Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we going to get new clasher's anymore?

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post
    They could always just reduce the time it takes to get from TH1 to TH11 to a year.
    New players can already achieve this. I watched a mini reach 2 billion cap max walls and max heroes in 8 months

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post
    They could always just reduce the time it takes to get from TH1 to TH11 to a year.
    Oh yeah and then we will have players that
    1 dont know what they are really doing
    2 dont know how to attack in the game or war for that matter

I'm an adult, I picked up the game for the first time less than two months ago, and I find it entirely engaging. I think it still has a lot to offer. A friend of mine has been playing pretty much since it was first released, put it down for a couple of years until I started playing recently, and has been saying a huge number of positive things about how much better things are.

FWIW, as a new player, the things I have disliked the most are related to not understanding how some bits work and the interface not otherwise being clear enough as to what's going on. (A couple of examples: I thought I was maxed at TH6 before I made the jump to TH7, but I didn't realize that I needed to scroll the "Research" screen past a bunch of things I don't have to upgrade the spells I do have! Oops. It's not too bad, but I'm still playing catchup. More painfully, after I got access to the Season Challenges I maxed them in August, but didn't collect *any* of them before they vanished at the end of the month. That still hurts.)

Still, it's pretty accessible to new players, and it's fun from the start. The trophy system means I end up at a competitive level no matter how mismanaged my layout is. I'm not really following the CWL and high-profile events, I don't even know what half the stuff they're throwing around is! I'm pretty happy doing my thing down at TH7, though.
    Last edited by andrewcat; September 15th, 2019 at 02:25 AM.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Rider10 View Post
    It's my concern. I am really thinking is anyone going to start a Town hall from level 1?
    Especially this will be even more worse by the coming of Th13. I guess Hero level will be going to atleast 70/70/45.

I can't see anyone willing to start a game from point zero hoping to make up to top tier. If a guess is there that you are not gonna make it , is there any point in building the base? It's just because lower players are most of the time unnoticed.

It's a fact that SC waits a bit longer even when many players are maxed just to give some more time to other players to make up a bit.

It's almost going to be impossible now as we know many will rage quit when they sit maxed for some time and start saying "nothing to do" "am bored" etc are some of them.

Is there anyway to keep them entertained? Dont speak on the behalf of a maxed player. You always start a game keeping in mind that you will someday reach the top spot. Am not saying it's even completely impossible, practically possible if you wait for many years... but patience matters and why would one be this patient? I don't find a point.

Am just glad that I am not discovering the game now 😊.
    With the addition of clan games first with magic items, then CWL with league medals and now season challenges game progression is much faster now compared to when i first started playing. There was a time with th9&10 took a good 2 years to max with cost of things, upgrade times, etc. Now a lot of those things have been drastically cut.

It took me 2 years to fully max th9 on my main account and only 6 months maxing th10 on that same account. And now if I stay on track since season challenges has been introduced into the game I'll be a fully maxed th11 by the end of this year and I just upgraded to th11 the end of May this year.

So yes it might be intimidating starting at ground lvl and th13 is the highest, but with all of the extra things in the game now it won't take long for them to get to a decent lvl and grind to catch up with the masses imo.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    One of our clannies has just started a new mini ... I think he's a TH6 now, after what, a week and a half?
    That's crazy, i started a new mini back in may. And now it is a nearly maxed th7 minus walls and a few troop upgrades left in the lab. Granted I'm not on this account daily because I am grinding my main, a rushed 12 to fix it and 4 th9s atm, so progression on it isnt as fast but that sounds just about right if I was playing on it daily.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Stujd View Post
    I wonder how many millions of people have quit when they have reached th9 and realised they have 50 hero upgrades to do, I would be bringing aq in at th7 and having 10 levels of upgrades in th7, 8 & 9 giving players a bit more of a taste of what the game is like earlier on
    Yeah a lot of folks rage quit half way through th9 because of the grind but then a good portion also just rushed through that phrase because of that same grind.

Some of us that did stop at th9 has returned tho. I took a year break when I was half way through th9 because of the grind but i did return at some point. But this was back when it took damn near 2 years to fully max th9 and now that time has been drastically cut and it only takes about 6 months or less to fully max it now. I'd probably be a nearly maxed th12 by now if not fully maxed if I didnt take that break tho.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rst View Post
    Poor analogy

You had the same cue as the expert player from day 1

Some players within a few weeks will beat players who have been playing for many years.

It didnít take you 6 years to upgrade your cue to make it competitive.
    Skillful miss of the actual point. If you think that a pool cue is the determining factor, you are horribly mistaken. It is the skill that matters not the tool. My point is, that its about enjoying the game in the first place, if it doesnt capture your attention, it doesnt matter if you can max in a month or 5 years.

Nevermind the items, the game upgrade times and resource costs are continually adjusted down to keep the new player to end game time similar to what they've always been

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    In the past, I would have agreed. It was daunting for a new player looking at how far they had yet to go. wondering if they would ever catch up. That was then ...

Now, I believe it is easier to catch up, and they constantly make it easier yet with each iteration. Magic items, Medals, Clan Games, Events, etc., etc., etc..And when new higher levels come out, they have been reducing cost and time for lower level upgrades. Expect that trend to continue in the future.

I contend that a new F2P player can reach max in less time today, then a new F2P player could when TH 11 was max. As for the pay players? Both much quicker, and much cheaper than the past (Gold Pass). So they may be extending the finish line, but they keep reducing the required time by an even greater proportion.

As far as giving the max players something to do, that is a separate item. We simply find things to occupy us while awaiting new content, only to max yet again, only to repeat that cycle. Those same magic items mean that it takes us in turn less time to re-max.
    People aren't this well informed. Let's say my nephew picks up the game. All he's going to see is people with level 65 heroes and max bases. It's intimidating. My nephew no longer plays the game
    Even though WE all know it is easier, the noob just joining the game DOES NOT.

I don't mind where it's at but it could get quicker in respect to walls and research. 6 weeks to get to max 7 is ok. Harder from there up. If the research times decreased at lower levels and walls were able to be built with elixir from th8 and dark from th11 then it would be a better balance. I don't usually max heroes at 9 before going on to 10. Easier to max at 10. With hammers the best way to make research faster you need to be playing cwl to make it happen. Lower level accounts don't get those opportunities in many good clans. The only other ways are books and a potion. Neither are available often enough when comparing to what's available to build. You're able to have 5 builders but only 1 lab. More opportunities should be there for the research. Gold pass is an advantage but I can't pay for it for 6 accounts. 1 is ok. It can't be too fast on the way through or the player doesn't get the basic fundamentals of the strategies needed at higher levels. It just needs balancing with regard to base building (including walls) finishing with heroes and research.