Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A wish that can never come true

A wish that can never come true

As I sit here as a casual clasher now after 6 years in the game, I wish CWL had come out 3-4 years ago. I remember the game being so electric back then with a much larger crop of good players who were really into the game. I strictly participate in cwl and clan games only now. We never do regular clan wars. The clash friends I have just arent into it anymore, which I understand as Im the same way. I like to put in 1 week of warring and then upgrade everything. I have many accounts that Ive upgraded to th12 and just let cwl and clan games upgrade, aside from just collecting collectors, an occasional raid, and sometimes buying one week shields with 7 resource potions. Supercell made a great game that has been a big part of my life but Im afraid they were a couple years late with the addition of CWL, or at least something like it. Regular clan wars just werent enough to feed the fire for as long as it did. Oh well, its one of those things in life that I just wished had happened but never did. I will keep grinding along with my friends as we are hanging onto the game by a thread, but I figured Id share my thoughts which Im sure many feel the same.

PS: We are in our 2nd clan catching it up to our main clan which is in Master 1. Currently, we are crushing master 2. And thats what Ive also noticed, master 3 and master 2 feel watered down with not much talent. Not good attacks, but mainly terrible base designs. Another sign that many great players have left. I guess CWL is doing what it intended: Its weeding out all the weaker players. Wouldve been intense 3 years ago when the community had more fire in its belly.

I’ll agree with the underlying notion that CWL was too late. So many players have fallen the way side due to the CW design, over time.

The old players seem to have lost the ‘fire’ mostly among the few that remain; the new players haven’t gained it yet really (give too much sweets and sugar is not sweet enough I guess).

My friend list, that I keep full to avoid requests, is still half full of inactive bases... Even though I added a whole set of new clan players.
    There seem to be far more players than 6 years ago, but finding the good ones is largely tougher.

As a reminder of my 5 years of posting here: as a (multiple) clan leader, I recruited hundreds of players since CW was added, and kicked as many almost. My early posts here were mostly to complain about the CW format, and I sure wish we’d get CWL far faster. To the point that I participate still in CW just to improve our log, but am not really for its ‘stimulation’.

PS: surprisingly, without altering my regular army, I fare far better in CW/CWL than in LL ... no idea why, as I do not scout /Fc/study for hours (again not into wars anymore, well never really been, but shhh ).

I cant decide if this is a clash is dying thread or a you whippersnappers have it so easy you dont know how too make a good base thread. Anyways, those of us that havent upgraded many accounts to th12 are finding plenty of challenge in cwl.

@Paul, it has never been easy to find good players. Roster spaces, sure. Good players, nope. As far as the newer players not having the fire, sounds like a grumpy old man get off my lawn thing. Hard For them to get the fire when you better be a decent 10 to be accepted into a good clan.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    I cant decide if this is a clash is dying thread or a you whippersnappers have it so easy you dont know how too make a good base thread. Anyways, those of us that havent upgraded many accounts to th12 are finding plenty of challenge in cwl.

@Palu, it has never been easy to find good players. Roster spaces, sure. Good players, nope. As far as the newer players not having the fire, sounds like a grumpy old man get off my lawn thing. Hard For them to get the fire when you better be a decent 10 to be accepted into a good clan.
    yup: old man, yall get off my lawn (lol).

I took this thread as both a positive discussion about CWL, and negative in some way about the overall game progression; and didn’t look into much ‘feelings’. Recruiting has always been hard, and I’ve been at it for years, and only on globals. I make no exception when recruiting from there, as long as the player understands the game. I have also been recruiting th8-9s but had to stop as wars can’t be managed efficiently (I guess win a few here and there ).

I can force my new players to FC, be active, learn, etc... but they seem less ‘fiery’ than in the old days. Just a limited observation, from the few clans I participate in (a cwl-champ, a few fwa, a few cw, a few win-streakers, ...).

PS: I had typed but deleted before: my clan’s name is ‘iQuit’ after all

Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    yup: old man, yall get off my lawn (lol).

I took this thread as both a positive discussion about CWL, and negative in some way about the overall game progression; and didn’t look into much ‘feelings’. Recruiting has always been hard, and I’ve been at it for years, and only on globals. I make no exception when recruiting from there, as long as the player understands the game. I have also been recruiting th8-9s but had to stop as wars can’t be managed efficiently (I guess win a few here and there ).

I can force my new players to FC, be active, learn, etc... but they seem less ‘fiery’ than in the old days. Just a limited observation, from the few clans I participate in (a cwl-champ, a few fwa, a few cw, a few win-streakers, ...).

PS: I had typed but deleted before: my clan’s name is ‘iQuit’ after all
    Guess we're kind of grumpy too. . But global...ick. we recruit here and on reddit. Imo, for us, not fair to recruits to bring in lower than a mid10 as we cant use them in cwl or regular war. Our few 9s are tag alongs that came with higher players or minis.
    Last edited by Piper139; September 6th, 2019 at 03:03 AM.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

I think part of the problem with new players not having the fire in their belly isn’t so much their fault as us “older” players aren’t on as much to guide them, I find myself popping on to do my one CWL attack a day and I’m off. Of course real life is chaotic for me personally at the moment so that too plays a part, but I’m seeing a decline in the chat somewhat as well......
    I’m going to blame some of my loss of interest on the fact that we have bellyached about things that haven’t been addressed, sooner or later people stop fighting the fight and start waving the white flag.....

