Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: King of the Mountain Daily Tournament

King of the Mountain Daily Tournament

We have a month long legend league. We have a week long clan war league. Now it's time for the daily tournament!

First there is a menu where you opt into the daily tournament and you can only opt in once per day. In this game, you are placed in a pool of 512 random bases based on war weight for a single elimination tournament. When 512 slots fill up it starts. It's like a poker table, you have be online to play. When each round starts, you get 1 minute to scout and pick your army and cc. This goes on for 8 rounds so the tournament lasts 32 minutes max. But really, only the top 2 people play that long. Most people will get knocked out early and only have to play 1 to 2 rounds. The single person to win 8 battles in a row in your pool is the "King of the Mountain" for the next 24 hours. Maybe you get a 24 hr perk for being the king like a special badge. If everyone plays, only .2% of players will be king of the mountain.

It can even be tiered. So the next time they opt in, the people who finished King of the Mountain are pooled together for The Super King.

This is unique because it is fills a need for people that can't commit to season long tournaments but want to show their skill and CWL, tournament wise, is really only for clans filled with max TH12s. It is like a legend league you do own your own schedule but in a war format because you are able to scout and customize an army.

Of course there will need to be some special tie breaker rule if 2 people tie in a round. Maybe they play rock, paper, scissor to see who will advance.
    Last edited by LloydC; September 15th, 2019 at 05:03 AM.

This is a pretty cool concept. Though the way you describe it it sounds like there's no hero regeneration time and you have to use the same army for every attack?
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH12 | BK 56 | AQ 57 | GW 21 |

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    This is a pretty cool concept. Though the way you describe it it sounds like there's no hero regeneration time and you have to use the same army for every attack?
    I think he is talking about an army that has already been set for the attacks, like the practice armies.

I like the concept, but struggle with "based on war weight". War weight can be, and is, manipulated. Punch like a heavyweight, but weigh in as a featherweight. So I feel that with the current weighting algorithim, it would reward engineering. Nor do I believe it should be based upon TH level. That would punish for example a new TH 11 facing mature TH 11s.

So I struggle then, what would be a good, fair, and nonmalipuative matching algorithim?

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    I like the concept, but struggle with "based on war weight". War weight can be, and is, manipulated. Punch like a heavyweight, but weigh in as a featherweight. So I feel that with the current weighting algorithim, it would reward engineering. Nor do I believe it should be based upon TH level. That would punish for example a new TH 11 facing mature TH 11s.

So I struggle then, what would be a good, fair, and nonmalipuative matching algorithim?
    What about the common TH weighted matchmaking concept? Where the TH building itself has its own weight?
    Last edited by Phoenix1027; September 15th, 2019 at 04:00 PM.

What about the common TH weighted matchmaking concept? Where the TH building itself has its own weight?
    That indeed may resolve the issue, if I understand it correctly.

In wars, TH weight can skew the overall matching. But in the case of this suggestion, it impacts one, and only one base. So my concern is that you would not want an engineered 10, with max 10 offense, to be placed against 9s simply because they had equal defensive weighting.

So match by TH level, then further refine by weight? So an engineered 10 would be placed with other low-weight 10s (rather than with 9s) and the "heavy" 10s against each other?

Forum Elder
    i dont mind the concept but the minute that there is ANY matching at all the concept dies for me. We hear daily complaints on here about reg war matchmaking, BB matchmaking and funny enough, CWL matchmaking where there isnt any. Adding yet another thing for folks to complain ad nauseum about certainly makes it less appetizing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    i dont mind the concept but the minute that there is ANY matching at all the concept dies for me. We hear daily complaints on here about reg war matchmaking, BB matchmaking and funny enough, CWL matchmaking where there isnt any. Adding yet another thing for folks to complain ad nauseum about certainly makes it less appetizing IMO.
    Weighted matchmaking in regular wars: people complain about engineers.

No matchmaking at all in CWL: people complain about being outmatched

Matchmaking in multiplayer: people complain about being matched against higher TH levels

Matchmaking in builder base: people complain about being matched against higher BH levels

The reality is that no matter what there will NEVER be a perfect one size fits all matchmaker. There is always going to be lopsided matches. Saying that you don't want something because people will complain is just silly. You will never be able to appease everyone. It's just how it goes. We'll get complaints about some aspect of the game no matter what supercell tries to do to "fix" something. Any time supercell changes something there will always be those who love it because they had previously been disadvantaged, while others will despise it because they previously had been advantaged.
    Last edited by Phoenix1027; September 15th, 2019 at 05:41 PM.

Forum Elder
    Weighted matchmaking in regular wars: people complain about engineers.

No matchmaking at all in CWL: people complain about being outmatched

Matchmaking in multiplayer: people complain about being matched against higher TH levels

Matchmaking in builder base: people complain about being matched against higher BH levels

The reality is that no matter what there will NEVER be a perfect one size fits all matchmaker. There is always going to be lopsided matches. Saying that you don't want something because people will complain is just silly. You will never be able to appease everyone. It's just how it goes. We'll get complaints about some aspect of the game no matter what supercell tries to do to "fix" something. Any time supercell changes something there will always be those who love it because they had previously been disadvantaged, while others will despise it because they previously had been advantaged.
    I am fine with having what we already have, I just dont think adding something new that we already know causes a problem isnt the best thing SC could spend their time on. Perhaps they could add something that actually fixes some of the issues in the game first instead.

Great idea, but it would certainly merit further discussion. Of course, if Supercell does accept the idea, it’s up to them to decide how to change it to please all.

Also, the name “king of the mountain” should probably be changed to “hero of the mountain” to have it appeal to all genders.

Im super proud to boast this awesome pic! Thanks TullSadum for signing me up and DragonX101 for the sig pic!