Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 14 character limit

14 character limit

The 14 character limit is way too annoying and someone stole my name.. Despite it not showing up when I search it.. Is there a way I can have staff change mine to something shorter?
    Last edited by NeoslayerPW; September 9th, 2019 at 02:00 AM.

There is no means to search forum names. (There was at one time, but that was removed, since miners used that as a means to harvest IDs for spamming). If it does not allow you to take a name, it is because that name was already alloted. And yes, there can be an ID for which no post is found. As games were retired from the forums, those post were deleted.

You can though contact any Mod and request a name change. Just caution that if the name is already taken, expect an answer of "no".

(Note: There is a Neoslayer already taken: https://forum.supercell.com/member.p...6409-neoslayer, so that name is not available, if that is the one you desired. How did I find them without a name search? Edit your contact list, enter the name, find the person).
    Last edited by rowman; September 9th, 2019 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    There is no means to search forum names. (There was at one time, but that was removed, since miners used that as a means to harvest IDs for spamming). If it does not allow you to take a name, it is because that name was already alloted. And yes, there can be an ID for which no post is found. As games were retired from the forums, those post were deleted.

You can though contact any Mod and request a name change. Just caution that if the name is already taken, expect an answer of "no".

(Note: There is a Neoslayer already taken: https://forum.supercell.com/member.p...6409-neoslayer, so that name is not available, if that is the one you desired. How did I find them without a name search? Edit your contact list, enter the name, find the person).

My bad, I meant the 4 character limit for passwords

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoslayerPW View Post
    My bad, I meant the 4 character limit for passwords
    The stupid 14 character limit for passwords cannot be changed for an individual (and nor can we mods change it for the forum as a whole, that is one thing we don't have control over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)