Thread: Clan Merge Feature

Clan Merge Feature

The biggest problem I feel in the game today is the QUALITY of clans. The game is called Clash of CLANS. There are too many clans out there that are simply not active enough as a whole. This leads to boring wars, boring CWLs, lackluster clan games, and overall Lackluster-ness which leads to players quitting the game. We need to put more players in position to be part of ACTIVE clans. There are many players out there that feel stuck in their clans. They may be the clan leaders themselves who are too proud to go out and find another clan or don't have time to recruit (which is very hard by the way). I see a lot of clans that have around 3-5 active players and the rest of the clan is dead. So here's what I propose:

A Clan merge feature. It's a window of opportunity that appears Once a Month, for a few days. Perhaps 2-3 days. I think the perfect time is in between CWL and clan games, preferably right before clan games.

There are 2 options: A) Accepting Clan. B) Journeymen

For Accepting Clans, there are Filters such as: Country, Language, Town Hall Level Minimum they are willing to accept. I also think there should be a minimum number of players to be eligible to be an Accepting Clan. A new clan with 7 players in it shouldn't be able to be an accepting clan. Perhaps you need at least 25-30 members.

For Journeymen, the filters would be: Country and Language. I would not put clan level here as the lower level clans will get shuffled out.

The clans that select "Accepting Clan" are the ones that are willing to accept a certain number of players. So for example, lets say there's an active clan with 38 players and they want to recruit 10 players, and just leave 2 spots open for themselves. They would check mark their filters, indicate the number of players they're recruiting and submit. Once they hit submit, the amount of spots they are looking for must be kept open. When the recruiting period is over, they receive that number of players (or close to it). It could be any combo of 10 players (6 players from same clan, 3 players from another clan, solo player from another, or 4-3-3, etc).

The clans that choose "Journeymen" are the clans that are willing to be merged into another clan. These are solo players or the clans with only a few players that are active and a lot of inactive. They would check mark the players that want to be merged, put in their parameters and submit. Obviously players that are in the same clan would travel together to another clan. When the recruitment period is over, they are instantly thrown into a clan that fits their parameters.

One of the main issues is rankings for journeymen when they leave their clans. Most of the players leaving their clans will have been leaders and coleaders. Well, unfortunately, the journeymen do not have leverage in this situation. They are the ones who are seeking the active clans. So it must be understood that they are giving up their leadership roles by leaving their clans. If they are good clanmates eventually in most normal clans they will earn promotions. At least in return for giving up their leadership roles, they are receiving theoretically an active clan.

This system wouldn't be perfect, but I think a lot of good would come from it. This would occur once a month in the event that journeymen didn't like the clans that they were sent to. They are free to leave the clan, or get kicked if its the other way around. But thats the worst thing that could happen. At least there would be a full clan just in time for clan games which benefits the clan. It's a time when people can build up some comriderie, get to know each other, and potentially build a stronger clan. There would also be some great matchings though. And even if it ends up being a small percentage of great matchings, it ultimately makes the game healthier.

This game needs people to come together. That's the biggest threat in my opinion. Many great things don't happen because people don't come together. It's not the gameplay, or the balancing, or all the other great features that the game has, its the player base being too spread out. More quality clans will lead to better wars, CWLs, clan games, better overall experience.

Any feedback is welcome.

Not for, not opposed. Just curious. What is different now? Newbs have been creating clans and posting various versions of free co bro since forever. Personally, we havent had great luck with clan mergers. Hard to find a good clan culture fit. With your idea, it's mostly random. I would want a ton of filters. Adult. Toen hall level. Heroes level. Base advancement level. But I'm picky. I can afford to be with a mostly full clan and not much churn. Might be good for others. Or might create chaos.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Not for, not opposed. Just curious. What is different now? Newbs have been creating clans and posting various versions of free co bro since forever. Personally, we havent had great luck with clan mergers. Hard to find a good clan culture fit. With your idea, it's mostly random. I would want a ton of filters. Adult. Toen hall level. Heroes level. Base advancement level. But I'm picky. I can afford to be with a mostly full clan and not much churn. Might be good for others. Or might create chaos.
    I agree. Seems way too complicated anyway. I’m all for a feature that links clans or promotes clan families, but this is way too much. I can see it causing way more problems than it’s worth.

So, I think at the very least it opens a door to a conversation. As far as the mechanics, its certainly not complicated. I guess we can add more parameters for Accepting clans. I think this would be a great opener from a clan games standpoint. Perhaps the players get thrown into the clan exactly when clan games begins. Clan games has a unifying quality to it. All players should have the opportunity to enjoy clan games benefits. Chaos can be quickly solved by kicking rude players just like in any other scenario. I think there would be a good number of genuine players looking for active clans. You also can choose not to do it as well. I do understand the churn. But option is a nice thing.
    Last edited by vincenzo1234; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:49 PM.

Centennial Club
    I suggest that clans or player who are willing to go on journeyment do not need this feature as they will organize their journey by themselves today.
    The clans and players who should go and find a new clan today but didn't do it due to several reasons will probably mostly take the 'accept' side and then wondering that noone like to go to their clan...

So this feature would have no positive outcome imho...
    TH12 (53/65/35) TH11 (50/50/20)
    TH10 (25/33/ -) TH9 (16/18/ -)