Join us for the biggest yearly event! Forum Elite, more info here

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Guess we're kind of grumpy too. . But global...ick. we recruit here and on reddit. Imo, for us, not fair to recruits to bring in lower than a mid10 as we cant use them in cwl or regular war. Our few 9s are tag alongs that came with higher players or minis.
    About the th: when I accept anyone i warn them about our clan, and its chilled ambiance. On th8-9s specifically, i run wars with only th8-11 assuming they’ll attack. If they don’t they get out, and I join back to round the wars. In any case, I fill most ccs all day everyday. I cannot really let them FC on my base, as they have no chance... except new th10s learning to use a siege (and still don’t scratch my th lol).
    I’ve recruited so few outside of global that they don’t count really. And I’ve kicked as many...
    The main thing: I never ‘recruit’, on global, I just come on and chat, give advice, help... after a few minutes of lurking to make sure the trolls are trolling elsewhere. LL has made that a bit cumbersome actually, but from my experience, legends are back in chats, after a few weeks of absence (guess they miss chatting while waiting).
    Back to OP: the fire is there, albeit diluted, it is hard to keep it up, yet CWL and CG are going in the right direction, at least for the leadership to better evaluate the clan. More steps are needed, especially in the area of clan management tools, to make life a bit easier, and to improve an overall clan ‘glue’. Still a large improvement over the days when clans had only chat and donations.
    CW was maybe a step back than forward, looking back, at first... and needed the ‘perks’ bandaid (which somehow has become a problem in itself).
    CWL, CG are steps forward, without a doubt. Too late?

PS: disclaimer, the opinion above is obviously skewed by my initial experience with wars, and its ugly effects on clans, before perks. CWL have their ‘perks’ already from day-1 (medals).

Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    About the th: when I accept anyone i warn them about our clan, and its chilled ambiance. On th8-9s specifically, i run wars with only th8-11 assuming they’ll attack. If they don’t they get out, and I join back to round the wars. In any case, I fill most ccs all day everyday. I cannot really let them FC on my base, as they have no chance... except new th10s learning to use a siege (and still don’t scratch my th lol).
    I’ve recruited so few outside of global that they don’t count really. And I’ve kicked as many...
    The main thing: I never ‘recruit’, on global, I just come on and chat, give advice, help... after a few minutes of lurking to make sure the trolls are trolling elsewhere. LL has made that a bit cumbersome actually, but from my experience, legends are back in chats, after a few weeks of absence (guess they miss chatting while waiting).
    Back to OP: the fire is there, albeit diluted, it is hard to keep it up, yet CWL and CG are going in the right direction, at least for the leadership to better evaluate the clan. More steps are needed, especially in the area of clan management tools, to make life a bit easier, and to improve an overall clan ‘glue’. Still a large improvement over the days when clans had only chat and donations.
    CW was maybe a step back than forward, looking back, at first... and needed the ‘perks’ bandaid (which somehow has become a problem in itself).
    CWL, CG are steps forward, without a doubt. Too late?

PS: disclaimer, the opinion above is obviously skewed by my initial experience with wars, and its ugly effects on clans, before perks. CWL have their ‘perks’ already from day-1 (medals).
    I feel like CWL and CG are steps in the right direction. I've been back for almost a month and I've really enjoyed it. I was able to retrieve my original account and go back to be TH9, and I was able to get reunited with the remnants of my original clan as well and it's been a blast. I've had a few bumps in the road because of differences of opinion and being told no (I'm very independent and want it my way) but it's water under the bridge, usually.
    TROLL CAPTAIN & SUPERCELL FANBOY CLUB PRESIDENT
    Account #1
    : Town Hall 9 / LVL 100 GG: 207M EE: 237M HH: 515K Top Trophies: 2379
    Account #2: Town Hall 5 / LVL 19 GG: 894kEE: 1.06M HH: ---K
    Top Trophies: 761
    Both accounts are in Bruins Hockey

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTheGrate View Post
    I feel like CWL and CG are steps in the right direction. I've been back for almost a month and I've really enjoyed it. I was able to retrieve my original account and go back to be TH9, and I was able to get reunited with the remnants of my original clan as well and it's been a blast. I've had a few bumps in the road because of differences of opinion and being told no (I'm very independent and want it my way) but it's water under the bridge, usually.
    I think what makes CWL and CG great are the rewards.
    I doubt these two modes will worth the efforts if they came with bad rewards.
    Last edited by SuperR0ck; September 6th, 2019 at 02:35 PM.
    SuperCell, an 2 stars attack company.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperR0ck View Post
    I think what makes CWL and CG great are the rewards.
    I doubt these two modes will worth the efforts if they came with bad rewards.
    I feel that it's added a lot of content for veteran players that were tired of the monotonous of what has been the same content for the last 5 years. Most mobile MMOs have some form of CG and some have something like CWL. I used to play Lord's Mobile and they have a CG that was always fun because it was a group competition to completely tasks and get as many points as possible for the rewards, and then did a combat competition where other Kingdoms to invade you kingdom and vise versa for the most points and would get rewards from that as well.
    TROLL CAPTAIN & SUPERCELL FANBOY CLUB PRESIDENT
    Account #1
    : Town Hall 9 / LVL 100 GG: 207M EE: 237M HH: 515K Top Trophies: 2379
    Account #2: Town Hall 5 / LVL 19 GG: 894kEE: 1.06M HH: ---K
    Top Trophies: 761
    Both accounts are in Bruins Hockey