Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan War League idea. Current system unfair...

  1. #21
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by mhosey4182 View Post
    Yes logically third is the conclusion. It should be based on wins and losses rather than Stars. If one clan IS better and beats all other opponents than it does show that they ARE better by logical conclusion.
    I disagree! We got more stars then them on every other team. Only reason they beat us is because they were TH9+ and we had 4 people out on vacation and had a Th6 a th7 and 2 th8s in our 30v30 lineup. So we had 4 people unable to pick up more then like 1 star but our other 26 hit harder then them. Only lost to them by 2 or 3 stars. Head to head is not always the best judgement on who's better imo.

  2. #22
    Not the point though. In about other competition you lose once you do not get first. Why should it be any different here.

  3. #23
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by mhosey4182 View Post
    Not the point though. In about other competition you lose once you do not get first. Why should it be any different here.
    I'm not assuming you are from the United States but in recent years in College football. Georgia beat Alabama in the Sec championship but Alabama won their playoff game and won the National Championship game. That doesnt mean they get 2nd just because Ga beat them that one time. Your way would only make sense if they did a bracket tournament for CWL instead of a Round Robin where everyone plays everyone

  4. #24
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bchs56 View Post
    I'm not assuming you are from the United States but in recent years in College football. Georgia beat Alabama in the Sec championship but Alabama won their playoff game and won the National Championship game. That doesnt mean they get 2nd just because Ga beat them that one time. Your way would only make sense if they did a bracket tournament for CWL instead of a Round Robin where everyone plays everyone
    My bad forgot to add Georgia lost their playoff game so didnt even make it to the championship but they beat the team that won the championship so does that mean they get 1st anyways??

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by mhosey4182 View Post
    This last month my clan and I won every single match in the War League but ended up taking second place to a team that we DID BEAT, but they tied us in Stars and had more Destruction. Destruction or not, it is unfair to be beat by a team that SHOULD NOT have been able to claim FIRST PLACE. I have screen shots to prove this. There should be a win/loss counter to decide this kind of situation. If TeamOne > Stars AND > Wins THEN FirstPlace = True kind of idea. Or just go to a total win/loss equation even. Perhaps brackets if you will. No undefeated team should be able to get second place regardless. I am considering making a video for YouTube as well.
    It isn't unfair at all. If u got a second place even with 7 wins, means the 1st clan overcame a 10 star disadvantage against your clan, and they had a better destruction, so that basically mean either your clan was lucky to win against them or they were unlucky against your clan. So it's totally RIGHT for them to get the first place since that can is stronger than yours and managed to get 10 stars more than your clan. The same thing happened to my clan in August, but that fact that u are salty about a second place doesn't implies that the game in unfair

  6. #26
    OP acknowledges "fair" wasn't the right word to use, but makes a good point about why he thinks it is flawed. He thinks it would be better if the team with the most wins took first place rather than the team with the most stars.

    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

  7. #27
    rowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    On a lenghty sabbatical
    Posts
    10,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Burba View Post
    .... So it's totally RIGHT for them to get the first place since that can is stronger than yours and managed to get 10 stars more than your clan. ...
    Strongly disagree with that particular statement for any competative endevor where there is both offense (how much we can score) and defense (how much we can stop you from scoring). Under the CWL system in place, offense is overvalued and rewarded over defense. As I noted before, it is "fair" since same applied to all, but in own view, not the best way it could be done.

    Research the 2000 Baltimore Ravens championship year. Very little offense, but they won games on great defense. I only have to score 10 points if I only allow others to score 3 when playing me. If the CWL system would have been used by the NFL that year, they would have never made it to the playoffs, much more the Superbowl. (The other teams racked up many more goals, or total "stars", while playing each other with lesser defense).
    Last edited by rowman; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:57 PM.

  8. #28
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,924
    "Fair", or not, I think total stars is the best way to go.

    If SC were to change to win/loss, I foresee a nontrivial number of clans taking their foot off the gas after they've achieved safety.

    Total stars keeps clans engaged to the end, or almost the end, of each campaign.

  9. #29
    Trainee Bobthegreat586's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    In a galaxy far far away
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Collusion is possible under all systems, correct? The current system allows for that, we know that, since they have had to take steps to identify win traders, and take action against them.

    But honestly, see no negatives myself if they changed it. Would not stop the collusion, but no system would (cheaters will always find a means to cheat). Do you see negatives that I may have not considered?

    I do believe though it would remove the incentive for win-win collusion taking place today between 2 teams. Currently if we both tie with a high star total, we both gained in the final standings (turned a tie into a virtual win for both sides), even if nobody won. In traditional models, such win-wins are not possible. One team must win, one must take a loss. If both tie after all tiebreakers used, they have a tie, not a win, recorded for the final standings.
    I agree completely this is a very fair system but ties are still possible so in the end the final tie breaker should be if you won against that clan I am not saying that should be right after war stars it should be stars destruction and then wining against ties team

    I just want to give a friendly reminder to read the stickies on the IFR sun-forum it makes it easier for us to review it. Also if you see your idea on the first page on that sub-forum please donít post it add to the already existing conversation

    thanks to terminus prime for my sig pic

  10. #30
    Okay then from what Bob had said I think in the case of tied stars it should not be destruction that declares the winner, but yes an added head-to-head match. Destruction is somewhat pointless at this end of the game in my opinion because either way, both teams did not get that one last star to clearly state them the winner. If a team can get the same stars with less destruction it might be due to better planned attacks. So yes I say a faceoff system would be better.
    Last edited by mhosey4182; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:05 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •