Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan got hacked, need help to regain

Losing your clan sucks. That’s a rough outcome.

Unfortunately the root cause of this is your leader’s password security. How is account came to be compromised is why this happened, not because SC banned the hacker. There is a lot worse in life that can happen than losing a clan if someone manages to access your information. The learnings are there for your leader to look at how their account became compromised - both their CoC account, and any others - and make sure it doesn’t happen again.

As a clan you have a thing to rally behind at least - getting back to L10 - so possibly it gives you all a new reason to find some enjoyment/purpose in play going forward.
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    Part of Sheepdogs - woof!
    TH11 - LOJY8UUP9

Thanks @Quali for understanding and boosting,
    However, all that happened gave me feeling of discouragement and disheartening ☹️ to the extent that I did not even play the game even once within these 2 days, despite of knowingly degraded from legend league to titan1, just because I didn't attack ☹️☹️☹️. I don't feel like to play now. I don't know till when but it sucks☹️☹️☹️
    Last edited by Apurva01; 1 Week Ago at 02:39 PM.

Also I have one more thing to say which our clan leader just mentioned and seems to be quite to the point to me that->
    now coc account is linked with supercell and not directly to gmail. Although the otp did come to gmail. But, not directly linked. And, the gmail account is well secured.
    The hacker didn't hack through gmail. He hacked the game account only which is linked to supercell id. And, the account is compromised means the hacker had done something to supercell id which is there responsibility. Bcoz there is no otp and some think like that in gmail. The account is compromised through coc security...so there is no point to blame us.

Quote Originally Posted by Apurva01 View Post
    now coc account is linked with supercell and not directly to gmail.
    was the account previously saved with gplay and now after "hacker" the account is saved with supercell id?

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    was the account previously saved with gplay and now after "hacker" the account is saved with supercell id?
    Yes I spoke to the leader again,he told account was previously saved with gplay, but after being hacked it was not being able to login with SC id.
    So he reported this to in-game support through another coc account. His leadership account was detached from gmail. After contacting in-game support only he was able to connect that account to Gmail again and that's how recovered it back.
    Hence, all this proves that it was not a Gmail security issue that was faced. It was something related to SC id only.

Yes I spoke to the leader again,he told account was previously saved with gplay, but after being hacked it was not being able to login with SC id.
    So he reported this to in-game support through another coc account. His leadership account was detached from gmail. After contacting in-game support only he was able to connect that account to Gmail again and that's how recovered it back.
    Hence, all this proves that it was not a Gmail security issue that was faced. It was something related to SC id only.
    So it had no SC ID associated with it before the hack?
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    Part of Sheepdogs - woof!
    TH11 - LOJY8UUP9

Quote Originally Posted by Quali View Post
    So it had no SC ID associated with it before the hack?
    It had associated SC id before hack, but after being malefic due to the hacking reason he could not able to use the already available SC id for login, it didn't allow him to login to game account. So he recovered same SC id with help of support group in-game.

It had associated SC id before hack,
    but you said two times that his account was first saved with gplay and not supercell id.

now coc account is linked with supercell and not directly to gmail.

anyway it is all over now. your leader has his account back and the clan is lost forever. good luck with the new clan.👍