Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 133

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Petition to increase Legends League attacks to 10 per day.

  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #121
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    1). That’s an example of an answer I struggle to half understand. You hold your rank if you consistently beat those below you, and don’t beat those above. If the league has reasonable equilibrium (someone suggested it doesn’t, but it is desirable that it do have), then more battles mixed above and below won’t change anything, much. Maybe your skills will increase? Maybe you’ll get to know more opponents defences?
    If there were no seasons, and the league went on indefinitely, then you would have equilibrium. But in a season of a month, that just doesn't happen except for those like me whose equilibrium point is near the bottom.

    If some people were allowed to take more attacks, then many of them would reach that equilibrium point who wouldn't otherwise. And those who would rise to the top will do so more quickly.

    Compare real competitive leagues, not round robins, but Tennis, or Chess.
    Those aren't leagues, they are ladders. Different thing.

    Leaguse are always AFAIK based on every competitor having the same number of matches. And if they miss a match, it will be expensive in terms of league position - much more so than ladders usually are.

    In both there are minimum tournament requirements or a rank penalty, but given that low number penalty, there is no first order effect from a few more or less appearances. There is more cash reward for more appearances.

    2) Pretty obviously yes, easy. Why the doubt??
    It is only yes because of the high numbers involved. It isn't as trivial as it might seem at first glance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  2. #122
    Forum Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,250
    An alternative approach might be to go weekly not daily. 56 attacks & defences per week, instead of the equivalent 8 per day. This would solve the suggested problem of some people having more playing time on some days, less in others.

    56 per weeks sounds like a lot! Sometimes, 8 per day seems too few, and really constraining, but I think there are more days when all eight seems a chore.

    I suggest 40 per week. Personally I would like 2 per day for weekdays, and 15 per day from Friday night to Sunday night. But with the flexibility to do different however I like.

  3. #123
    rowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    On a lenghty sabbatical
    Posts
    10,426
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    An alternative approach might be to go weekly not daily. 56 attacks & defences per week, instead of the equivalent 8 per day. This would solve the suggested problem of some people having more playing time on some days, less in others.

    56 per weeks sounds like a lot! Sometimes, 8 per day seems too few, and really constraining, but I think there are more days when all eight seems a chore.

    I suggest 40 per week. Personally I would like 2 per day for weekdays, and 15 per day from Friday night to Sunday night. But with the flexibility to do different however I like.
    I do agree that suggestion would present neither of the two issues that I had noted. It would simply replace "Legend Day" with a "Legend Week".

    Only complaint I can possibly foresee is from those whom delay most attacks until end of week. If one gets hit heavily early in the week with 20 defends the first day, while attacking only a few times, they could be kicked from Legends mid week. One obvious solution to that could be "no drop out of Legends until the week ends, regadless of amount of drop".

    So I do see ways that it could be made viable.
    Last edited by rowman; September 25th, 2019 at 12:25 AM.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    An alternative approach might be to go weekly not daily. 56 attacks & defences per week, instead of the equivalent 8 per day. This would solve the suggested problem of some people having more playing time on some days, less in others.

    56 per weeks sounds like a lot! Sometimes, 8 per day seems too few, and really constraining, but I think there are more days when all eight seems a chore.

    I suggest 40 per week. Personally I would like 2 per day for weekdays, and 15 per day from Friday night to Sunday night. But with the flexibility to do different however I like.
    I'd be very surprised if SC were to make it easier to get 8 attacks in per day on average (by giving you all week to do it) and also reduce the number of legends attacks. Going that route would be reason to increase the number of attacks in my opinion. One problem is the matching. Players that normally would be matching each other high in trophies are matching others that are low because the matches are set at the start of the week. Also, what would you do with the player who gets knocked out of legends on the 2nd day? They are matched with others for a week and now they are gone? It sounds like they would be forced to stay in legends all week long before being allowed to leave.

    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

  5. #125
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    1,998
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    I don’t understand the few statements on why the number must be constant. Why not let me choose 4 today, 20 tomorrow?

    I understand there is the issue of people hiding in legends to keep their resources safe from raids. The solution to this would then be a resource and/or trophy penalty for choosing a low number.

    Is there an issue of too much loot from crazy active people doing 50 legends attacks per day? If so, solve that by diminished loot per attack for very high choices of attacks. 50 would be burnout for a real person, the customers should be left wanting more. If variable, 16 might be a suitable maximum to choose.

    There was something about the lack of equilibrium in legends. Variable attacks should be an improvement to that, because loosing tons of trophies for a couple of days of inactivity is a major cause of disequilibria.
    The number must be constant for everyone each day to prevent gaming the system and ensuring a level field. Taking a small example: assuming each day two players with exactly the same skills and bases attack their full 8 attacks and net 20 stars. Over 7 days they both accumulate 140 stars. Assume the same thing for next week except theyonly net 10 stars a day which is another 70. End of week two they both have 5210.

    If one player has the option of doing more than 8, lets say 16 per day his potential total is 5420 while his opponents potential is still 5210. No matter what number you select as being max, it forces everyone to now have to do that number to compete. You and many others suggest that 8 is already too many so raising it makes little sense. We can debate whether 8 is too many or too few but whatever the number is (and SC has the data to KNOW for sure whatit should be), the number has to be the same each day for everyone.
    Last edited by Tosti111; September 25th, 2019 at 04:25 AM.

