Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CWL Length. 7 wars.. do you think this is too long?

CWL Length. 7 wars.. do you think this is too long?

So, another CWL is drawing to an end. 7 wars in 8 days.

Personally I think 7 wars is too long. I would like to see this reduced to 5 wars. I feel that by the 6 & 7th wars many players are tired of it. We also often find that by these last two wars more clans are not bothering to attack, leave CC empty, maybe they all have their 8 stars and happy to finish mid range?

Just wonder how others feel, do you like the 7 days, or would you like it shortened?

Thanks for reading.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 14
    TH: TH11 | AQ: L50 | BK: 44 | GW 15
    League: Titans II (Highest) | Max Tropies: 4500+
    Clan Formed: 16/03/2015

Quote Originally Posted by vansimon View Post
    So, another CWL is drawing to an end. 7 wars in 8 days.

Personally I think 7 wars is too long. I would like to see this reduced to 5 wars. I feel that by the 6 & 7th wars many players are tired of it. We also often find that by these last two wars more clans are not bothering to attack, leave CC empty, maybe they all have their 8 stars and happy to finish mid range?

Just wonder how others feel, do you like the 7 days, or would you like it shortened?

Thanks for reading.
    Sometimes i think 7 wars is too long. However in yhe higher leagues there is more engagement all the way through. The lower leagues are abominable.

Trainee
    For me, 7 is too many. I would prefer 4 or 5. But for the clan it gives options for swapping people in for the later wars.
    TH12 - 65/65/40
    Sir Hearty
    *SouthernAmber*

Ppl complain about everything in lower CWL leagues, jee...
    The same as they complain in Low Legend League.
    The solution? Git gud.
    GL

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by MyH4oBG View Post
    Ppl complain about everything in lower CWL leagues, jee...
    The same as they complain in Low Legend League.
    The solution? Git gud.
    GL
    This is the more obvious key for those that are getting bored.
    The biggest problem with the mid tiers is the wide range of skill levels, which get supplemented by progression levels.
    So you end up with higher skilled, lower weighted, mixed in with heavier, but lower skilled clans.

To OP..
    i am not sure shortening would accomplish anything except making it shorter.
    The reward requirements would likely need to be adjusted, in order to maximise peoples chances of gaining full rewards, so it is likely that the last day or two would be the same ( 100% medals would maybe need 6 stars instead of 8).

I took my accounts to our mini clan, and am working up from silver (gold 3 this season).
    It is the same every day from day 1 there.. Do your attacks daily, even though the opposition isnt going to bother.

It is what it is.. The only real decision is whether to enrol when it comes around.
    Fun is where you find it.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; September 8th, 2019 at 01:16 PM.

I like 7, it seems about perfect. I also like that it is just one week per month. That also seems about perfect. Those of us who do both types of wars are usually looking forward to the other around the time it is going to change. Those in my clan who only do one or the other find CWL happens just often enough.

As for what you experience toward the end of the season, that must be more of a low league thing as I've only seen it one time in Masters.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I like 7, it seems about perfect. I also like that it is just one week per month. That also seems about perfect. Those of us who do both types of wars are usually looking forward to the other around the time it is going to change. Those in my clan who only do one or the other find CWL happens just often enough.

As for what you experience toward the end of the season, that must be more of a low league thing as I've only seen it one time in Masters.
    I agree as I think 7 days with 7 wars is just about perfect (8 clans per group).

I think 5 days/5 wars (6 clans per group) would feel a bit short. Then you run into complications as some can participate more freely during the week while others have it easier on weekends.

The last option I can think of is 7 days, but only 6 wars (7 clans per group). Then 1 of the days would be a bye day (random for each clan). That might make it a bit easier for clans/players but would probably complicate he coding a bit (plus odd numbers for round robin donít look as nice).

Pro Member
    I Personally don’t see a problem with it - 1 Attack a Day for 7 Days is hardly Taxing but everyone is different

it's not taxing for those who just show up and attack... one attack per day. it is taxing for higher level th who are also leaders in mid-tier clans and have many responsibilities past getting their attack in.

SC could help this by allowing us to fill cc once rather than every day, and also by coming up with a better way to arrange bases based on defensive strength. currently many times the bottom th at one level is often an easier target than the top th at the next lower level. This makes it very time consuming to come up with a war strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    it's not taxing for those who just show up and attack... one attack per day. it is taxing for higher level th who are also leaders in mid-tier clans and have many responsibilities past getting their attack in.

SC could help this by allowing us to fill cc once rather than every day, and also by coming up with a better way to arrange bases based on defensive strength. currently many times the bottom th at one level is often an easier target than the top th at the next lower level. This makes it very time consuming to come up with a war strategy.
    Very true. It would be a lot less effort if it was just attack and forget!

Once the war starts, I would rather fill CC all at the start for the whole 7 days. If then, we swap someone out, we just fill that one CC. Many guys in my clan are willing to help fill CC, so it would be easy for one player each to fill one day on the first day, and that’s at least one task done.

Much could be done to improve the war planning tools in the game too.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 14
    TH: TH11 | AQ: L50 | BK: 44 | GW 15
    League: Titans II (Highest) | Max Tropies: 4500+
    Clan Formed: 16/03/2015