclans.com/blog/news/f...-redesign.html
    Skill set? Haha. It's a c-r-a-p shoot.

Forum Veteran
    It must have some skill as the top players each month appear to be the same. That defies any random probability.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeman1969 View Post
    Skill set? Haha. It's a c-r-a-p shoot.
    There is definitely some luck involved in any individual attack, but over the course of a full season skill is a huge factor in determining how high someone can push in the new legends.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

The 2 army concept could be viable if the defender also selects 2 bases.

Base 1 - what the attacker is presented with when they show up with army 1

Attacker makes a decision on whether to carry on or switch.

Switch happens. The base, from the same defender, also switches to base 2.

The attacker has not seen base 2 before this, and cannot go back to base 1.

This would have the potential to increase the attack/strategy diversity in Legends. You are not trying to have 1 army to cover all eventualities. You could opt for an all purpose air/all purpose ground combo. You could opt for a specifically strong type of comp with a “fall back” comp in the event you pull a base it can’t work on.

As a way of having a 2 army strategy it is at least more balanced than 1 defending base/2 attacking armies suggestion that regularly gets floated. Admittedly my understanding of TH12 and Legends is entirely theoretical, but if this were a change to be looked at, then this feels a little fairer to both than the usual suggestion. I can’t say whether it is better than the current set up, as I don’t play there.
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    Part of Sheepdogs - woof!
    TH11 - LOJY8UUP9

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    It must have some skill as the top players each month appear to be the same. That defies any random probability.
    Understood, and I can accept that logic. But, with that same logic, how is having a choice between two favorite troop/spell combos going to hinder skilled attacking? Many of those top players are skilled at carving bases with the QW strategy with only a few seconds to scan. That's a small percentage of players compared to all the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeman1969 View Post
    Understood, and I can accept that logic. But, with that same logic, how is having a choice between two favorite troop/spell combos going to hinder skilled attacking? Many of those top players are skilled at carving bases with the QW strategy with only a few seconds to scan. That's a small percentage of players compared to all the others.
    I don't think anyone has argued it would be any less skilled, just that it is a slightly different skill than what is currently required.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Forum Superstar
    I think this is a good idea. If you second queued army is completely trained, allow a swap to it during the scout period.

Understood, legend league is meant to be different to war, where you make a carefully crafted custom army, but the complete inability to next, meaning that you MUST attack a random base is quite extreme. A choice of two armies seems quite reasonable.

In practice, it will often mean doing legend league with you two favorite armies, at each battle you use one, and at the end you re-train the one you just used.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quali View Post
    The 2 army concept could be viable if the defender also selects 2 bases.

Base 1 - what the attacker is presented with when they show up with army 1

Attacker makes a decision on whether to carry on or switch.

Switch happens. The base, from the same defender, also switches to base 2.

The attacker has not seen base 2 before this, and cannot go back to base 1.

This would have the potential to increase the attack/strategy diversity in Legends. You are not trying to have 1 army to cover all eventualities. You could opt for an all purpose air/all purpose ground combo. You could opt for a specifically strong type of comp with a ďfall backĒ comp in the event you pull a base it canít work on.

As a way of having a 2 army strategy it is at least more balanced than 1 defending base/2 attacking armies suggestion that regularly gets floated. Admittedly my understanding of TH12 and Legends is entirely theoretical, but if this were a change to be looked at, then this feels a little fairer to both than the usual suggestion. I canít say whether it is better than the current set up, as I donít play there.
    I don't see much merit in this, and it would be a major upheaval to the legend league game mechanics. Currently, you have eight bases pre-matched, and you get to attack each with no pre-view. If presented with a choice of two bases, this means you are previewing one of them. Would that mean that you would have to be pre-matched to 16, of which you get to choose which 8 to attack? That would be very different.