Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Opted out? Opted in? Show it on the main village view.

Forum Superstar

Opted out? Opted in? Show it on the main village view.

It's hard to get everyone in the clan to update their Opted In / Opted Out setting.

It takes five clicks to do it, and on the home village screen there is no indication of your setting.

Not infrequently, I or someone else has to tell a new player to the game how to find the war opt in/out setting, and it is surprisingly a difficult explanation.

War opt in/out status is obvious enough on clan view, where the leader looks, but for a member who is not at the top of the trophy ranks, they have to scroll down to even find themselves to see.

I suggest that one's war opt in/out status should be visually indicated by the background colour of the crossed swords icon/button on the far left. A green background means you are opted in. A red background means you are opted out.

Further, you should be able to change your opt in/out status from the screen accessed by touching that crossed swords icon/button on the far left.

(attempting to insert image)
    IMG_optinout.jpg
    Last edited by George1971; 6 Days Ago at 01:56 AM.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    It's hard to get everyone in the clan to update their Opted In / Opted Out setting.

It takes five clicks to do it, and on the home village screen there is no indication of your setting.

Not infrequently, I or someone else has to tell a new player to the game how to find the war opt in/out setting, and it is surprisingly a difficult explanation.

War opt in/out status is obvious enough on clan view, where the leader looks, but for a member who is not at the top of the trophy ranks, they have to scroll down to even find themselves to see.

I suggest that one's war opt in/out status should be visually indicated by the background colour of the crossed swords icon/button on the far left. A green background means you are opted in. A red background means you are opted out.
    That is exactly how it does work now?

Further, you should be able to change your opt in/out status from the screen accessed by touching that crossed swords icon/button on the far left.

IMG_optinout.jpg
    Well again, you can. Clicking that icon for your own account brings up a button for "profile", and clicking on that brings you to your profile, with the button there for "clan wars".
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    That is exactly how it does work now?

Well again, you can. Clicking that icon for your own account brings up a button for "profile", and clicking on that brings you to your profile, with the button there for "clan wars".
    Not sure why this is hard to communicate, but it is.

The button is the third from the bottom on the left. The bottom left button is the larger "Attack!" button. Above that is the training button. Above that is the war button.

The war button shows two swords crossed. The suggestion is that this button should include a color indicator, green/red, to show you one your main village screen whether you are opted in opted out.

Pressing this war button takes you to the war functions, EXCEPT it DOES NOT give you an option to Opt in or Opt out. Pressing this button does not bring up your profile.

Pressing this crossed swords war button brings up the war summary page. Outside war time, it brings up the last war summary page. During war, it brings up the war map. I think in both cases, there should be the green/red "Clan Wars" opt in/out status that tells you, by color, whether you are opt in/out, allows you to swap.

I think it should be more prominent, on the home village screen, and on the war map, whether you are opted in or out, and easier to change.

Having forgotten to change a alt. account back to opt in after a queen upgrade, is became clear to me why so many clan members also forget to fix it.

Ok. I get it now. So on the default view, looking at your base, the war button should be green or red. Sounds good to me.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Not sure why this is hard to communicate, but it is.

The button is the third from the bottom on the left. The bottom left button is the larger "Attack!" button. Above that is the training button. Above that is the war button.

The war button shows two swords crossed. The suggestion is that this button should include a color indicator, green/red, to show you one your main village screen whether you are opted in opted out.

Pressing this war button takes you to the war functions, EXCEPT it DOES NOT give you an option to Opt in or Opt out. Pressing this button does not bring up your profile.

Pressing this crossed swords war button brings up the war summary page. Outside war time, it brings up the last war summary page. During war, it brings up the war map. I think in both cases, there should be the green/red "Clan Wars" opt in/out status that tells you, by color, whether you are opt in/out, allows you to swap.

I think it should be more prominent, on the home village screen, and on the war map, whether you are opted in or out, and easier to change.

Having forgotten to change a alt. account back to opt in after a queen upgrade, is became clear to me why so many clan members also forget to fix it.
    Sorry, I misread your first post.

I thought you were talking about the icon on far left when showing clan members. I didn't realise you meant the war icon on the main village view.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Centennial Club
    I support this idea

What happens when the icon is red, but the leader puts you into war anyway? Of course there would be a little red number showing you have attacks remaining, but on top of a red icon? I don't think people would see it, or the fact that the whole icon is red would draw less attention to it. Solving one problem will create another.

A person's profile is one tap away by clicking the blue XP icon in the upper left. It's not hard for people to check it there. If someone forgets and they miss out on war, then maybe they'll pay more attention next time.

I really think co-leaders being able to change people's status will solve many more problems, and help this one.

Every time I see this thread title “Opted out? Opted in?” I immediately follow with “let me begin, I came to win, battle me that’s a sin.” Maybe it is because I hear it so much during Wisconsin Badgers games. Anyway, anything that makes it easier to see is an improvement in my opinion, although like Johnny says, I don’t see it as much of an issue anyway. It is very easy to see on your profile. I do suppose having it on your main page without going to the profile would make it even more obvious. Personally, the change I’d rather see on this related topic is the ability of the leader to turn players red/off.
    Last edited by 2222; 4 Days Ago at 02:55 PM.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    What happens when the icon is red, but the leader puts you into war anyway? Of course there would be a little red number showing you have attacks remaining, but on top of a red icon? I don't think people would see it, or the fact that the whole icon is red would draw less attention to it. Solving one problem will create another.

A person's profile is one tap away by clicking the blue XP icon in the upper left. It's not hard for people to check it there. If someone forgets and they miss out on war, then maybe they'll pay more attention next time.

I really think co-leaders being able to change people's status will solve many more problems, and help this one.
    No disagreement with the wish for leaders to turn inactive people red, but if that change WERE to happen, how do you expect the semi-active casual player to KNOW?

Yes, itís easy to get to your player profile, but why should your opt in/out status be hiding behind that layer? Facts are, members in my clan, young ones, have trouble finding it, and myself, flipping between a few accounts in a few clans, I find it tedious to check and wish for an indicator on the main village view.

Did you look at the image I tried to insert, but is only linked? The colouring is not the whole thing. The number of attacks left will still be obvious

IMG_optinout.jpg
    Here you go:

To insert an image, it must be either saved in forums (very small size), or on a host site, the address must be surrounded by the [img] ... [/img] codes.I screenshotted your image to make it mine, and hosted on imgbb. Other options are listed in my sig: ‘How to post pictures’ (but note that tinypic has stopped working for most, and imgur is a pain for forums on mobile... imgbb works same, and is inserted in same way).
    Edit: ‘reply with quote’ of this post will show the bb-code used to display the image here.