Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What have you read lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Neen View Post
    Randomchick, don't give up on reading!

I just cannot stop reading Maeve binchy. Whenever I finish one, another appears somehow. She one of the greatest writers! Anyone ever read one? Pure enjoyment, inexplicably personal...
    Lol I won't (hopefully) I just get so distracted by Hay Day. I really do need to catch up on my reading though. Oh and you can tell I don't read much because I have no idea what most people are talking about on this thread (authors & books), well besides Stephen King but that's about it....
    HD Level: 116 | Farm Name: Fifty Sheds of Hay | Neighborhood: 3x Friends

Don't feel that way! There are soooooo many authors out there...I just happened to stumble upon Binchey. I usually go to used book sales and look for anything interesting...it's hit or miss but when I find a good author, I can't get enough! Loved the hunger games too.
    "I've grown tired of the articulate utterances of men and things. The mystical in art, the mystical in life, the mystical in nature, this is what I am looking for and in the great symphonies of music, the initiation of sorrow, and in the depths of the sea I may find it. It is absolutely necessary for me to find it somewhere." -O. Wilde

Don't feel that way! There are soooooo many authors out there...I just happened to stumble upon Binchey. I usually go to used book sales and look for anything interesting...it's hit or miss but when I find a good author, I can't get enough! Loved the hunger games too.
    Oh yes there are great books out there. I have SO many free ebooks on my kindle from authors ive never heard of and they actually turned out to be great along with many others that I've purchased. I really enjoyed the hunger games also. Lol books seem so strange to me now, I should think about reading more. Gotta catch up on my Pretty Little Liars but its so different than the show & it gets confusing lol.
    HD Level: 116 | Farm Name: Fifty Sheds of Hay | Neighborhood: 3x Friends

Maeve Binchy?

Farm Level 176. Town 54. 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.

Quote Originally Posted by Gymgirl4a View Post
    Maeve Binchy?
    Yes, are you a fan, too?
    GladeMaid
    RSS Name - Glade's Auckland Farm: Level - 116: Achievements - 124/132 Masteries - 31/??. Barn/Silo - Never big enough! Bring back Game Centre Friend Requests!

Photo: Great Spotted Kiwi - Mark Jones, Auscape Intl

Banned
    Loved the the hunger games!

I went through a Japanese phase...top picks are "the nightingale floor". Amazing & I think it's a trilogy...another is "along the takaido road". Of course the classic "shogun". All three are great reads. (If u are interested in a great book that takes place in China, gotta read "the good earth"!!)

as as for what I'm reading now...anything by Maeve Binchey that I can get my hands on...one of the most amazing modern writers!!
    Have only just seen this! forgot about this thread if I'm honest :P I'll have to have a look for those books Neen

I'm reading The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern its brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Gymgirl4a View Post
    Maeve Binchy?
    AMAZING author...stories about realistic people that usually take place in Ireland (where my sis lives so I feel closer to her when I read them) although one I read took place in a small fishing village in Greece. I recomend silver lake & the copper beech- so good! She has an amazing ability to create characters that you instantly care about. I hate those books where you're like...who is that again? You know?
    Last edited by Neen; February 12th, 2014 at 05:09 PM.
    "I've grown tired of the articulate utterances of men and things. The mystical in art, the mystical in life, the mystical in nature, this is what I am looking for and in the great symphonies of music, the initiation of sorrow, and in the depths of the sea I may find it. It is absolutely necessary for me to find it somewhere." -O. Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by randomchic12 View Post
    Oh yes there are great books out there. I have SO many free ebooks on my kindle from authors ive never heard of and they actually turned out to be great along with many others that I've purchased. I really enjoyed the hunger games also. Lol books seem so strange to me now, I should think about reading more. Gotta catch up on my Pretty Little Liars but its so different than the show & it gets confusing lol.
    My sister in law watches that show & loves it! Lmk what you pick up next...

Quote Originally Posted by bear199311 View Post
    Have only just seen this! forgot about this thread if I'm honest :P I'll have to have a look for those books Neen

I'm reading The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern its brilliant!
    Lmk what you think! The night circus sounds interesting...what's it about?

Well said. Will have to check out Nora lofts. Almost done with "whitethorn woods". Did you read "the copper beech" or "silver lake"? My two binchey favs.
    Yes, I have Whitethorn Woods, and have read Tara Road, but not Copper Beech or Silver Lake. I also have Quentins, which has characters from both Whitethorn Woods and Tara Road in it. I've also read Circle of Friends.

I have almost every book Nora Lofts wrote, 34 in all in my library. She wrote a couple of trilogies that are just brilliant. Keep an eye out for her books if you go to secondhand book shops or fairs. I just love everything she wrote.

Since getting my ipad mini, i find real books a hassle, and so have been mainly reading free books, but will look up Copper Beech and Silver Lake and see how much they cost, seeing as you recommend them.
    GladeMaid
    RSS Name - Glade's Auckland Farm: Level - 116: Achievements - 124/132 Masteries - 31/??. Barn/Silo - Never big enough! Bring back Game Centre Friend Requests!

Photo: Great Spotted Kiwi - Mark Jones, Auscape Intl