Thread: War pause

War pause

Yesterday we had 3 minutes left in war when the maintenance started. On completion of maintenance we had over 50 minutes left. I understand that the war needs to pause but why add another hour? This messed up our war timing

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by jjpb3 View Post
    Yesterday we had 3 minutes left in war when the maintenance started. On completion of maintenance we had over 50 minutes left. I understand that the war needs to pause but why add another hour? This messed up our war timing
    I understand that there are some clans that do back to back wars, but you could always just wait one day, and start at the usual time, could you?

When maintenance comes, you never know exactly how long it lasts... what if they would have just paused it and one, or two, of your clannies would have missed those last minute attacks that would have won you the war ....

Imagine the maintenance is over, those 3 mins remain, but RL has happened and you miss your attack.. But 45 mins later you can still do ur attack. Can give me that 50 mins extra, and have everyone in a relax position. I know end of war can be exciting, but i encourage the 50 mins being added to the maintenance.

War timers can easily be fixed, a lost war cause of a missed (final/dertermining) attack hurts more.
    Romy
    Friends and Fun #8UU228LC (Est. Dec 10th 2014)
    My accounts: Cannon Girl TH12, Tekashika TH11, Romy TH11, Vin TH10, Arya TH9

Forum Elder
    This has happened once in our favour, and once against us.
    One time the oppo were reeling off their attacks, and with just a single raid short of our score, the maintenance break kicked in.. They never attacked again during that war.
    2nd time, we were homing in on the win.. counter was running down, and the oppo didnt have their troops cooked.. I thought it was an hour added, but anyway, they used that extra time to beat us when the clock started again.
    All part of the game.. Some you win, some you lose. Maintenance breaks are necessary for tweaks and clean up.. They need folk to be able to get logged back on afterwards.

As for war timings.. Any clan that does back to back should be used to having to realign the start times as necessary. It is a normal function within the system, since matches arent usually instantaneous.

I would say adding an extra hour to war because of maintenience is a nice gesture and is only a minor inconvenience for timing of wars.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; September 13th, 2019 at 06:30 PM.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Back to back worked great when we had TH tens GoWiPe ing for two stars at the top of our map in 2014. Over the years we moved to three a week so the start time doesn't get spun around the clock in strange ways. It is less stressful when everyone knows our wars start and end around a certain time. The odd long search, update, or maintenance doesn't throw us off by much or for long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    If they could implement a family clan feature, allowing movement between2 clans without the leave and get accepted system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    We WOULD like to create some kind of "social network" to provide support systems to Clan families. It's been something on the discussion table before, but hasn't really moved beyond that.