Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we going to get new clasher's anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by IBWOLF2 View Post
    my thinking is more tuned to ai of game and new players...newer players dropping the game because coc has a habit of being frustrating and insulting to the sense of fair play...and im guessing newer players will not put up with the same since there are so many newer games to choose from..
    SC is more serious against cheating and in favor of fair play now than at any time before, so I don't know how that would come into play.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    People that incorrectly think this is a game where there is a finish line with the point of playing being to reach that line may not want to start now. Players that correctly understand this game is as much about the journey as the end and that they can have just as much fun raiding, playing clan games, playing clan wars, playing regular wars, etc. as players that are maxed out may still be willing to start now.
    I agree with you for the most part. But with the game getting more and more in a competitive direction (Clan war Leagues, Esport, new Legends system) the journey becomes a huge obstacle for new players.

For example people that see the pros play at the Clash World Championship and get interested into the game will be discouraged by the amount of time they have to play until they reach a competitive level. It would take about 3 years of actively playing the game to reach max th12 and until then SC releases more and more content. And who knows if the game is still relevant in 3 years.

Of course other th levels can be competitive as well, like th10 and 11 in community leagues. But at least in my opinion th12 is much more interesting. I recently gave up playing my th10 and th11 accounts and focused on only th12 because it was too boring. And to play competitive with lower th levels your base has to be (near) maxed for that th level. And as soon as you hit the upgrade button you are not competitive at the new th level anymore, you are out for at least a few months to level up defense and offense.

As a conclusion, I like how progress is made easier with Clan games, league medals, season pass ... but I still feel like it should be much faster in order to encourage new people to play the game.

I think sc has recently thought about this. I think that's why they have added magic items and season challenges. To make it easier. I wouldn't be surprised if they added something to it in the next update

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by IBWOLF2 View Post
    my thinking is more tuned to ai of game and new players...newer players dropping the game because coc has a habit of being frustrating and insulting to the sense of fair play...and im guessing newer players will not put up with the same since there are so many newer games to choose from..
    You will need to elaborate.
    I agree it can be frustrating.. But only because the game is purposely challenging.
    The AI works to a "rule of 3", and sometimes it looks like sometimes it is off.. but we simply watch graphics and sprites running around.
    The raid will run its pre determined course once you drop the troops on the board, and recalculating whenever the user does something to alter the programme. eg dropping spells, or extra troops.. So I agree it may not appeal to those that wish to waltz thru 3 star raids easily.

I am guessing the "sense of fair play" is referring to cwl.. since weighted matching is in a good place right now.
    If "fair play" is in reference to perceived AI problems, I dont see that so much.. A misplaced drop or mistimed spell may result in on screen activity that doesnt fit in with the players desires.. plus everybody would be on a level playing field anyway, since everybody uses the same programme

There was always plenty of choice when it comes to mobile games, but not many, if any, have enjoyed the sustained success that coc has had.. So they cant be doing too badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenz98 View Post
    I agree with you for the most part. But with the game getting more and more in a competitive direction (Clan war Leagues, Esport, new Legends system) the journey becomes a huge obstacle for new players.

For example people that see the pros play at the Clash World Championship and get interested into the game will be discouraged by the amount of time they have to play until they reach a competitive level. It would take about 3 years of actively playing the game to reach max th12 and until then SC releases more and more content. And who knows if the game is still relevant in 3 years.

Of course other th levels can be competitive as well, like th10 and 11 in community leagues. But at least in my opinion th12 is much more interesting. I recently gave up playing my th10 and th11 accounts and focused on only th12 because it was too boring. And to play competitive with lower th levels your base has to be (near) maxed for that th level. And as soon as you hit the upgrade button you are not competitive at the new th level anymore, you are out for at least a few months to level up defense and offense.

As a conclusion, I like how progress is made easier with Clan games, league medals, season pass ... but I still feel like it should be much faster in order to encourage new people to play the game.
    I do have some concern that players will think ESL and the top of CWL is what clash is all about. They'd be mistaken of course, given the fact that the number of players that type of play impacts is a very small minority. They might think it, though. Heck, players have mistakenly thought for a long time that the game would suddenly be more fun once they were maxed, as though that was the goal of the game. For some it actually is true, for many I've known it causes them to get bored and quit.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenz98 View Post
    ... As a conclusion, I like how progress is made easier with Clan games, league medals, season pass ... but I still feel like it should be much faster in order to encourage new people to play the game.
    Fair statement, that is all any of us can do without data, "feel" according to our own "gut instinct". Without data, all gut instincts are equally valid. We, the community, have no such data. No idea of how many start, then abandon the game. Even Supercell may have the account rention data to give them numbers, but even then, those numbers only state how many quit, or gave up, but not why they quit.

My own "gut instinct" is that there is indeed "new blood" entering the game. Spend a little time in Global and see. And no, not all "new blood" are youth. Last month we welcomed two new first time adult players into our clan, both began playing only this calendar year (a TH 9, and a TH 8).

Games become "trendy". Clash is no longer the "trendy, must play game" it once was. Of course new player acquisition is most likely less than it was 5 years ago, a normal expected lifecycle fact. But my own "gut" is that it still manages to attrack enough new players to stay viable.
    Last edited by rowman; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:34 PM.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I remember years ago when I first started playing pool. I found the game fun and challenging and I enjoyed it. All these decades later, I am still playing pool. I am certainly not expert but I can play a good game. I know with certainty that when I first picked up that cue that I was NOT thinking about how many years it would take me to become expert. Ths same thing applies to CoC, if you try it and like it and are challenged, you will stay. If not, then you wont. Time to max likely isnt a consideration for most folks, especially since you can be TH 10 in less than a year.
    Poor analogy

You had the same cue as the expert player from day 1

Some players within a few weeks will beat players who have been playing for many years.

It didn’t take you 6 years to upgrade your cue to make it competitive.
    Last edited by Rst; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kajid View Post
    Loot difficulty has gone up again today by 2.5% Why do they keep increasing the loot difficulty this makes the game not worth playing and before you all say there is more inactive bases and less active players it still shouldn't be a 2.5% increase in difficulty.

Forum Veteran
    I was progressing a few alt accts from th4 fillers end of last year, and one of them is now having 53-43-37 heroes in 11 months of progress and 3 gold passes, while farming for at least 5 more accts, i think if you focused on heroes u can max it it 18 months easily with a few gold passes.

So in my opinion new player can catch up much faster now to maxed player in th12, new players definitely less now because the game is not the hype it was, not because of speed of progression
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...LPP80/members/

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

Centennial Club
    I wonder how many millions of people have quit when they have reached th9 and realised they have 50 hero upgrades to do, I would be bringing aq in at th7 and having 10 levels of upgrades in th7, 8 & 9 giving players a bit more of a taste of what the game is like earlier on

I was bored so I replayed the tutorial. My friend just started a mini account and hit th4 in the first day. He was playing during class but you know

Im super proud to boast this awesome pic! Thanks TullSadum for signing me up and DragonX101 for the sig pic!