Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we going to get new clasher's anymore?

Is there a like button for this?

Do occasionally come across people playing the game in real life & have been surprised when see they are generally starting out or very low TH lvl (some dude at work last week for example). The game is designed so always possible to catch up, remember seeing the leaderboards when first started & daunted by all these people with blue flashy walls. Thought would never be possible to get to that lvl but got there in the end. Saying that, used to see many more adverts for the game on TV and other places. No idea if marketing strategy has changed or just targeting different markets but would guess (and only a guess) they arenít investing as much in recruitment of new players as in the past.

I think the game balancing makes it so that "maxing" from th1 to thMax stays the same (about 4 years of few attacks per day)
    Just recently (cant remember the date) we had almost 50% upgrade cost/speed reduction for most defenses to bring players faster to th11.

The fact that those who started to play 6 years ago are finishing their th12 now does not say that those who start it today will finish it in 6 years. In fact it's reasonable to assume it wont take more than 3 years.
    Leader of Drunken.Hog (#2C2GPL99) friendly fast growing clan.
    Some members have their kids here too, hope we are not too old
    Clan is open 2 days a week, visit us

Pro Member
    It’s never been easier to Progress Quicker in Clash...Don’t think this Game will stop attracting Newbies anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Galluccio View Post
    People aren't this well informed. Let's say my nephew picks up the game. All he's going to see is people with level 65 heroes and max bases. It's intimidating. My nephew no longer plays the game
    Even though WE all know it is easier, the noob just joining the game DOES NOT.
    But that has always been true. You pick up the game and saw Level 45 heros, TH 11 as max. Now you see 65 and 12. If you don't do reasearch and make assumptions, both look daunting and years away.

So then what is "the solution" for those types of people? Surely it is not reduce build times and add more freebies. You already noted those people are myoptic, only see an end line, and do no research into how long it actually takes to get there. So do they reduce max hero levels down to 20 max, or reduce TH max to 9 so that the endgame appears closer?

When I picked up the game 5 years ago, yes it looked dauting, thought I would never reach max. But I stuck with the game and did research. People like I stayed with the game then, and would now. People like your nephew would not play it now, nor would they have 5 years ago.
    Last edited by rowman; September 15th, 2019 at 12:41 PM.

People aren't this well informed. Let's say my nephew picks up the game. All he's going to see is people with level 65 heroes and max bases. It's intimidating. My nephew no longer plays the game
    Level 65 or level 100 won't matter in that situation. Either he quickly figures out he doesn't actually play against players like that and instead plays against players new like himself or he doesn't figure that out.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

It's a very interesting topic , according to me not only the numbers of player joining the game and starting from lvl 1 has reduced but also plyrs who are in th8 and 9 are leaving the game , I also left the game few months ago ,just started playing ....
    Thinking about th13 , I get a little bit sad as I always to be max th12 and when th13 will be announced ,then it will take more time. So sc can only do one thing (ATM) ,to reduce the time so that plays can upgrade resources much faster .....

Forum Veteran
    This OP looks like a new Clasher to me:
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...rmy-for-attack

Forum Elder
    Have to agree with 2222.
    A new player will see accounts around their own size..
    They are unlikely to even know those huge bases even exist, unless they have someone to give them a free pass into a big clan.
    People either take to the game or they dont.. The only deciding factor is if they find it fun enough to hang around (or peer pressure if all their friends play).

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Level 65 or level 100 won't matter in that situation. Either he quickly figures out he doesn't actually play against players like that and instead plays against players new like himself or he doesn't figure that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post
    This OP looks like a new Clasher to me:
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...rmy-for-attack
    Huh
    Yeah I saw that too

Credit for sig: ShadowVIIKing
    Credit for avatar: DragonX101
    Need a clan? Join Here
    My stats
    Interested in GFX? Go here