Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What have you read lately?

I'm grinding through the Wheel of Time series (mostly) by Robert Jordan... for the second time, haha.
    They really are amazing. Just overly lengthy. If you want a really detailed fiction book to occupy for the next few months... read this. It's over 10k pages (but I'm reading it digitally).

~ Strider
    Clan: Reddit Troopers | Level: 80 | TH: 8| Awesomeness: Over 9000! | 10/200 L8 Walls
    Will be helping in Android Bugs & Problems Temporarily.
    Quote Originally Posted by darklord1221 View Post
    SC should've gave us to max storages for 1 gem for xmas
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatoneguyIknow View Post
    And I was here thinking this was so much different than global

I've started the Harry Potter series again since going to an exhibit with some original movie props
    Level 74 - Playing since July 2012 || Barn/Silo: 1050/1000 || Farm Score: 8 476 255 || Achievements: 89/99
    Trades: [Building supplies]-[Expansion Items]-[Dairy Products]-[Sugar]
    PM or Kik: KMDelamoraHayDay

Quote Originally Posted by GladeMaid View Post
    Yes, I have Whitethorn Woods, and have read Tara Road... but will look up Copper Beech and Silver Lake and see how much they cost, seeing as you recommend them.
    Funny I haven't read her most popular, Tara road...guess no one is willing to part with their copy

i hope you find the CB & SL, can't wait to hear what you thought of them
    "I've grown tired of the articulate utterances of men and things. The mystical in art, the mystical in life, the mystical in nature, this is what I am looking for and in the great symphonies of music, the initiation of sorrow, and in the depths of the sea I may find it. It is absolutely necessary for me to find it somewhere." -O. Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    I'm grinding through the Wheel of Time series (mostly) by Robert Jordan... for the second time, haha.
    They really are amazing. Just overly lengthy. If you want a really detailed fiction book to occupy for the next few months... read this. It's over 10k pages (but I'm reading it digitally).

~ Strider
    Tell us about this series...maybe I will have to take a look for it...sounds interesting
    "I've grown tired of the articulate utterances of men and things. The mystical in art, the mystical in life, the mystical in nature, this is what I am looking for and in the great symphonies of music, the initiation of sorrow, and in the depths of the sea I may find it. It is absolutely necessary for me to find it somewhere." -O. Wilde

Just finished "whitethorn woods" Maeve Binchey is an exquisite storyteller! Now what to read next........

Quote Originally Posted by Neen View Post
    Just finished "whitethorn woods" Maeve Binchey is an exquisite storyteller! Now what to read next........
    Quentin's, while Whitethorn is still fresh in your mind.
    GladeMaid
    RSS Name - Glade's Auckland Farm: Level - 116: Achievements - 124/132 Masteries - 31/??. Barn/Silo - Never big enough! Bring back Game Centre Friend Requests!

Photo: Great Spotted Kiwi - Mark Jones, Auscape Intl

Oh! I bet character overlap?! I love that I think I know someone who has that book...I'm excited now! Thx GM!

Glad you are enjoying Maeve Binchy Neen. There is book out called "Maeve's Times and is her columns from when she worked for an newspaper and it is very funny. When you have finished the books have a look for that. She died last year [I think] and this is edited by her husband.

Farm Level 171. Town 52. 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.

I'm currently reading Eleanore of Aquitaine by Alison Weir.

Quote Originally Posted by Gymgirl4a View Post
    Glad you are enjoying Maeve Binchy Neen. There is book out called "Maeve's Times and is her columns from when she worked for an newspaper and it is very funny. When you have finished the books have a look for that. She died last year [I think] and this is edited by her husband.
    Oh, this brought tears to my eyes. Must read it.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlMixALot View Post
    I'm currently reading Eleanore of Aquitaine by Alison Weir.
    Are you enjoying it? What's it about?