Thread: HD Derby issues

HD Derby issues

Hay Day has become very popular everywhere. The derby starts at Helsinki time. It is impossible for my team to win. I live in Oregon, US, PST. My team would have to wake up at 1a.m. (derby start time here), & stay awake all night in order to have a chance to be in top 3. This is not fair! Why doesn't HD just have the derby start time based on time zones (of team leader) & just go for 168 hours? I often lose sleep just so my team can win a deby.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

The ‘clock’ used for all HD events is the Coordinated Universal Time or UTC. And while it seems that you are at a disadvantage in the derby, you can use the time difference to your advantage.

Your NH is not matched up until you take the first task. It’s not like you are racing against others that started 6 or 9 hours before you.

If you search ‘delayed derby start’ you can find some strategies that may be useful. If you wait until your NH is awake and have some tasks on the board that can be done quickly, THEN take your first tasks and get them done quickly. Sometimes this means you have pulled ahead of other teams and can keep the lead. Trashing the board, prepping a few tasks, and waiting to start is very popular among many NH’s.

You may also want to try to recruit members that live in other time zones and promote them to elder. This way they can help trash the board and load it with tasks your NH likes before you even wake up.
    Level 160
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

Quote Originally Posted by NamsPhillips View Post
    Hay Day has become very popular everywhere. The derby starts at Helsinki time. It is impossible for my team to win. I live in Oregon, US, PST. My team would have to wake up at 1a.m. (derby start time here), & stay awake all night in order to have a chance to be in top 3. This is not fair! Why doesn't HD just have the derby start time based on time zones (of team leader) & just go for 168 hours? I often lose sleep just so my team can win a deby.
    Worse here. Derby and events start at 3am for me. Being globally connected, night and day become irrelevant. Definitely a real life disruption and sleep disorder. I guess it is just a luck of the draw where on the planet you are located and the time it starts.

One could say, derby goes for all week so there is plenty of time to play. But we know things are different in champions league, especially for those the diamond player teams. It is not only getting max score but who gets its first, wins the trophy and victory.

When you say it is impossible for your team to win, perhaps your team is a strategy team and getting beat by diamond blower teams. In champions league, the system usually injects at least one or more of those types of teams into your 14 team group of competitors. If that is the situation, you are likely not going to win the first place anyway.

Delay Starting allows derby to start when you want it to....
    An advantage is for everyone on your team not to take a task until everyone is ready to start. In effect your derby does not really start until the first task is taken. At that moment your team becomes available to the system which is assembling a 15 group of teams that are starting around the same time from around the world. Unfortunately there is a risk to delay starting. Sometimes the system will add in a team that already has a bunch of tasks already completed. It is really unfair to the others that are just starting derby at that time. Your team would have the unpleasant challenge to catch up to that team.

Another thing to consider that you may or may not have realized...
    At the beginning hours of derby there usually appears to be a high occurrence of 320 tasks appearing on the board. Then as time progresses it usually slacks off where there has to be much trashing just to get some 320s to play. I suspect this has been designed this way to get most players started on some tasks and less frustration of wait in the beginning. Sometimes it has gotten so bad during the derby week that the task board becomes a zone of death with little to no 320s appearing for hours. The consideration here in derbies such as this, it may be best to start derby right away and get as many 320 tasks done before they stop appearing so readily.