Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nerf to Hog Glider, was it needed?

Nerf to Hog Glider, was it needed?

So my hog glider experience is very limited, so curious from those that have been using them or had them used against you. Did you expect the Hog Glider to get nerfed?

Didn't seem op to me. But neither did regular hogs.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Forum Legend
    Maxed Hog Gliders have been exclusive to people using Power Potions or people who have used a lot of books, hammers, runes on them specifically for a long time.

Now, more players that haven't sped up their progress have access to Hog Gliders and of course they need to be nerfed.

In reality, Hog Gliders are only effective against players that haven't adjusted their base yet. They are not really OP.

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats

Forum Elder
    I want to say no, but they were a tad OP on certain bases. If people stopped using the bracket base and bases similar in structure hogs would just be 'really good', kinda where Pekka/cart was for a long time. And , they should be kinda strong! They are the new troop, the BH9 troop, why make them the same as everything else? Why nerf them to average at best??

Oh gee back to minion drops or pekka carts, just like we used for the last 2 years. Yawn.

Centennial Club
    Absolutely IMO, using bases from some top BB players and it wrecks everytime. The long stun on crushers combined with pekkas leaves either the opponent with a 3 star or a high one star (if they screwed up. Tap a few times to throw pekkas down then send in the hog gliders to stun.

I take it most people saying no need for a nerf or saying it's "not that good" are using this strategy with great success but there's a reason why it would be nerfed...supercell has all the data on win rates and percentages so it was probably OP which is why they made the change.

I dunno. Never faced them.

Im super proud to boast this awesome pic! Thanks TullSadum for signing me up and DragonX101 for the sig pic!

Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    Maxed Hog Gliders have been exclusive to people using Power Potions or people who have used a lot of books, hammers, runes on them specifically for a long time.

Now, more players that haven't sped up their progress have access to Hog Gliders and of course they need to be nerfed.

In reality, Hog Gliders are only effective against players that haven't adjusted their base yet. They are not really OP.

/Affront
    I realize that it’s very tough to release a new troop and get the balance right, but it always leaves a bad taste in my mouth when the new troop gets nerfed before the ftp players get it maxed. Seen it happen way too many times, that I would not even consider spending money to get the new troop maxed, cause usually the nerf is coming.

I was a bit surprised the minion drops was not changed, that is the attack I see most often by far in the 4000-4500 range.

Quote Originally Posted by blackba View Post
    I realize that it’s very tough to release a new troop and get the balance right, but it always leaves a bad taste in my mouth when the new troop gets nerfed before the ftp players get it maxed. Seen it happen way too many times, that I would not even consider spending money to get the new troop maxed, cause usually the nerf is coming.

I was a bit surprised the minion drops was not changed, that is the attack I see most often by far in the 4000-4500 range.
    I had them maxed about a month before nerf and didn't gem or book them. Funny, I did poorly with them pre nerf. Ok post.

Minion drops is fading as everyone upgrades key defenses. All my firecrackers, air bomb, roaster, mega teslamaxed. I defend pretty well vs minion drops.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    I had them maxed about a month before nerf and didn't gem or book them. Funny, I did poorly with them pre nerf. Ok post.

Minion drops is fading as everyone upgrades key defenses. All my firecrackers, air bomb, roaster, mega teslamaxed. I defend pretty well vs minion drops.
    So what are you using now and is it working for you?

It all depends on the base. Pre-nerf, I could 3 star pretty much any BH9 unless I made some stupid mistakes and ended up with a 1 star since I would use all max hogs and the Battle Machine to take out the Guard post troops. Now, I'm using 1 pekka and the battle machine, rest hogs. It works well but only on select few bases, especially at the 5000+ range where I am now. The funny thing is just now I 3 starred with hogs+pekka combo, then got to the next base and saw that it was definitely not suitable for hogs so I attacked with 3 minions and 3 drops and also 3 starred. The trick at the 5000+ range is getting a base that can defend against both hogs/pekka/cannon cart and also air attacks, this is a very hard balance to find since we all have max troops now at 5000+ so we can finally change our attack strategies based on the base we see. All in all, the hog nerf was definitely needed but -9% was probably a bit steep.
    Work until your idols become your rivals