Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Youtubers Attacks vs My Attacks

Youtubers Attacks vs My Attacks

Is it just me or does this happen to anyone else? You watch some Youtube videos and see how calmly and easily they get 3 stars. You puff your chest out next war and do your first raid right away because you want to show off to your clan mates. Your confidence is sky-high...but then reality sets in. There is a reason you do not have a Youtube channel...

--

Youtuber
    : I'm going to do an archer-charge into this max TH12 base. I really want to make sure I get a lot of value with my single archer, so I will add a rage and perhaps one barbarian to tank. With all of these troops, I should be able to get the TH, EA, an IT and perhaps one of the AD. (1 minute later) 2 troops seem to be working in slow motion, yet they are perfectly deployed and take the exact path that was planned. They mow down a bunch of defense, while the Youtuber calmly discusses the ongoing attack and how well it is going. (2 minutes later) Oh wow look at that, I didn't even need to use my hero abilities. Those 2 troops got almost the entire base! I can't believe I just wrecked that base with my Barch attack! Swag 8 spells and watch the 3-star.

Me: I'm going to send my max-AQ, 5 healers, funnel with a mini-dragon/pekka AND BK, plus like 3 spells. Then I will pray that I get the TH. (1 minute later). Please please please get the TH. Come on AQ. HUZZZAH she got the TH. 2-star and 60%.

--

Youtuber: Oh my attack is going so badly, I will just secure a 2 star. (2 minutes later) Oh wow, I can't believe I 3-starred that max base! That attack looked like it was going nowhere but it still got 100%.

Me: Oh $***, my heroes are all dying and I forgot to drop the healers. SPAM SPAM SPAM virtually every troop and pray for 50%. Come on you stupid little archer, get that builder hut before the EA gets you. (5 seconds later... EA bombs the archer). 49% and 0-stars.

--

Youtuber: Let's just use a bunch of bat spells even though this base has all multi-ITs. Maybe 1 well-placed freeze. (30 seconds later). Look at that, it worked perfect. The bat spells avoided all the multi-ITs and got so much value! The rest of this base will be no problem to 3 star.

Me: Ok the base has all single-ITs, so maybe I can use bats. Oh ♥♥♥♥, they're going off in every direction. FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE the WTs. Dangit I missed my freeze! Hurry up AQ and get to that WT. (10 seconds later). Bats all dead from 1 WT blast. 1-star 53%.
    AQ65 (7/17/19) / BK65 (9/30/19) / GW40 (10/1/19)
    AQ40
    (7/17/15) / BK40 (1/4/16) / GW20 (6/13/16)
    30 Max Walls (10/31/19) / Level 12 Walls (10/25/19) / Magmas (6/18/19) / Lavas (12/19/15)
    [TH12 @ 6/1/19] [2.75 year break] [TH11 @ 3/21/16] [TH10 @ 4/19/15] [TH9 @ 8/9/14]

Reading that gave me a great laugh lol

We’ve all been there at some stage where the attack didn’t go as planned and you captured it rather accurately lol

Forum Veteran
    Very funny

I wonder how many failed attacks YTers make and then they only show us the attacks that are successful and plead naivety 😂

Banned
    I wish the attacks would go perfectly
    They never go correct.....
    Last edited by KatanaMaster12; September 15th, 2019 at 05:09 PM.

Sometimes it is just what they show and don't show. I remember back in the "miners are OP days" (I still say they were not), a famous youtuber was showing videos of 3 star attacks to prove how OP they were. He happened to attack my base too during that time frame, but elected not to show his fail.

Other times I watch actual live legends attack, like by Carbon Fin, and I realize how much more skilled he is than me.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

And when you watch the you tuber recapping the war of a 50 VS, 50 war, they highlight 3 out of 100 attacks, not mentioning the 3 star attack happens to be the 5th one on the selected base.
    Level: 256 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5376 | Donations: 1.26 million | Hero Levels: 170
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

This is so me. I see a vid of PekkaBoBat then I’m like, yeah let’s do this. Then I fail miserably. Or when u saw a hog rider vid. Rushed in like the YTer and failed. If only you could edit life.

Im super proud to boast this awesome pic! Thanks TullSadum for signing me up and DragonX101 for the sig pic!

Forum Elder
    YT has its place.
    When you see a discussion about x strat, at least you can type it into the search engine, watch a few replays, then follow the thread with basic knowledge.
    Other than that, much of it is smoke and mirrors.. Years of practice, plus a few hours editing.
    Great for gaining the actual idea behind a strat, as well as troop break downs, but take the result with a pinch of salt.
    Horses for courses seems to be the popular choice with strats (even tho I need several more horses)
    i have been well impressed with some live attacks tho, as 2222 said.

it would be equally valuable for them to show the fails and explain why they failed. but my guess is that doesn't generate views.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    it would be equally valuable for them to show the fails and explain why they failed. but my guess is that doesn't generate views.
    To be fair.. If a youtuber was to dedicate their channel to this, then I would subscribe to that one..
    There is far more to be learned from a fail than a stroll thru a base for the 3 star.. fails are more common, and is what leads to the frustration and loss of hope... If only someone could point out the mistakes properly, it would be gold.