Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Builder Base (Lose and Draw Result)

New Bloke/Chick

Builder Base (Lose and Draw Result)

This is my idea for lose and draw result.

Lose= loser can choose take 50% reward or not. Of course loser still lose trophies

Draw= both players get reward. Trophies stay same

This will save time for many players

Try looking just a few posts down. Plenty of discussion there.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...as-half-a-star

My view, you didn't win. You get what you should get. Nothing.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Uvuwewewe View Post
    ... This will save time for many players
    It certianly would! Fill up your stores each and every day. How much easier could it be?

You can attack with rewards each day until you have three wins. Attack and retreat immediately. Either I had a loss (with loot gained), or a draw (my opponent thinking as I did the same). Either way it is a win, I got loot and I continue to attack for even more loot. Who then cares about trophy loss? Lower brackets may give less loot, but if I can continue attacking for loot, I easily compensate for that. In fact, I predict many, if not most, would intentionally have ties and loses! At the end of the day, you would get more loot that way.

Forum Legend
    Or, how about:

Draw = nobody gets anything, Trophies stay the same.

Oh, wait .. that's what SuperCell chose as the outcome of a "Draw" because that would require people to play a little more.

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats

Forum Legend
    Participation trophy generation strikes again.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Centennial Club
    I never understood why there’s a draw at all...a great tie breaker is the time taken to get the winning outcome. You get matched with that joker that takes the entire 3 minutes to painstakingly sprinkle archers while your attack is in and out in half the time...you should win the draw.

Quote Originally Posted by exeljb View Post
    I never understood why there’s a draw at all...a great tie breaker is the time taken to get the winning outcome. You get matched with that joker that takes the entire 3 minutes to painstakingly sprinkle archers while your attack is in and out in half the time...you should win the draw.
    Because it is a timed match?

In the NFL for example, it too is a "timed" (by the clock) match. 60 minutes to score as many points as possible. If tied after 60 minutes, then it is overtime (more clock time added). Now imagine if the NFL changed the rule to "If tied at end of 60 minutes of regulation, then whomever got to their final score soonest wins".

"Soonest to compete" is used in events where there is no game clock. We run a 1K race. Does not matter if it took both of us 4 minutes to reach the end, or 8 hours to reach the end (we had a leisurely walk). It is then that "soonest" makes sense, no game clock, simply first to completion.

Agree "soonest" would make sense if the game clock was removed. Play until either a base was 100% destroyed (you crossed the finish line first) or until all troops on both sides died.
    Last edited by rowman; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:57 AM.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Because it is a timed match?

In the NFL for example, it too is a "timed" (by the clock) match. 60 minutes to score as many points as possible. If tied after 60 minutes, then it is overtime (more clock time added). Now imagine if the NFL changed the rule to "If tied at end of 60 minutes of regulation, then whomever got to their final score soonest wins".

"Soonest to compete" is used in events where there is no game clock. We run a 1K race. Does not matter if it took both of us 4 minutes to reach the end, or 8 hours to reach the end (we had a leisurely walk). It is then that "soonest" makes sense, no game clock, simply first to completion.

Agree "soonest" would make sense if the game clock was removed. Play until either a base was 100% destroyed (you crossed the finish line first) or until all troops on both sides died.
    Iím thinking a timed match in this game is considerably different than other sports, mainly because matches in BB are occurring concurrently and blindly (meaning not knowing what your opponent is doing). In just about every sport/game, you see what your opponent is doing and can react to it for a defense within the time limits. In a race, itís first to the end wins but in this game, just getting done quickly may not be good enough.

I understand your attempt to make an analogy but I donít see where it being a timed match makes itís impossible that the tie breaker be the time it took to get the result. An attacker can gamble and take the full time, at the risk of a loss, or do an efficient attack and hope for the best.

We are talking about draws here, which is a small amount of attacks but occurs enough to need something of a resolution. If you have a better idea, please share.

The amount of time taken to complete an attack isn't a measure of the skill used, so it's a pretty lousy tiebreaker. Some strategies inherently take longer than others, and that doesn't make them less skilled (sometimes quite the opposite).

As an aside, the "participation trophy generation" generally finds participation trophies kinda lame, and the people who thought they'd be a good idea are the generation constantly complaining about their existence. FYI.

Supercell is never going to do anything that reduces the time requirement of the game unless you are willing to pay real money. A key point of the clock tower nerf was to reduce the percentage of players who could on average finish a set of 3 wins in the duration of one clock usage

I'm sure they have considered sneaky archer changes that would eliminate the mass usage that draws out to the full 3 minutes, but have decided that since most attacks are finished quickly, it would be against their financial interests