  6. #126
    Forum Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,250
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I'd be very surprised if SC were to make it easier to get 8 attacks in per day on average (by giving you all week to do it) and also reduce the number of legends attacks. Going that route would be reason to increase the number of attacks in my opinion. One problem is the matching. Players that normally would be matching each other high in trophies are matching others that are low because the matches are set at the start of the week. Also, what would you do with the player who gets knocked out of legends on the 2nd day? They are matched with others for a week and now they are gone? It sounds like they would be forced to stay in legends all week long before being allowed to leave.
    56 per week would be the status quo Legend Week instead of Legend Day. Changing that number up or down???

    A change from Day to Week would mean 56 matches, once per week. There is no getting kicked out on day two. Someone trophy climbing to 5000 trophies, who gets three starred -40 trophies 56 times, and does no attacks, will stay in for the full week, to be spat out 2240 trophies lower at the end of the week. 56 different people get an easy attack. I think the game will survive this.

    A reason to do this might be better equilibrium, if it is true that the disequilibrium in legends is due to people not doing attacks on certain days, and catching up by doing well on other days.

    If legends is close to being in equilibrium, all 56 should be fair matches. If it is an equilibrium, people should not be moving up or down a great deal, and so it will be OK that the match making was done days ago. People don't change skill level within a week, but they do change availability within a week.


    My experience is that I can easily climb into legends, using a green potion or two if required, for good weekend of very high quality CoC battles, but come Monday-Tuesday, I simply fail to find time to do nearly the 8 attacks and get pushed out the bottom. On Monday-Tuesdays, my non-attacks surely contribute to disequilibrium.

  7. #127
    Forum Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    The number must be constant for everyone each day to prevent gaming the system and ensuring a level field. Taking a small example: assuming each day two players with exactly the same skills and bases attack their full 8 attacks and net 20 stars. Over 7 days they both accumulate 140 stars. Assume the same thing for next week except theyonly net 10 stars a day which is another 70. End of week two they both have 5210.

    If one player has the option of doing more than 8, lets say 16 per day his potential total is 5420 while his opponents potential is still 5210. No matter what number you select as being max, it forces everyone to now have to do that number to compete. You and many others suggest that 8 is already too many so raising it makes little sense. We can debate whether 8 is too many or too few but whatever the number is (and SC has the data to KNOW for sure whatit should be), the number has to be the same each day for everyone.
    This scenario completely assumes disequilibrium in legends.

    If there were equilibrium, assuming two players constantly constant trophy increase limited only by allowed attacks, would not be a reasonable assumption.

    If an individual is far from their equilibrium position, which should they be limited from getting to their equilibrium faster? You rationale reads to me to be advocating for a preservation of disequilibrium.


    Assume equilibrium. Every player in legends is at the right trophy level for their base and skill. Assume all attacks are done, and no great base development or redesign occurs, and no profound attack strategy epiphany occurs.

    Player A, at 5100 trophies, gains no trophies. It doesn't matter how many attacks&defences are done.


    Next assume player B one day discovers the merit of good base design, and fixes his base. He is at 5100 trophies. Consistently from here on, he wins slightly more than he loses. Say will take him 100 attacks&defences to get to his new equilibrium level of 5150 trophies. Why does it matter if he gets there in less time than another player who chooses a lower number of attacks&defences if that were allowed? In time, he will get to 5150 trophies, and will no longer by winning net trophies.

  8. #128
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I'd be very surprised if SC were to make it easier to get 8 attacks in per day on average (by giving you all week to do it) and also reduce the number of legends attacks. Going that route would be reason to increase the number of attacks in my opinion. One problem is the matching. Players that normally would be matching each other high in trophies are matching others that are low because the matches are set at the start of the week. Also, what would you do with the player who gets knocked out of legends on the 2nd day? They are matched with others for a week and now they are gone? It sounds like they would be forced to stay in legends all week long before being allowed to leave.
    I think the biggest issue sc has with this is the fact that it would lower people's daily activity since some people would get their weekly hits in very early and then have nothing to do rest of the week or vice versa. Forcing people to attack 8 times a day means that every person in legends pretty much has to be online every day to get atleast some of the attacks in

  9. #129
    Forum Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,250
    Quote Originally Posted by YodaOfClash View Post
    I think the biggest issue sc has with this is the fact that it would lower people's daily activity since some people would get their weekly hits in very early and then have nothing to do rest of the week or vice versa. Forcing people to attack 8 times a day means that every person in legends pretty much has to be online every day to get atleast some of the attacks in
    This speaks to a central point.

    Should Legends League cater for players with a weekly cycle of variable activity?;

    or

    Should Legends League demand consistent and uniform daily activity, or see player's trophies plunge on any inactive days?

  10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #130
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    This scenario completely assumes disequilibrium in legends.

    If there were equilibrium, assuming two players constantly constant trophy increase limited only by allowed attacks, would not be a reasonable assumption.

    If an individual is far from their equilibrium position, which should they be limited from getting to their equilibrium faster? You rationale reads to me to be advocating for a preservation of disequilibrium.


    Assume equilibrium. Every player in legends is at the right trophy level for their base and skill. Assume all attacks are done, and no great base development or redesign occurs, and no profound attack strategy epiphany occurs.

    Player A, at 5100 trophies, gains no trophies. It doesn't matter how many attacks&defences are done.


    Next assume player B one day discovers the merit of good base design, and fixes his base. He is at 5100 trophies. Consistently from here on, he wins slightly more than he loses. Say will take him 100 attacks&defences to get to his new equilibrium level of 5150 trophies. Why does it matter if he gets there in less time than another player who chooses a lower number of attacks&defences if that were allowed? In time, he will get to 5150 trophies, and will no longer by winning net trophies.
    The trophy reset each month immediately puts almost evrybody into a state of disequilibrium, and only a fairly small proportion ever actually reach their equilibrium point befire it gets reset again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •