Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan War League idea. Current system unfair...

I do find it unfair at times, but not for this reason. My clan has faced 11 th12s to our single th12. We got into this cuz we actually use armies other than mass edrags on legit every base. Anywhere from BoWitch to some extremely strange th12 pekka wizard army that I want them to replace but they refuse even tho they suck, dragloon, valks, hogs, need I go on? Imo the worst part of cwl is the lack of variety in the attacks rather than not coming 1st every time
    Last edited by zeldagod14; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:23 AM. Reason: spelling

Im super proud to boast this awesome pic! Thanks TullSadum for signing me up and DragonX101 for the sig pic!

Quote Originally Posted by zeldagod14 View Post
    I do find it unfair at times, but not for this reason. My clan has faced 11 th12s to our single th12.
    That's no more unfair than a th11 seeing th12s in legends league. The more you win in CWL the higher you will push up and the stronger bases you will see. Lose a lot and you will fall lower and face easier bases. Over the long term if your clan upgrades and grows as much as the average clan you'll win about 50%.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

All points are very valid and true and yes I guess I must admit that it is "fair," but flawed. No team should be able to get second place if undefeated regardless of Stars OR Destrucion in League Wars I guess. It should just be strictly won/loss I guess. If undefeated like in our case and we were the only ones undefeated then we should automatically be first. If there are ties below that then deal with it head-to-head I guess. I guess I'm just trying to say that it shouldn't be possible NOT to get first when there is an obvious logical flaw in the system.
    Last edited by mhosey4182; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:29 AM.

The point of CWL is to reward skilled attacking and defending, and total stars is a much better metric for that than war wins in my opinion. Ten stars mean that the wins still matter, but you can overcome a head-to-head loss with more skill (barring collusion, but as was said, no system is free from that).

Forum Superstar
    "we DID BEAT, but they tied us in Stars and had more Destruction.... No undefeated team"

Did you draw twice, and they won all but one loss?

I don't think there is a problem. Go for stars, not wins. 3stars - 3stars is bettwen than winning 1star to 0star.
    Tied stars? Destruction is the perfect tie breaker.

Fresh Spawn
    I personally love the way it works! Me and my clan doesnt allow people in CWL that will not show up and attack in the wars we put them in. So if we have to drop a TH10 that's not gonna attack for a TH8 that will that's what we do. Therefore our 15 or 30 might be weaker then 1 or 2 of the other clans but more often then not we make up alot of stars by taking advantage of every attack we get. We've lost 2 wars and still placed 1st or 2nd a couple times. I think it's a great system!

Fresh Spawn
    Like last CWL we lost 2 wars but got 2nd by like 40 stars would it not be more unfair for us to automatically not get promoted and for us to place 3rd just because the other team beat us?? Even though we still had a 40 star lead on them?

We did not tie anyone. We beat every team by Stars. They just managed to tie us in Stars because the last team they faced was one of the weakest. Therefore it is completely illogical they win based on destruction when we did beat that clan.

Yes logically third is the conclusion. It should be based on wins and losses rather than Stars. If one clan IS better and beats all other opponents than it does show that they ARE better by logical conclusion.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by mhosey4182 View Post
    We did not tie anyone. We beat every team by Stars. They just managed to tie us in Stars because the last team they faced was one of the weakest. Therefore it is completely illogical they win based on destruction when we did beat that clan.
    I understand that. You know what though it doesnt matter well never agree cause I think the way they do it is great! And i mean what's the big deal anyways? You didnt get first but got 2nd and still got promoted all you lost was 4 medals?? What's 4 medals gonna buy you?