Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Petition to increase Legends League attacks to 10 per day.

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #111
    Quote Originally Posted by esrgaur View Post
    Yes, 8 attacks are enough.... Please close this thread now... There is no point of increasing pages for such type of discussions
    That is your opinion. We do NOT close threads just because somebody think there is no point continuing. This forum is for open discussion. Please do not ask for threads to be closed unless they are, actually breaching forum rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    As it stands, we're seeing 8 attacks is a pretty good number that's attainable without being overwhelming.
    Have you taken into account the negative effect this has had on secondary accounts? I know for me getting the full 8 attacks in daily means my second and third account are being seriously neglected.
    COC: Working on TH12 Clash Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Doddsyuk View Post
    Have you taken into account the negative effect this has had on secondary accounts? I know for me getting the full 8 attacks in daily means my second and third account are being seriously neglected.
    I'm not sure I follow you on this one. In the old Legends I had to sit in the clouds for hours just to find a base to attack. During that time I couldn't not be on any of my other accounts, donate, or check war bases. Now in the new OBS Legends League I get a base right away when I hit attack. While my troops are training I can swap to loot on my mini accounts, donate, head to the builder base, check out war, even set the game down and do something else while I wait for troops and heroes to be ready again. If anything OBS has increased my ability to work on multiple accounts and generally be more active if I want to rather than stuck in the clouds only able to chat with my clan.

Quote Originally Posted by zank44 View Post
    I'm not sure I follow you on this one. In the old Legends I had to sit in the clouds for hours just to find a base to attack. During that time I couldn't not be on any of my other accounts, donate, or check war bases. Now in the new OBS Legends League I get a base right away when I hit attack. While my troops are training I can swap to loot on my mini accounts, donate, head to the builder base, check out war, even set the game down and do something else while I wait for troops and heroes to be ready again. If anything OBS has increased my ability to work on multiple accounts and generally be more active if I want to rather than stuck in the clouds only able to chat with my clan.
    i have other things I need to do, I used to do some of those things while clouding. Also I only did 1-2 attacks per base in a batch during the same 12 min mid week, now to get my attacks in I am pretty much constantly doing it during a boost per evening which doesn’t allow for the time to attack with my mini bases.
    COC: Working on TH12 Clash Profile

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-to-10-per-day

Read all responses there, note those from Supercell in particular.
    Last edited by rowman; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:39 PM.

Fresh Spawn
    I agree I'm always getting all attacks done halfway through the league day I want more attacks maybe 12-16 attacks a day would be good especially since the loot doesn't come from you

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #117
    Quote Originally Posted by TallyZee View Post
    8 attacks isn't enough I would like more attacks maybe 12-16 attacks
    Please stop posting the same thing over and over. There is zero chance of you getting what you want, no matter how many times you post it.

It is clear from the number of complaints both that it is too many and that it is too few (plus the data SC have) that 8 is a pretty good number overall.

They may tweak it a bit if the data shows it is needed, but at most it would go up or down by 1. There is no chance of it going up to 12 or more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Forum Superstar
    I don’t understand the few statements on why the number must be constant. Why not let me choose 4 today, 20 tomorrow?

I understand there is the issue of people hiding in legends to keep their resources safe from raids. The solution to this would then be a resource and/or trophy penalty for choosing a low number.

Is there an issue of too much loot from crazy active people doing 50 legends attacks per day? If so, solve that by diminished loot per attack for very high choices of attacks. 50 would be burnout for a real person, the customers should be left wanting more. If variable, 16 might be a suitable maximum to choose.

There was something about the lack of equilibrium in legends. Variable attacks should be an improvement to that, because loosing tons of trophies for a couple of days of inactivity is a major cause of disequilibria.

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    I donít understand the few statements on why the number must be constant. Why not let me choose 4 today, 20 tomorrow?
    I myself can think of two reasons:

1) It is meant to be a competative league. The "regular season" (our League Seasons) in any competative league dictates that all teams are scheduled the same identical number of matches during the regular season (NFL, NBA, MLB, MLS, etc.). At the end of the season, you need an apples-to-apples comparison. Yes, in leagues you can have forfeits or no shows, but all are scheduled the same number of matches, regardless. A team cannot inflate their number of season wins for example, by taking on "extra matches".

2) Could variable even be supported? Remember, if I opt for two attacks, then in turn, I can only be given as a defender twice. Can all variations possible even be mathamatically satisfied? Example: Let us say there are 100,000 players within Legends. If they all selected 4 attacks, that can be mathematically satisfied, 4 attacks with 4 defends. Now what if 99,999 selected 4, but one player selected 20? The only way to satisfy that is to have 16 players defend 5 times (to satisfy the lone 20 case) yet they can only in return attack 4 times themselves. Not really then a balanced and equal competative league at all.
    Last edited by rowman; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:50 PM.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    I myself can think of two reasons:

1) It is meant to be a [I]competative[ league/I]. The "regular season" (our League Seasons) in any competative league dictates that all teams are scheduled the same identical number of matches during the regular season (NFL, NBA, MLB, MLS, etc.). At the end of the season, you need an apples-to-apples comparison. Yes, in leagues you can have forfeits or no shows, but all are scheduled the same number of matches, regardless. A team cannot inflate their number of season wins for example, by taking on "extra matches".

2) Could variable even be supported? Remember, if I opt for two attacks, then in turn, I can only be given as a defender twice. Can all variations possible even be mathamatically satisfied?
    1). That’s an example of an answer I struggle to half understand. You hold your rank if you consistently beat those below you, and don’t beat those above. If the league has reasonable equilibrium (someone suggested it doesn’t, but it is desirable that it do have), then more battles mixed above and below won’t change anything, much. Maybe your skills will increase? Maybe you’ll get to know more opponents defences?

Compare real competitive leagues, not round robins, but Tennis, or Chess. In both there are minimum tournament requirements or a rank penalty, but given that low number penalty, there is no first order effect from a few more or less appearances. There is more cash reward for more appearances.

2) Pretty obviously yes, easy. Why the doubt??
    Last edited by George1971; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:48 PM. Reason: Trouble saving posts.