Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What have you read lately?

Quote Originally Posted by DeafDucky View Post
    I've added Devil in the White City to my "to read" list as well as A Woman who rides the Beast- both sound interesting.

I'm into mystery books a great deal. I'll give anything a shot at least once lol. Right now I'm reading Patricia Cornwell's latest Hmm can't remember the name as it's in the other room...:P. Actual paperback books I like...holding a book really feels better sometimes (plus if I read in the bathtub and drop it I'm only out 5-7.00 or less).
    I believe the name of her last book was Dust.....I finished it recently. I actually don't have anything new to read right now....I need to go to Books A Million and finish using my gift card my hubby gave me for Christmas. I definitely have a book addiction problem so I try not to go to the book store too often. I'm constantly searching for free books on my Kindle and iPad....I like free. There has been some good suggestions made......I may have to make a library run.

I take that back....I do have one book I need to finish....the 5th book in the Game of Thrones series.
    Proud Member of HDAA (HayDay Addicts Anonymous) working on my addiction, 1 wheat field at a time
    Please PM for Farm ID
    Level: 144 | Town Level: 39
    |Achievements:143/144| Wheating since March 15, 2013

anyone read battlefield earth? Movie was a joke, seriously embarrassing for john travolta but the book on the other hand was amazing!
    "I've grown tired of the articulate utterances of men and things. The mystical in art, the mystical in life, the mystical in nature, this is what I am looking for and in the great symphonies of music, the initiation of sorrow, and in the depths of the sea I may find it. It is absolutely necessary for me to find it somewhere." -O. Wilde

The Redbreast by Jo Nesbo. Who knew Norway was a hotbed of fascism?
    GladeMaid
    RSS Name - Glade's Auckland Farm: Level - 116: Achievements - 124/132 Masteries - 31/??. Barn/Silo - Never big enough! Bring back Game Centre Friend Requests!

Photo: Great Spotted Kiwi - Mark Jones, Auscape Intl

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Neen View Post
    anyone read battlefield earth? Movie was a joke, seriously embarrassing for john travolta but the book on the other hand was amazing!
    Hahah i remember that movie for all the wrong reasons lol was so so bad , ill have to give the book a chance.
    Addicted and loving it! Daily player
    Add me on gc :Epc2014
    kik: tam290
    lev 46
    Neighbourhood : Funky chicken (your welcome to join)

Quote Originally Posted by hodown View Post
    Hahah i remember that movie for all the wrong reasons lol was so so bad , ill have to give the book a chance.
    After the damage that movie has done, I hope you can put that aside to get into the book! Movie was overly simplistic, corny and what's up with people reverting "back" to cave men? Pleeze...I hate the movie as much as I love the book 👍
    "I've grown tired of the articulate utterances of men and things. The mystical in art, the mystical in life, the mystical in nature, this is what I am looking for and in the great symphonies of music, the initiation of sorrow, and in the depths of the sea I may find it. It is absolutely necessary for me to find it somewhere." -O. Wilde

I used to read alot before I found HD. But now I haven't even picked up my kindle for a few weeks to a month or so. But if remember correctly the latest books I've read included: the 50 Shades of Gray series, The Pretty Little Liars series by Sara Shepard, & The Hunger Games Series. It's been so long I forgot two of the authors' names & I'm to lazy to check right now (lol).
    HD Level: 116 | Farm Name: Fifty Sheds of Hay | Neighborhood: 3x Friends

Randomchick, don't give up on reading!

I just cannot stop reading Maeve binchy. Whenever I finish one, another appears somehow. She one of the greatest writers! Anyone ever read one? Pure enjoyment, inexplicably personal...

Quote Originally Posted by Neen View Post
    Randomchick, don't give up on reading!

I just cannot stop reading Maeve binchy. Whenever I finish one, another appears somehow. She one of the greatest writers! Anyone ever read one? Pure enjoyment, inexplicably personal...
    Yes, as, I really enjoy her books as well. I like authors who create a world with cross-over characters. It adds something when you unexpectedly meet a character in one book that you've met in a previous book. Stephen King does that brilliantly as well. Another authoress that I still enjoy reading although her books are out of print now is Norah Lofts. She was a brilliant storyteller and used the cross-over technique to great advantage.
    GladeMaid
    RSS Name - Glade's Auckland Farm: Level - 116: Achievements - 124/132 Masteries - 31/??. Barn/Silo - Never big enough! Bring back Game Centre Friend Requests!

Photo: Great Spotted Kiwi - Mark Jones, Auscape Intl

Well said. Will have to check out Nora lofts. Almost done with "whitethorn woods". Did you read "the copper beech" or "silver lake"? My two binchey favs.

Just started reading "Code Name: Johnny Walker". Very good read, so far.
    Level 95 Farm - Level 27 Town
    134/141 Achievements - 20 Machines Mastered
    iOS Player
    GC: Hog_Fan
    KiK: HDHog_Fan