Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: September Balance Changes (Now Live!)

If it had only been a nerf to hogs, my opinion would have been that the 3 star rate isn’t too high so they should have buffed some other troops instead. However, since they also included a lot of other changes, my opinion is I just don’t know and we should give it some time to play out.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Why did you buff dragons? They were becoming a meta, and buffing them does not help...

Centennial Club
    Speculation...Could this minor balancing be in anticipation of the next update and hogs were too powerful when combined with some new feature we haven't seen? I'd be on board with that. As a Max 12 who likes hogs I only use them when I can plan a hit in war. Never for random legend bases while raiding. Maybe SC will drive meta to skilled troops while nerfing them at the same time? Exciting times.

Pro Member
    did anyone notice that now a loon hit and death damage will leave mortars and teslas at 4 hp rather than completely taking them out

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodgey View Post
    Why did you buff dragons? They were becoming a meta, and buffing them does not help...
    Perhaps because they needed a buff much like Valks and Golems. None of these troops are "meta" at the highest levels.

I use drags, but am in the minority as far as I can tell. Not even a single dragon used against me in Legend even during the recent event. I will occasionally see Valks in the CC and that's also the only way I use them.

Golems are pretty much nonexistent.

Above TH9 these are pretty rare troops to see used. Maybe this will help change that.

Had a cwl elite war with tribe. Lost of course but I would say more triples are using laloon than hogs. Why the hog nerf?

if anything, more than 90% def cc on BOTH sides are hound cc. If that does not say op, I am not sure what does.

if sc wants to encourage more variety, it starts with the def base. If every def cc is hound, it forces every attacker to Attack in similar ways.

See this? This is called not lazy balancing! Tweaking each level, intensely playtesting, well done!

Im super proud to boast this awesome pic! Thanks TullSadum for signing me up and DragonX101 for the sig pic!

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    ...if sc wants to encourage more variety, it starts with the def base. If every def cc is hound, it forces every attacker to Attack in similar ways.
    ...or they might nerf that part of the attack calling for the hound (queen charge).

TH12...level 243...65/65/40...gg 2 bil...ee 2 bil...hh 36 mil...atb 6032

Centennial Club
    Nerfing hog was a terrible decision by SC... absolutely unnecessary...also there was absolutely no need to buff the tesla and mortar HP as a single loon will no longer be able to take them out with 1 shot + death damage
    Last edited by Neptune01; September 9th, 2019 at 11:38 PM.
    Fully maxed TH12, 65/65/40

I wish it wasn’t a pattern, but...

Hogs get a new level, then soon after they are nerfed. Seems to happen a lot with troops.
    TH11. Clan: Omegas