Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm Officially Over The Valley

first season 6 permits, last season 4 permits, now 1 permit
    ah well, i go for the mystery boxes then and hopefully i'll get the boatstatue, got 16 chickens in one day; shouldn't be a problem i think.
    Leader of HOOD#: PCYQYY80
    ID#:
    2Y9OUPGOU
    LVL: 116
    KIK: Timpie1980

Centennial Club
    I am dismayed as well. Only have 1 permit this time, had three (if I remember correctly) last season. Had one 1 the first season as well. I too could not figure out the exclusive decoration was a boat without reading the title. That is a sad commentary on easier my eyesight or their decoration.

Dont think we will I’ll have an issue with collecting the chickens because we ar already at 27 with other than my hoodies collecting 6 of the 27. We have only had 5 from my hood participate so far but think at least 2 more will be hit or miss in the Valley. I would love to skip over the Valley but want to help out my lower level hood mates. However, without any improvements, this will be my last Season participating.

Iím not happy with the rewards, need to spend lot of time but return is 0

I was hardly defender of the valley ... still am, love all the event ... the reward, this is bonus, nothing more ... but without the permits and the booster on the end, i will not play it because all other things are too expensive in regard of the rest of the farm ... saw, axe decoration, sorry, but you can have that for very less efforts in other parts of the farm.
    Farm level 136 ... Town 40

Quote Originally Posted by Griggy View Post
    In Season one I was able to get 6 expansion scrolls. In season two I was offered zero of them, and now I find I am not offered any in season three as well.
    I am at level 136, have gained all achievements, all fishing medals, all sanctuary animals, all machines at full mastery, all pets. The only thing left for me is to open up the last 5 pieces of land. I need 70 expansion scrolls and have never received more than 1 in the derby rewards. My only hope was that I would have some play for them in the Valley.

Sorry to the people who are in the same valley as me, but I will not be wasting my time chasing chickens etc.

I will simply stick to helping my hood in the derby. I'm totally unimpressed with this new feature - it hasn't improved my game play at all.
    I do relate, between getting my season started (last season token issue - thanks to those who helped and I still don't get why it happened to begin with) and only getting 99/100 chickens last season, I got close to 80 of them myself (getting 3-4, sometimes 5 per day)... literally, ran out of fuel and fuel tasks and could not get the last one... it has really been burning me out... the clouds are still a nuisance, though I believe I understand their purpose.

I am in the same situation as you, as a maxed player (town almost included - all except the buildings that take SEMs or BEMs - though they could be if I really wanted them to be fully mastered) there is not much for me to do but a weekly derby (maybe a global event if the global prize is deemed worth it - sorry 10 diamonds is not worth it for me...) and try to gain BEMs and SEMs for silo and barn. I just don't feel like there is enough development going on for higher level/maxed players to keep them engaged... at least Clash of Clans mostly focuses on the higher level players that sometimes trickle down to lower players (be it a new troop or spell at a lower level for lower level players)... which makes sense because eventually lower level players will reach the content released for higher level players. For us, we get a few new products/crops in machines we have already unlocked and mastered... so basically, nothing new. Sure, they give us more land, but it's not really needed without new machines or plants/bushes...

Time and time again, I have heard SC feedback that they don't want to just focus on higher level updates because than lower levels do not reap the benefits - well, yes, they will. They just have to work and build up to unlock them like any other crop/machine. My view, a level 50 farm has a lot to look forward to, 12 machines total plus everything that comes with them. On the other side, a level 100 farm has NOTHING to look/work towards unlocking other than land and barn/silo. But, without the need to really play, I just upgrade those as I acquire the items.

This Valley Season, I have 5 scrolls as potential rewards - would need about 1400 of each token to get them all.

That's false! At 102 you unlock the awesome plum smoothie!
    (Hiding under the table).

Quote Originally Posted by BULIGO View Post
    That's false! At 102 you unlock the awesome plum smoothie!
    (Hiding under the table).
    lol - yes, you are correct, a smoothie on the same machine you unlocked at level 64 with the crop you unlocked at level 94.

Centennial Club
    My NH is participating in the Valley (most of us) but it is wildly out of balance for work to reward. For example, today, I planted soy, filled crates and fed cows. To get my 20 suns, I collected one saw from feeding cows. I got a 7 on the wheel and visited two shops, earning 17 blue, 19 pink, and 6 green tokens. For 50 suns, I planted soy and received 1 ax, 1 screw and 1 plank. At 100, I received 3 axes, 1 saw and 1 duct tape and a mallet for feeding cows. At 200, 4 axes, 1 bolt, 1 land deed, 2 marker stakes and 1 other item from feeding cows which I failed to write down. These last three spins allowed me to collect 34 green tokens, 51 pink, and 44 blue tokens. This was in addition to what I received from my free spin and the previously mentioned 20 sun spin. I also used fuel to collect 2 roadside chickens.

This was a tremendous amount of work to earn about 25% of the tokens needed to by an ax. Why would I do that? I earned 6 axes while earning suns to get tokens all so I could buy an ax: that makes no sense. However, it does make sense to work hard to buy items you cannot otherwise obtain easily or in sufficient quantity...permits, puzzle pieces, unique or older decorations, etc.

Since I have only 2 permits available and a bunch of puzzle pieces, I will buy my permits, maybe a puzzle piece or two and the diamonds. Not interested in another ax that I can earn 2-3 of just feeding my horses which takes 10 carrots and takes 2 seconds of my time.

Clearly someone did not think this through. Does SC not have a statistician on the team or in office who can do some predictability calculations or analyze player behavior or anticipated behavior based on past actions of players? I would gladly do some analysis for them if I had access TotM he information needed.

Quote Originally Posted by HeaveninTN View Post
    Since I have only 2 permits available and a bunch of puzzle pieces, I will buy my permits, maybe a puzzle piece or two and the diamonds. Not interested in another ax that I can earn 2-3 of just feeding my horses which takes 10 carrots and takes 2 seconds of my time.

Clearly someone did not think this through. Does SC not have a statistician on the team or in office who can do some predictability calculations or analyze player behavior or anticipated behavior based on past actions of players? I would gladly do some analysis for them if I had access TotM he information needed.
    yeah I agree. Go figure someone is silly enough to buy these when you can get them so easily in other parts of the game. It’s a total insane rip off.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    I am dismayed as well. Only have 1 permit this time, had three (if I remember correctly) last season. Had one 1 the first season as well. I too could not figure out the exclusive decoration was a boat without reading the title. That is a sad commentary on easier my eyesight or their decoration....
    I'm in the same boat as you. When I first saw the exclusive decoration, I wondered to myself: Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's the Valley Boat with wings? Um, ok and my eyes were rolling.

I'd like to submit the following suggestion to Team Hay Day. Please forward your decorations to every Supercell employee and ask them to tell you what the object is supposed to be. I wouldn't know it represented a boat until I saw the words Valley Boat. That's not good, IMO.

...Clearly someone did not think this through. Does SC not have a statistician on the team or in office who can do some predictability calculations or analyze player behavior or anticipated behavior based on past actions of players? I would gladly do some analysis for them if I had access TotM he information needed.
    First of all, thank you for offering your services to improve game play and benefit the HD community. I hope Team Hay Day may consider hiring you as a subcontractor to do some analysis work.

---
    Lynn
    September 14, 2019
    What the hell?
    The L bunny is elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread