Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about this

How do you feel about this

We all must noticed how they do Gold pass finish and same time as CWL.You can not spend rewards unless you gem them on heros.Been putting all in to walls and keeping hold dark. Very clever money grab

Forum Veteran
    Wow ....it really took you a few months to figure this out?
    I used to be sarcastic when I was younger ...... Now it turned to solid cynicism.

Question is how do feel about this

CWL has been in play a while longer, and since before the start of CWL it was clear that they would end up starting CWL on the first of the month. I think I have seen Darian comment that the gold pass then even wasn't on the table as far as ideas or revenue streams were concerned. I of course don't know whether that is 'true' since I don't work for SuperCell. Although I have no reason to think Darian would outright lie to us.

Do I not like the stuff being right after one another? Well doesn't matter, we'll have to do with what we've got. Get a gold pass or don't get one ... CWL is aligned with ESL at least until the championships, and after that it will stay the same I think ... the gold pass is simply a revenue stream for SuperCell. Many on here have already explained how they plan their builders, books, magical items and time around these things ending/starting around the same time ... part of it really is planning...
    Last edited by JusMe; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atterton View Post
    What would that add to this, or any conversation?

Not saying you shouldn't or can't post ... just honestly wondering about it. We have seen these posts every month since the start of the gold pass... not much seems to have changed...

Forum Elder
    I think.. If you spend your money on the Gold Pass simply for the season bank, then you may as well save your money..
    Reality is, if you dont delay your builders or books, it is going to be raided from you (unless you are LL).

But, I buy the pass for the discounts throughout the month, that grow in line with my activity..
    I see the season bank as simply a bonus.. A little thanks from SC, that you would get, although in lesser amounts, if the silver route was taken instead.
    Simply spend what you can, and think of the rest as bolstering the economy.. Those actual loot raids are a welcome change from the usual trophy dumps.

There is no ideal time for the season bank to be released, if a clan is active with wars. Plus clan games comes around so quickly.
    A monthly pass ending at the end of the month sounds about right to me.. the fact cwl starts at the beginning of the month may well be coincidental, since that was there first.

But I would suggest judge each as a separate entity (cwl and gold pass), without any thought towards the other (for timings), and conspiracy theory is not so evident.

Australian Independence
    I feel absolutely fine about it. That's because I plan ahead & have never spent more than a few minutes spending down the loot.

I sit on my CWL medals (for BP's); I hold back the books from Gold Pass until I see the Clan Games rewards & I don't collect Games rewards until after the start of the new season.

I delay CWL sign-up for approximately 40 hours. That gives me enough time to unlock the 10% Builder perk & get through hero upgrades on 11 or 12 BP's. Since the hike, that isn't possible every month; but, on those (rare) occasions, a BoH & the lab easily take care of the DE. Leaving me ready to raid for oodles loot from the unprepared.
    Last edited by Kaledonian; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post
    I feel absolutely fine about it. That's because I plan ahead & have never spent more than a few minutes spending down the loot.

I sit on my CWL medals (for BP's); I hold back the books from Gold Pass until I see the Clan Games rewards & I don't collect Games rewards until after the start of the new season.

I delay CWL sign-up for approximately 40 hours. That gives me enough time to unlock the 10% Builder perk & get through hero upgrades on 11 or 12 BP's. Since the hike, that isn't possible every month; but, on those (rare) occasions, a BoH & the lab easily take care of the DE. Leaving me ready to raid for oodles loot from the unprepared.
    What!?!? You don't have to use books the nano second you get them and are able to use them later? AND you do this black magic sourcery thing called planning? Must be some sort of Jedi mind trick you are doing. Witchcraft more likely.

Who would have thought such a thing is possible.

There you go OP, you have your answer.

Centennial Club
    I can’t say how I feel cause this situation leads to a choice. Only way is to plan your builders and lab timing . At the end you getting a book you can do 1 hero upgrade like GW and use all DE on lab upgrade and pour all gold on defenses and any exilar left save or on walls . It’s smart timing on SC but that how the game is . Everything you have to make a choice .

In another thread I suggested swapping the start of clan games and CWL.

A few vocal members rejected it. Reputation comments suggest there is quiet support from some players.

But ultimately the decision lies with SC.

But I agree it is inconvenient to collect overflowing dark elixir, with no means to spend it when heroes are needed in CWL. I feel that if I spend real world money on a gold pass, I would like more than the honor of being a DE whale for some kid in China until the overages are reduced to the point I can collect DE again. I am managing resources by passing on the gold pass.
    UNICORNS! I want unicorns. Any clan that gets a 3 war win streak should have one villager replaced by a frisky little unicorn that frolics and gambols about the village. Let's make this happen.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...s-add-unicorns